This family-friendly themed park welcomes visitors to stroll amongst the magnificent gardens, sailing on the romantic lake, riding the elephant and watching the Thai cultural performance shows.
- Doi Inthanon blog — The fullest guide for what to do in Doi Inthanon in 1 day
- Explore Araksa Tea Garden — One of the best tourist attractions in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Explore Sriracha Tiger Zoo Pattaya — One of the best places to visit in Pattaya
- Explore Pa Nai Krung of Bangkok — The “fairy” forest built from … landfill of the Thai
- Bangkok street food blog — Top 10 best place to eat street food in Bangkok you must visit
Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden (Suan Nong Nooch) is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Thailand. It is one of the tropical gardens — the world’s largest botanical garden with the top beauty of both the Asian region as well as around the the world. Beginning in the 50s of the last century, the garden is the passion and enthusiasm of a couple — Nong Nooch with a huge collection of thousands of different tropical plants. Before, the owners who have involved in the conservation of rare plants so this place is the world to live in many rare species of plants are hard to find in many parts of the world. Up to now, “Suan Nong Nooch” has become a beautiful tropical garden is famous not only in Thailand but also in the world. The Nong Nooch Tropical Garden has 20,000 tropical trees which collected from 50 countries around the world. The most distinctive is the collection of more than 600 species of orchids. For those who love orchids, this place is a real paradise to lose yourself in the beautiful dreams.
Starting in 1980, the tropical garden of Nong Nooch begins to open for visitors. The tropical garden is completely built as a full tourist zone with restaurants, luxury resorts, the art performance theater and the performance area of 42 elephants are domesticated. From 1980 up to now, the number of people visiting, study about the garden not less than 20 million people. Every day there are about 3,000 — 5,000 visitors from many countries come to enjoy this beautiful garden.
Nong Nooch is located not far from the coastal city of Pattaya, which is known as the private park of species of orchids. The area is hundreds of hectares and is located in a beautiful valley scenery shimmering like a colorful painting, this place becomes one of the most attractive tourist attractions in Thailand for both domestic and foreign tourists. With designed and elaborated construction and with the enthusiasm of Nong Nooch couple, the lush garden is truly considered as a masterpiece of landscape design. Inside the garden is a whole world of pottery as a harmony combination with nature.
In this garden there are many orchids, mixed with other plants and rare flowers. Nong Nooch Village Orchid Garden is always covered with a green color brings cool air and comfortable for visitors. At here, every kind of tree is planted in each separate area, is take cared very meticulously by garden artisans. Looking from above, the Nong Nooch Orchid Garden looks like a mysterious labyrinth, full of different shapes and patterns, creating a very lively natural picture that any visitor must praise admire.
During the process of building, Mrs. Nong Nooch always collects local indigenous flowers and plants from everywhere to complete the garden, making it has become one of the world’s richest and most diverse botanical gardens with varieties plants and flowers from all over the world such as: France, Europe, Netherlands, etc., and diversity of species: orchids, palm, coconut, palm tree, butterfly garden, tree pruning, cactus etc.
Also here, there is a colorful butterfly garden, a beautiful palm garden, a miniature replica of Stonehenge, the fountains, sculptures or romantic paths… Beside the huge collection of vegetation, the Nong Nooch couple also founded a wildlife conservation project with a small zoo with many strange animals. In the zoo, visitors will be in close contact with deer, parrots and turtles, and many other animals. There is also the car museum that showcase many classic and modern sports cars.
Visiting this beautiful garden, tourists are feel free to take pictures at the side of the colorful blooming flowers with charming fragrant. In addition to admire this wonderful garden visitors also participate in the show circus elephant, see these giant animals — the symbol of Siam performing the games: cycling, playing football and even the elephants also invite you to participate in the carousel game. The elephant circus performances have become extremely attractive shows at here. In addition, there are also many martial arts performances, other tempting games, the traditional Thai cultural performances, traditional weddings and traditional Thai dances are also the big attraction of the garden.
The garden is open daily and charge entrance fee, which includes tickets for watching the cultural performances. Please visit the official website of the garden for the full opening hours and schedule of performances. The restaurants here serve European, Chinese, Indian and even Thai dishes. Visitors can also bring food for picnic and enjoy the beautiful natural scenery.
Nong Nooch Tropical Garden & Cultural Village
- Address: Na Jomtien 6 Tambon Na Chom Thian, Amphoe Sattahip, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20250, Thailand (See Google Map)
- Opening hours: The garden open daily from 8.00 hrs. to 18.00 hrs.
- Telephone: +66(038)238061 – 63 (Operator) 087-488-0028 , 061-647-7088 (Resevation)
- Fax: +66(038)238160
- Official website: http://www.nongnoochtropicalgarden.com/
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Garden.Nongnooch
Nong Nooch show time
The Cultural performances start from morning 9:45 am to 10:45 am, and then again 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Show 1 : 9:45am-10:45am
Show 2 : 10:45am-11:45am
Show 3 : 3:00pm-4:00pm
Show 4 : 4:00pm-5:00pm
Best time to visit: The best time to visit is between the months of November and February.
Admission, tickets, entry fee
- Gardens: Adult: ฿500 / Child: ฿300
- Gardens + Thai cultural show + elephant show: Adult: ฿800 / Child: ฿600
- Gardens + international buffet lunch: Adult: ฿800 / Child: ฿600
- Gardens + Thai cultural show + elephant show + international buffet lunch: Adult: ฿1200 / Child: ฿800
* Child rate: Height between 90 – 130 cm
How to get to Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden
The Nong Nooch Tropical Garden is located on axis 3 of Bangkok Avenue to Pattaya, to km 163 (20 km from Pattaya City), visitors turn left 3km further to the center of the tropical garden. The Nong Nooch Tropical Garden is about 40 minutes drive to south of Pattaya. To get there, visitors can go to by Songthaew (shared taxi) or rent private car. The travel agencies in Pattaya also support scheduling tours and transportation to the garden.
Getting around Nong Nooch
Walking the over three kilometer long shaded elevated walkways will give you a nice view of gardens like the European garden, tropical palm garden, Butterfly Hill and Stonehenge garden from above.
Alternatively, take a 30 minute tour on the Sightseeing bus or rent a bicycle. Small children will enjoy a ride on a pedalled swan boat.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Pattaya you can refer to
- Koh Larn Island Full Day Tour from Pattaya with Snorkeling and Water Sliding
- Pattaya Full Experience Day Tour by Yusabai
- Pattaya City & Coral Island Day Tour from Bangkok
- Private City Transfers from Pattaya to Bangkok, Hua Hin, Koh Samet & Koh Chang
- Pattaya to Koh Larn Half Day Tour
- Koh Larn Island Full Day Tour from Pattaya with Snorkeling and Water Sliding
- Pattaya Custom Tour: The Sanctuary of Truth, Nong Nooch Tropical Garden, Floating Market, and More
- Private Bangkok and Pattaya Airports Transfers (UTP, DMK or BKK) for Pattaya
- Private U-Tapao International Airport (UTP) Transfers for Pattaya
- Private City Transfers between Pattaya and Bangkok by Thai Rhythm
- Private Suvarnabhumi Airport Transfers (BKK) for Pattaya by Thai Rhythm
- [SALE] BTS Skytrain Rabbit Card
- Chao Phraya Tourist Boat Bangkok Hop-On-Hop-Off Sightseeing Boat
- [SALE] Chao Phraya Princess Cruise
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you finding more top things to do in Pttaya: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here. And Bangkok Pattaya itinerary 5 days — The fullest guide for a budget trip on how to spend 5 days in Thailand perfectly.