What’s more romantic than a candle lit dinner at the seaside? A candle-lit dinner in a grotto restaurant carved into the Italian seaside. Grotta Palazzese hotel restaurant is set in a vaulted limestone cave in the town of Polignano a Mare in Southern Italy. You’re not only dining in a cave – you can also soak in the sights of the Adriatic sea and the vertical cliffs typical to the seaside.
- Where to eat in Florence? — 13+ top restaurants & best places to eat in Florence
- 9 must try food in Venice & best places to eat in Venice, Italy on a budget
- Why I love Italy? — Here are 16 reasons to visit Italy
- 39+ pictures revealed the beauty and culture of Venice, Italy
- 14+ pictures revealed the beautiful landscape of Tuscany
The location had been inhabited since the Neolithic and was once a Greek colony. The restaurant itself might have been in used since 1700s when local nobility gathered there to do pretty much the same we’d like to do there today. They could afford it, too!
- Address: Via Narciso, 59, 70044 Polignano A Mare BA, Italy
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/Ristorante-Hotel-Grotta-Palazzese
- Tel. +39 (0)80 4240677
- Fax +39 (0)80 4240767
- Email: [email protected]
- More info: grottapalazzese.it