You have probably seen performances featuring talented and funny dolphins. You may have even ridden a dolphin before. However, have you ever considered what it would feel like to be in the stomach of a dolphin and feel its natural movement around you? That sounds incredible! You can experience this at Hon Tam, a well-known island off the coast of Nha Trang.
- Top beaches in Pattaya — Top 7 most beautiful & best beaches in Pattaya, Thailand
- Best areas to stay in Penang — Top 5 best places to stay in Penang for the first-timers
- Pattaya tourist attractions — Top 10 best places to visit in Pattaya
- Pattaya itinerary 3 days — What to do in Pattaya in 3 days?
- Koh Samui travel blog — The ultimate guide for a Koh Samui budget trip, Thailand
Hon Tam island offers two Seabreachers—two-seat submersible watercraft—for customers to rent. Seabreacher Z is shaped like a dolphin and Seabreacher Y like a shark. Each is 5.18 meters long and nearly 1 meter wide. They can glide at a speed of 65 km/h on the surface of the water and submerge 1.5 meters. The Hon Tam Nha Trang Sea Joint Stock Company ordered the Seabreacher Z and Seabreacher Y from the US and has the exclusive rights to hire them out for two years, starting April 16, 2017. Interestingly, US President Donald Trump owns a Seabreacher.
Seabreacher Z and Seabreacher Y are very attractive to tourists, especially young and adventurous tourists. These watercraft have two cabins, one for the driver and one for tourists. After entering the cabin and fastening your seat belt, the “dolphin” will glide over the sea and somersault through the water. It springs over the waves and dives below the surface. It is a thrilling ride.
When Nguyen Khang visited Hon Tam for the first time, he was enchanted by the “dolphin.” He didn’t mind waiting for a long time to play with it. “It was so exciting to sit in the cabin, submerge beneath the sea and look at coral reefs.” said Khang.
In addition to Seabreacher Z and Seabreacher Y, another new service is the Flyboard, a board connected by a long hose to a watercraft. Pressurized water is forced down from the board, lifting people 9–10 meters in the air. The SeaWalker helmet also allows tourists to walk on the seabed.
Other sports offered at the complex include tandem paragliding, jet skiing and kayaking.
Even those who have seen Nha Trang many times will not tire of this beautiful coastal area if they come to Hon Tam. Blue seas, white clouds, and plenty of adventure make the island a thrilling place to visit.
How to get to Hon Tam Island
From Nha Trang Center, take a taxi to Hon Tam Port, next to Cau Da Port (about 4 km). Buy a ticket to visit Hon Tam. It costs VND 600,000/ per person (including lunch and transport by ship). Contact: 0583 590 888.
Sea sports service
– Seabreacher Z or Seabreacher Y: VND 1,100,000/ per person/ per round.
– Flyboard: VND 1,400,000/ per person/ 15 minutes.
– Flying fish: VND 800,000/ two persons/ per round.
– Tandem paragliding: VND 1,000,000/ two persons/ per round.
– SeaWalker: VND 800,000/ per person/ per round or VND 1,100,000/ two persons/ per round.
– Jetski (personal watercraft): VND 600,000/ per person/ per round or VND1,100,000/ two persons/ per round.