Umami Burger opened the first branch in Tokyo. The very delicious burger but needs waiting in the long queue, Umami Burger. Now, let’s discover Umami Burger Tokyo.
- Best places to eat in Tokyo on a budget — Top 5 best cheap restaurants in Tokyo
- Visiting Owl Shrine Café, Tokyo — Healing the soul by cuteness
- Otaru sushi — Top 4 best sushi restaurants in Otaru, Japan
- Visiting Kosoan tea house — The traditional tea room in Tokyo
- Top ramen in Tokyo — Top 6 best ramen restaurants in Tokyo
Umami Burger, a famous California burger restaurant, opened its first branch in Japan on March 24, 2017. Its presence was immediately welcomed by customers who were curious about the Umami taste or fifth taste which is the main flavor that brings a new surprise to the taste buds. I also participated in the opening ceremony of this burger shop.
Umami Burger Tokyo
It was raining heavily in the morning in Tokyo. About 1 pm, I went to Omotesando Station and walked to Kita Aoyama, the location of this famous burger restaurant. In the fog of the relatively heavy rain, I saw a queue of customer that was not too long. Yes, I felt very lucky. Because of the heavy rain, there was not a long queue, I think so. But I could only stay in this happiness for a short time, it turned out that I had to line up in an empty building. This was the place where the long queue of customers and I had to wait for about an hour. Outside the building, there was a long queue and I was forced to open the umbrella and withstood the cold win. Occasionally, it rained on my face.
After standing for a long time and staring at the customers sitting in the restaurant and chatting while eating hamburgers, finally, the restaurant employee, who was a Western woman, called me to the inside.
There was a luxurious impression when I looked at the interior design of this restaurant. The chandeliers hung on the ceiling were gorgeous and beautiful. The wood table was arranged in a way that made the atmosphere be warmer. This restaurant had seats at the bar and large dining table for 2-4 people. I was sitting at the table next to the bar. Do not be afraid if you do not speak Japanese because the restaurant staff knows English. The menu is also available in English.
Umami Burger menu
Umami Burger offered a variety of options, such as chicken wings, ribs, edamame, fries with many sauces, big burgers, and of course burgers. The burgers had different flavors such as Umami Burger (including parmesan cheese, grilled mushroom, grilled tomato, caramel onion, umami tomato sauce and beef burger), Truffle Burger, Manly Burger, and many other items on the menu. I chose Umami Burger because it is a specialty of this bakery.
The food was finally brought up and I found that the unique structure of Umami Burger with crisp parmesan cheese in the middle. The scent was derived from thick beef wrapped in sweet tasting layers. Not to mention I called Truffle Fries as a complementary dish, with cheese sauce and truffle salt, sprinkled with shallots.
Itadakimasu !!! Umamiiiiii …. !!! The beef was very soft, mixed with parmesan cheese and tomato sauce, giving a unique and addictive flavor. I continued to cut the burger in front of me while occasionally slicing the pieces of potato chips dipped in umami sauce. Unlike most other burgers, Umami Burger has a thick but soft texture and has a good smell of meat.
Immediately after tasting the main menu, I found a dessert. The restaurant offered only three desserts, the burger with chocolate flavored cream, caramel salt and vanilla. Curious to see how the caramel salt tasted, I finally ordered the dish. The good thing is that I chose this flavor because it tasted the same as eating popcorn, but in the shape of an ice cream. Salty and sweetened taste from white sugar powder sprinkled with “U” on the top of the burger that I thought was referring to the name of the restaurant, Umami Burger.
Restaurant: Umami Burger
Address: 3-15-5 Kita Aoyama, Minato 107-0061, Tokyo Prefecture, Japan (Google Map)
Opening hours: 11 am – 11 pm daily. (Last order 10:30 p.m.)
Prices: $$ – $$$: Average cost from 1400 yen – 2000 yen
How to get there: Omotesando Station (Ginza, Chiyoda, Hanzomon lines)
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Tokyo you can refer to
- Private Narita International Airport Transfers (NRT) for Tokyo 23 Wards, Hakone, or Karuizawa
- Private Haneda International Airport Transfers (HND) for Tokyo 23 Wards, Hakone, or Karuizawa
- Airport Limousine Bus Transfers from/to Narita and Haneda International Airport (Free Wifi Onboard)
- Tokyo Amazing Sightseeing Bus Day Tour
- Tokyo Highlights Private Day Tour
- Nikko Day Tour from Tokyo
- Mt Fuji & Hakone Day Tour: Lake Ashi & Ropeway Day Trip from Tokyo
- Nikko Cultural Day Tour from Tokyo
- Tokyo Subway Ticket (24, 48, or 72 Hours)
- Tokyo Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket
- Shuttle Bus Transfers (One Way/Round Trip) from Shinjuku/Ikebukuro to Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea
- Sky Hop-on and Hop-off Bus Pass
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (JP Airports Pick Up) for Japan
- 4G WiFi (Japan Pick Up) for Japan
- JR Pass for Whole Japan (7, 14, or 21 Days)
Are you finding more top things to do in Tokyo: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Tokyo travel blog — The fullest Tokyo city guide for a budget trip for the first time visiting Tokyo, Japan.