Bangkok is widely known as a city that does not sleep due to the bustling life day and night. Especially, the nightlife in Bangkok always has a lot of fascinating activities for you to explore. The most popular must include Bangkok night markets, which are considered the feature destination of this city. Let’s explore the most trendy night markets in Bangkok at the moment. So, which night market to go in Bangkok? Let’s check out our top rated 8+ Bangkok best night markets, top night markets in Bangkok including most popular night market in Bangkok, most famous night market in Bangkok, famous night market in Bangkok and best street food markets in Bangkok as follows!
- Top nightclubs in Bangkok — 7 good & best nightclubs in Bangkok
- Top things to do in Bangkok — 17+ must, cool & best things to do in Bangkok
- Bangkok travel blog — The fullest Bangkok travel guide & suggested Bangkok 3 days itinerary for first-timers
- Best Bib Gourmand Bangkok 2023 — The 10 best Michelin Bib Gourmand Bangkok 2023
- Where to go in Bangkok? — 12+ top, must-see & best places to visit in Bangkok
After a long day touring around Bangkok, we highly recommend the night markets if you haven’t planned any activities for the night. Here, you can purchase inexpensive fashion items and also fill your stomach with a culinary paradise full of specialty dishes. Visiting Bangkok without going to the night market, your journey won’t be complete. Let’s see what they have to offer that anyone traveling to Bangkok cannot miss out on.
Train Night Market – Ratchada (Talad Rot Fai) (#bangkok best night markets)
One of the night markets in Bangkok that is always on the must-visit bucket list is Rod Fai, also known as Train Night Market. This night market is located in the Ratchada area, right at MRT National Culture Center. You can easily find Rod Fai night market with its vibrant colorful tents.
Rod Fai night market has many cool and quality stalls. But first, the most outstanding experience here is the dining. This is a culinary paradise for foodies, where you can find all the typical Thai dishes.
So what to eat at Rod Fai night market? (#bangkok best night markets)
First of all, a famous dish for all the tourists is the giant spicy pork bone soup. If you travel as a couple, you should order a small size, and for a large group of people, just get as much as you want. Based on our experience, this dish is really spicy and it should take about 1-2 hours to consume a huge bowl of soup. Also, remember to come here early at around 5 or 6 pm to avoid having to wait in a long queue because it is typically crowded during dinner time.
Not only that, but your culinary journey may also continue if your stomach still has room for seafood dishes, skewers, ice cream, bingsu, mango sticky rice, and so on. And you can find all typical Thai dishes such as tom yum goong, pad Thai, and curry at Rod Fai night market.
What to do at Rod Fai night market? (#top night markets in bangkok)
As your appetite is filled, let’s talk about shopping and experiencing. Rod Fai night market has a lot of fashion items such as t-shirts, bags, shoes, and jewelry at quite affordable prices and even more affordable if you are good at bargaining. It is no exaggeration to say that Rod Fai night market is large enough for you to browse and shop all night.
For those who are not really interested in shopping, the Rod Fai night market offers dozens of interesting places for you to explore, particularly bars and breweries with unique decorations. After dinner, let’s stop by here to sip a few bottles with friends and enjoy the bustling atmosphere of the night market. Such an ideal spot!
Now, perhaps you have somewhat understood why tourists cannot miss Bangkok night markets. You can try all the delicious dishes in the world and shop for many things at relatively low prices.
- How to get there: By taxi, it takes you about 45 minutes from downtown Bangkok. By MRT, get off at the National Culture Center MRT Station to arrive at Rot Fai.
- Hours: Thursday – Sunday, 5 PM – 1 AM
Talad Neon Night Market (#top night markets in bangkok)
Talad Neon night market is located right in the Pratunam area next to Platinum Fashion Mall, so you can easily come here from downtown. Talad Neon Night Market is also easily identifiable through its colorful huts. Not inferior to the Rot Fai night market, Talad Neon is also a culinary paradise with all the interesting dishes in the world, cute tiny items, and many great games. Let’s explore it together!
What to eat at Talad Neon night market? (#top night markets in bangkok)
You can find giant spicy bone soup here. Talad Neon Night Market is most famous for its seafood restaurants, the seafood dishes here are really rich and diverse.
There are also delicious desserts like bingsu, smoothies, and cheese. It’s hard to resist trying them all. You will find unique shops selling cocktails and alcohol for those who want to try the experience like in the movie Hangover which was filmed in Thailand.
What to do at Talad Neon night market? (#most popular night market in bangkok)
You will absolutely find cute and fashionable items such as clothes and phone cases. Besides, Talad Neon night market not only has shopping but also interesting game stalls like shooting animals, a Ferris wheel, and a floating house. No wonder both kids and adults love this place. In such a colorful space, you can take wonderful photos. After a walk around the Talad Neon night market, get a foot massage right here to relax.
- Address: Petchaburi Road, Pratunam
- How to get there: Get off at BTS Chit Lom or Ratchthewi Station, then walk about 5-10 minutes to Platinum Fashion Mall.
- Hours: Thursday – Sunday, 5 PM – 12 AM
Chang Chui Bangkok Plane Market (#most popular night market in bangkok)
When it comes to night markets, people often think of squalid, crowded places where they would just stop by for dining and shopping. But don’t be mistaken. Bangkok night market has reached a new level with Chang Chui Bangkok Plane Market; let’s call it Chang Chui night market.
Who said night market can’t be cool? You will see absolutely artsy corners and shops at Chang Chui night market. The reason it was named Chang Chui Bangkok Plane Market is an old Airbus plane used as a decoration, located right in the middle of the night market. This is also the highlight of Chang Chui night market with the message: “Nothing is too old to throw away”.
For those who are passionate about hip-hop fashion or artistic style, the clothing stores at Chang Chui night market seem to be suitable for you. The further you explore, the more well-designed restaurants and bars you will find. And, rest assured there are countless beautiful corners here for photos. In addition to traditional Thai dishes, Chang Chui night market is home to fancy restaurants, tea shops, and bars. Occasionally, it is the venue for live concerts on the weekends.
- Address: 462 Sirindhorn Rd, Bangkok
- How to get there: The drawback of this Bangkok night market is that the market is quite far from downtown and not near any BTS or MRT stations. The quick and convenient way to get to Chang Chui night market is by taxi or Grab.
- Hours: 5 – 11 PM
Artbox Container Night Market (#most famous night market in bangkok)
Artbox is a very cool pop-up night market in Bangkok. The booths at Artbox are all containers, so they are easy to move and also look exotic. Most of the time, Artbox does not have a fixed location, so when you pay a visit to Bangkok, check their Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Artboxthailand/) or Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/artbox_th/) to get updated on its latest location.
And just like the name Artbox, you will indeed find very artistic items here. Not having too many mass-manufactured goods like other night markets, Artbox Bangkok mainly focuses on designer products, and vintage, one-of-a-kind clothes and accessories. You can also find quite unique home decor items here. For those who like to track down rare and unique items, Artbox is an ideal destination.
After shopping, what do you do then? Artbox Bangkok has dozens of shops, ranging from restaurants to beer bars, all of which are established and designed with great taste. There are also a lot of extraordinary performances here. What’s better than getting a lot of tasty food, sipping a few beers, and chilling with your friends, right?
- Hours: 11 AM – 11 PM, Friday – Sunday
Bangkok Asiatique the Riverfront (#most famous night market in bangkok)
No need to introduce more about this already well-known Asiatique the Riverfront night market, right? Asiatique the Riverfront has long been endorsed by travelers when coming to Bangkok, and it is true that your trip will not be complete without stopping by Asiatique the Riverfront. Asiatique the Riverfront is located next to the beautiful Chao Phraya River.
This is a complex of dining, shopping, and entertainment. Asiatique the Riverfront is quite fancier than the usual night market because the whole area is really clean and tidy. Asiatique the Riverfront primarily consists of a series of restaurants serving international and Thai cuisines. Besides, there are also cute little shops offering many desserts that make you crave.
In terms of shopping, Asiatique the Riverfront offers a variety of fashion items, souvenirs, accessories, and jewelry. However, in my opinion, the prices here are quite higher than other night markets. It should be recommended that tourists choose quality souvenirs.
And, if you have the opportunity, don’t miss the opportunity to try the Ferris wheel at Asiatique the Riverfront. It takes about 30–45 minutes for this experience. Well worth a try. Another experience that everyone enjoys at Asiatique the Riverfront is probably walking along the banks of the Chao Phraya River. Quite romantic and relaxing.
- Address: 2194 Charoen Krung Rd, Khwaeng Wat Phraya Krai, Khet Bang Kho Laem
- How to get there: The easiest way is to take the BTS to Saphan Taksin Station, then take a free boat to Asiatique the Riverfront, which is 10 minutes away. Please note that the boat is only available until 11 pm.
- Hours: 4 PM – 12 AM
Siam Square Night Market
If you are exploring downtown Bangkok, don’t hesitate to visit the Siam Square outdoor market. This market is located next to Siam Square One shopping center, specifically at Siam Square Soi 5. Although it is not too large, only about one street long, Siam Square market also has many stalls from food to shopping.
Immediately gaining your attention are famous dishes such as mango sticky rice, pomegranate juice, guava, and grilled skewers. The clothing and accessories stalls here are also eye-catching. You will easily find that the quality of the goods here is of equal quality compared to individual stores. The price is quite affordable, around 100–150 baht (equivalent to USD 2.88 – 4.32). You will definitely pick up a couple of favorite items without being afraid of overspending your budget unlike when you are shopping in the mall.
- Address: Next to Siam Square One shopping mall. (Siam Square Soi 5)
The Khaosan neighborhood is the busiest spot in Bangkok at night. If you want to have fun through the night until the next morning, Khaosan is the perfect destination. The restaurants and bars here almost never turn off their lights and are always crowded.
Here, you will find Thai insect dishes and witness the surprised and suspicious attitude of Western tourists towards this dish. Along Khaosan Road is a constant huge crowd going in and out of bars with loud music. If the noisy atmosphere is not your cup of tea, you can choose to sit at the quiet shops at the end of the street for comfortable dining and chatting with friends.
In Khaosan, there are also quite a few foot massage services for your tired feet after walking all day long.
- How to get there: The easiest way is by taxi or Grab, and you can also try tuk-tuk. At night, traffic in Bangkok will be better, so it only takes about 20–30 minutes to travel to Khaosan from downtown.
When mentioning the night food market in Bangkok, it is impossible to miss out on Chinatown with its countless delicious dishes. For foodies, it is even more regrettable to miss out on Chinatown on your travel plan. Chinatown is where Chinese ethnic people reside in Bangkok, brightly lit at night with many food stalls.
As soon as you set foot in Chinatown, you can already sense the irresistible smell of deep-fried food. The most famous here must be seafood. Famous seafood restaurants like T&K or Lek and Rut are all quite good and worth a try. The dishes are diverse with shrimp, crab, squid, and oysters processed in all kinds of methods, but my favorite is fried oysters with egg.
Not only seafood, walking along the main Yaowarat Road, but you will also find many other dishes such as desserts with a variety of sweet serves and fruits, or typical Chinese dishes such as dumplings and tea ribs. In short, you will only leave happily as you feel full when coming to Chinatown in Bangkok.
- Address: Yaowarat Road, Bangkok
- How to get there: Since there is no BTS or MRT to Chinatown, the easiest way is by taxi, Grab, or tuk-tuk.
This is a guide to culinary and nightlife at Bangkok’s food streets and night markets. You may include as many options as you want in your schedule. Visiting these places, you can not only dine, drink, and shop but also have moments of relaxation. It is a regret not to experience the evening in Bangkok at food streets and night markets. Don’t forget to book flight tickets to Thailand and hotel rooms for your upcoming trip in advance.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Bangkok you can refer to
- Bangkok City & Temples Tour by Tour East
- Classic Bangkok Tour: Floating Market, Elephant Village, Asiatique, & More by AK Travel
- Bangkok Old City Half Day Tour
- Bangkok Landmarks Day Tour: Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Chao Phraya River & More
- Bangkok Sky Train (BTS) One Day Pass
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link (ARL) Ticket
- [Sale] Private Suvarnabhumi Airport Transfers (BKK) for Bangkok, Pattaya & More by Oriental Holiday
- Shared City Transfers between Bangkok and Pattaya by Oriental Holiday
- Private City Transfers from Pattaya to Bangkok, Hua Hin, Koh Samet & Koh Chang
- [SALE] BTS Skytrain Rabbit Card
- Chao Phraya Tourist Boat Bangkok Hop-On-Hop-Off Sightseeing Boat
- [SALE] Chao Phraya Princess Cruise
- Floating Markets Day Tour: Damnoen Saduak, Maeklong and Amphawa
- Safari World Bangkok Ticket
- Klook Pass Bangkok and Pattaya
- Bangkok Safari World Shared and Private Transfers Service Tour
- Bangkok BTS Skytrain Rabbit Card
- Mahanakhon SkyWalk Ticket in Bangkok
- Chao Phraya White Orchid Cruise in Bangkok
- Ancient City Bangkok and Erawan Museum Ticket
- Spa & Massage near Let’s Relax (Central World) in Chidlom
- Private City Transfers between Bangkok and Pattaya, Ayutthaya, Hua Hin & More by TTD
- Bangkok Day Tour: Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Bangkok travel guide and top things to do in Bangkok: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Bangkok travel blog — The fullest Bangkok travel guide blog for a budget trip to Bangkok (BKK).