Singapore Butterfly & Insect Kingdom is also home to some impressive jungle parrots and an area dedicated to reptiles including various different types of lizards and snakes.
- Sentosa island blog — The fullest Sentosa travel guide for a great trip to Sentosa Island for the first-timers
- How to travel cheap in Singapore? — 3 best way on how to travel around Singapore & cheapest way to get around Singapore
- Singapore Malaysia 5 days itinerary — What to do & suggested 5 days 4 nights Singapore Malaysia itinerary
- Singapore family itinerary — The pefect suggested Singapore 4 day itinerary for family with kids
- Adventure Cove Waterpark Singapore review — What to do & how to get to Adventure Cove Waterpark?
- Opening Hours: 09:30 am- 07:00 pm Daily (last entry 06:30 pm)
- Address: 51 Imbiah Road, Singapore 099702
- Tel: +65 6275 0013
- How to get there: The park is easily accessible via Blue Line Bus or the Green Line Bus services
- Entrance fee (Ticket price): Adults: 16 SGD / person (about 12 USD) / Children (3-12 years): 10 SGD / person (about 7 USD). Children under 3 years old are free.
6. Sentosa Nature Discovery
One of the fascinating attractions on Sentosa Island is Sentosa Nature Discovery – where offers visitors an interactive journey to discover wildlife and plants on the island. Sentosa Nature Discovery includes exhibitions indoors and outdoors.
Going walkways linked together, you can discover and admire the birds, insects and other creatures in the natural habitat. If you are afraid of directly accessing to the wildlife, you can choose softer experience when enjoying a movie or an environmental exhibition in galleries.
- Opening hours: 09:00 am – 06:00 pm daily.
- Location: Imbiah Lookout, Sentosa Island, Singapore.
- How to get there: via Blue Line Bus or the Green Line Bus services
- Entrance fee: Free. For a guided tour, the fare is 8 SGD / person (about 6 USD).
7. Fort Siloso
Located at the western of Sentosa, built in the 1880s, Fort Siloso is the last fort of the British Army during the Japanese invasion. The government has designed to renovate the fort become the repository of World War II memorabilia, can have a better understanding of the history of this island.
Besides, the paints were depicted in detail and images of the soldiers their lives in this island were captured.
- Opening hours: 10:00 am – 06:00 pm Daily (the last entry at 05:30 pm).
- Entrance fee: Adults: 12 SGD (about 8.5 USD) / Elderly (60 and over): 9 SGD (about 6.5 USD) / Children (from 3 to 12-year-olds): 9 SGD (about 6.5 USD).
8. Merlion Walk and Sea Lions
Merlion Walk is the road connecting the tourist destinations on the Sentosa island . This road is120m long and impressive thanks to the sprinklers system. The central location is the majestic sea lions 37 m tall.
The 9th floor – the lion’s mouth and the 12th floor – the lion’ head are two beautiful location for you to enjoy a panoramic view of Sentosa with trails hidden in the rainforest, pristine white sandy Siloso beach, the busy port of Singapore,…
- Address: 30 Imbiah Rd, Singapore 099705
- Phone: +65 1800 736 8672
- Entrance fee: Standard: ADULT: S$12 / CHILD/SENIOR CITIZEN^: S$9. Local resident*: ADULT: S$10 / CHILD/SENIOR CITIZEN^: S$7.50
- How to get there: VIA BOARDWALK
Alight at HarbourFront MRT station and follow the signs to the Sentosa Boardwalk. Take a leisurely stroll from VivoCity’s water promenade – made easy by the sheltered travelators featuring five garden themed tropical landscapes.
Ticketing: $1 per entry per person (Use your ez-link card for quick access).
Free entry till 31 Dec 2015
Hop on board the Sentosa Express at Waterfront Station and alight at Imbiah Station, or get around with The Sentosa Bus 1, 2 & 3 and alight at Merlion stop.VIA SENTOSA EXPRESS
Take the Sentosa Express from Sentosa Station at VivoCity Level 3, Lobby L and alight at Imbiah Station.
Ticketing: $4 per person (Use your ez-link card for quick access)VIA CAR / TAXI
Admission charges are applicable to each taxi or car entering Sentosa regardless of the number of passengers. Admission charges vary according to time of entry.
Taxi: Alight at Beach Station taxi stand, take the Sentosa Express from Beach Station and alight at Imbiah Station.
Car: Park your car at Imbiah Car Park and take a 5-minute walk to Merlion Plaza OR Park your car at Beach Car Park, take the Sentosa Express from Beach Station and alight at Imbiah Station.VIA CABLE CAR
Alight at Sentosa and head down to Merlion Plaza.
Operating Hours: 8.45am – 10pm daily (Last boarding at 9.30pm)
TICKETING: Adult: S$29 / Child (3 – 12 years): S$18
9. Tiger Sky Tower
The Tiger Sky Tower in Sentosa is Singapore’s highest viewing tower at 131 meters – the equivalent of about 50 stories. Getting to the top is a ride in itself, as visitors must enter a cabin which gradually reaches ascends to the peak.
Along the way, a running commentary details the brief but interesting history of the Sentosa Island, pointing out famous landmarks across Singapore along the way up.
The views at the top are simply breathtaking; you have a 360-degree panorama across Singapore to the north and the sea and surrounding Indonesian islands in the distance to the south. Tickets are around S$15 for adults and children ride for a little cheaper.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 am- 09:00 pm Daily
- Address: 33 Allanbrooke Road, Sentosa Singapore
- Tel: +65 6275 0388
- Entrance fee: Adults: 15 SGD ( about 11 USD) / Children: 10 SGD (about 7 USD).
10. Sentosa Wave House
Sentosa Wave House is located along the coast around the Sentosa island with the area of more than 6,500 m². This work is built for the purpose of giving surfing enthusiasts the ultimate experience while riding on the waves of about 3m.
If you do not know how to surf, you will get the help from the experienced guides at Wave House.
- Opening hours: 10:00 am – 11:00 pm daily.
- Entrance fee: Free / + The price of a ticket in FlowRider on weekdays is 30 SGD (about 22 USD) and on weekends is 35 SGD (about 25 USD) / + Similarly, in FlowBarrel 40 SGD (about 29 USD) and 45 SGD (about 32,5 USD) respectively.
11. Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon
Take an excursion by an 83-metre long underwater tunnel, which in turn passes through a huge tank that holds a vast array of aquatic species in about four million liters of seawater.
You will be impressed by watching over 2,500 fish from 250 species. In fact, a visit to this oceanarium filled with exotic aquatic species enables you to take on board lots of rich and interesting information on marine life. You’ll even get a chance to feed , domesticated sharks in the interactive …., or dine in underwater space.
Additionally, visitors to Underwater World can indulge in such fun activities as fish reflexology that involves pedicure by spa fish and a soothing foot massage by an experienced reflexologist.
A visit to Underwater World is incomplete without taking a tour to Dolphin Lagoon – a great place to watch the charming performances of seals and Indo-Pacific humpback dolphins, otherwise known as pink dolphins.
The oceanarium also provides opportunities for visitors to venture in a variety of adventure activities including Marine Discovery – an amazing way to closely feed and mingle with aquatic animals like shovelnose rays and stingrays, Dive with the Sharks – a guide-led activity that enables you to dive with large sharks and eagle rays and Swim with the Dolphins.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 am – 07:00 pm Daily (last entry 6:30 pm).
- Remarks: Programs and activities like Swim with Dolphin, Dive with Sharks and Marine Discovery are special paid activities.
- Address: 80 Siloso Road, Sentosa, Singapore 098960
- Tel: +65 6275 0030
- How to get there: In order to reach Underwater World, take the blue line bus departing from the Beach Station, Sentosa Island
- Entrance fee: Adults: 25.90 SGD (about 19 USD) / Children (3-12 years): 17.60 SGD (about 13 USD) / Free entrance for children under 3 years old. The price of the ticket includes entrance fee at Underwater World Singapore and Dolphin Lagoon.
12. Musical Fountain Show “Wings of Time”
If you used to like the “Songs of the Sea” musical fountain show in Sentosa Island, surely you will also love the completely the new show choreographed by the same author. With these unique water performances combining with fire and laser effects right on the beach promise to give visitors a compelling performance.
“Wings of Time” tells the story of a fantastic journey through time and space. A bird-like creature, Shahbaz, from prehistoric time goes on an adventure with two modern-day teenagers in search of home.
Along the way, they discover the world by exploring wondrous locations around the world. As the teenagers assist their new found friend to find his way home, they too must face a test of their courage and friendship. What decisions will they make and will they too, be able to find their way home?
- Opening hours: Daily (Monday – Sunday) including public holidays.
- Show Times: 7:40pm and 8:40pm daily.
- Duration of the show: 25 mins
- Venue: Siloso Beach, Sentosa Island, Singapore 099538
- Entrance fee: Local seats: 15 SGD / person (about 11 USD) / Standard seats: 18 SGD / person (about 13 USD) / Premium seats: 23 SGD / person (about 17 USD).
How to get to Sentosa Island
There are three main options to get to Sentosa Island apart from driving over in a car or taxi. These are to take the cable car, the monorail or walk over.
- The cable car is by far the nicest way. However, it is expensive –23 SGD (about 16 USD) per person.
- The monorail is at only 4 SGD (about 3 USD) per person.
- It is also easy to walk over. It is only about 600 meters and it is undercover with travelators most of the way. It costs 1 SGD (about 1 USD) to enter this way each, although it is currently free on weekends and public holidays.
Whichever way you enter Sentosa Island, you can take the monorail back.
Tips for those who intend to visit Sentosa:
- You should choose Sentosa Fun Pass package to participate in lots of fun games with discount prices.
- Sentosa FUN PASS – your ticket to The State of Fun! Be spoilt for choice with over 20 exciting attractions, at up to 70% savings! Choose from various passes for your choice of fun.
There are 3 types of Fun Pass:
- DAY FUN PASS PLAY 3 to play 3 out of 20 attractions! Save up to 40%.
- DAY FUN PASS PLAY 5 to play 5 out of 20 attractions! Save up to 50
- DAY FUN PASS PLAY 20 to play up to 20 attractions! Save up to 70%.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in Singapore and from Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Private City Transfers between Singapore and Johor Bahru
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore All Day Pass
- The Singapore Pass
- [Klook Exclusive] 3 Hours Singapore City Tour
- Singapore Cityscapes Tour
- [Klook Exclusive] Sentosa Island Introductory Tour in Singapore
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.