The photos of Hanoi dating back 40 years ago make a lot of people fret with obsessive memories of the past, their old days and memories.
- 30+ stunning pictures show the many sides of life in My Tho, Vietnam in 1969
- 25+ vibrant photos of Hanoi make your heart race
- Charming Hanoi and Hue at night on the lens of a French photographer
- Hanoi spring season — Charming photos of Hanoi in “Sua flower” season
- 10+ photos show the beauty of Sapa in snow season
Hanoi of the years 79 – 80, the lively atmosphere streets filled with bicycle bells, the jingle of the train, the street vendors calling out their wares, the voice of children playing, men gathering having a drink chatting. That peaceful, beautiful image of Hanoi must have been engraved deeply in the mind of the generation of 6x, 7x while with younger generation nowadays, it seems a bit strange.
The central streets back then was not crowded and full of vehicles like the recent time. People were on their bicycle cycling slowly, passing each other. They even had time to say hello, have a little chat and laughed with each other and the traffic flow is very low.
On the crowded Hanoi streets nowadays is the constant flow of people always on a move and in a hurry. Traffic jam is an indispensable “specialty” in Hanoi. 40 years ago, it must have been really rare.
The streets of Hanoi from the old days, could you all realize?
You also see more Hanoi travel guide at here.