The Netherlands is world-famous for their tulip fields. Every year from March to May the Dutch countryside transforms into a sea of colour. According to Nat Geo, the first tulip was planted in Dutch soil in 1593, and it has become a national symbol ever since.
- 21+ captivating photos of Giethoorn — The Dutch Venice without roads!
- 10 most beautiful towns in Netherlands
- Cadini di Misurina hike — The detailed hike guide in Tre Cime with the best viewpoint
- 29+ Bhutan photos revealed the beauty of the happiest country in the world
- What to buy in Netherlands? — 15+ best gifts, souvenirs & best things to buy in Netherlands
In the series below you will find incredible photographs taken by Bruxelles5. The photographer snapped these from a small prop plane flown by Claython Pender (who has a great blog post on the journey they went on to get these shots).
All of the photos were taken in the former municipality of Anna Paulowna in North Holland. As of January 1, 2012, Anna Paulowna along with three other municipalities were all merged into a new municipality called Hollands Kroon.