Singapore – One of the most livable countries in the world is chosen by many tourists as a stopover on their journey to discover the world. At the end of each trip, in addition to great experiences, everyone wants to bring back a little gift from the lion island nation for relatives and friends. If traveling to Singapore without knowing what to buy, immediately refer to these suggestions for Singapore specialties as gifts!
- Where to buy souvenirs in Singapore? — 7+ best places to buy souvenirs in Singapore & must buy souvenirs in Singapore
- Singapore must buy souvenirs — Top 16 most famous, cheap & best things to buy in Singapore for tourists
- 5 days in Singapore itinerary — What to do in Singapore for 5 days on a budget?
- Singapore itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Singapore budget for the first-timers?
- Top things to do in Singapore — 10+ must, fun & best things to do in Singapore
So, what food is Singapore known for, what food to buy in Singapore, what snacks to buy in Singapore? Let’s check out our top rated 10+ Singapore famous for food, Singapore specialty food, best food souvenirs from Singapore, top food gifts from Singapore, food to bring back from Singapore.
Singaporean sausage (#best food souvenirs from singapore)
The first Singaporean specialty as a gift will be sausages. Visitors to Singapore are also impressed when they get lost in the stalls selling dry food items such as whole jerk chicken, dried pork pieces, various kinds of sausages. Clusters of bright red sausages are hung at the shops, making it easy for visitors to choose. This specialty is easy to eat and easy to transport, so it is very suitable for buying as a gift.
Singapore pineapple tart
The origin of this cake is in Taiwan, but it has become a Singaporean specialty as a gift and is sold in every store, supermarket, and market. The best place to buy pineapple cake is in Chinatown. Here you can buy these delicious cakes right at the spot and there is a wide range of cakes to choose from. Singapore pineapple cake will be the perfect choice to give to relatives and friends when traveling there.
Dried persimmon (#what snacks to buy in singapore)
Dried persimmons are easy to bring and reasonably priced, so they are bought by many tourists as gifts. The taste of dried persimmon here is quite similar to that of Dalat, Vietnam. When you step into a store that sells dried persimmons, you will definitely want to buy them immediately. You can buy pre-packaged varieties or ask the seller to divide them into small bags to give as gifts. It’s a Singaporean specialty that makes a great gift, isn’t it?
Bak Kwa (Chinese Pork Jerky)
Singapore dried meat is one of the most loved snacks. This food can be made from chicken, beef or pork. Each thin slice of meat is cut squarely, marinated with spices to taste and eat without getting greasy. So do you know where to buy dried meat? Come to Bee Cheng Hiang right away, this is the oldest Bak Kwa shop in Singapore – where many tourists come to buy Singapore specialties as gifts.
TWG is the leading famous tea brand in Singapore and has 3 stores at Changi Airport. There are a variety of luxuriously boxed teas that visitors can buy as gifts. Black teas, Royal Darjeeling tea, Maharaja tea… are the most popular ones. For those who love tea, it is definitely not to be missed.
Confectionery (#food to bring back from singapore)
If you want to buy candy as a gift, you can visit Value store chain. They sell a variety of sea lion sandwiches and Japanese-style confectionery at relatively cheap prices. Candylicious is also a confectionery paradise visited by many tourists. Visitors here can freely choose their favorite candy and then weigh it and pay for it.
Kaya jam (Coconut jam)
Looking for Singapore specialties as gifts, visitors can also refer to Kaya jams. This type of jam is made from eggs and coconut milk, eaten with bread, very mouth-watering. The famous place to buy jam is at Yakun Kaya Toast Family Cafe. Remember not to miss it.
Laksa sauce is a harmonious combination of coconut milk, curry, and chili sauce. This is also one of the highlights in Singapore’s culinary culture. In any supermarket, you can find this sauce in jars or bags. The sauce is used to cook vermicelli and curries with a strong lion island flavor. If you have a passion for Singaporean cuisine, remember to buy Laksa sauce right away.
Laksa Cookies (#singapore specialty food)
Among Laksa cookies, Prima Taste Laksa Sauce Mix and PrimaDéli’s Laksa Cookies are the world’s best sellers. What makes this cookies special is the ingredients that include Laska sauce, coconut milk flavor and many other spices. All combined according to the perfect recipe to create a premium taste. Make sure to taste it once and you’ll be hooked.
Steamed Nest Cake (Nian Gao)
Nian Gao nest cake is a traditional cake of the Chinese people. In the spiritual life of Singaporeans, this cake brings togetherness and development. The cake is made from glutinous rice flour, sugar and ginger, so it is sweet and mildly spicy. This is also a meaningful gift you can buy for family and friends. Buy this Singapore specialty as a gift now.
In addition to the Singaporean specialties as gifts mentioned above, tourists also often buy tiger balm, cosmetics, fashion items, handicrafts, sea lion head-shaped gifts, etc. Hope the above suggestions can be helpful that make it easy for you to make a list of gifts during your Singapore trip!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, from and to Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- Gardens by the Bay Ticket Singapore
- S.E.A. Aquarium™ One-Day Ticket
- ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands Ticket
- Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass
- Jewel Changi Airport Attraction Tickets in Singapore
- Singapore Flyer Tickets
- Singapore Sunset Boat Tour
- Skyline Luge Singapore: Skyline Luge & Skyride
- Marina Bay Sands Skypark Observation Deck or Sampan Ride
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ One-Day Ticket
- Science Centre Singapore, Butterflies Up-Close, Omni Theatre
- Singapore River Cruise
- Madame Tussauds Singapore Ticket
- Wings of Time Show Ticket in Singapore
- LiHO TEA in Singapore
- Singapore Travel Card (NETS FlashPay)
- Universal Studios Singapore Tickets
- Klook Pass Singapore
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Pick Up) for Europe
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.