Pray for love and health at Hozenji Yokocho
At the end of Dotonbori Street, you will encounter a small stone-paved alley in the old Osaka style, very charming, called Hozenji Yokocho. The origin of the name of this street comes from the temple named Hozenji worshiping Great Vow Bodhisattva (Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva). Here placed the famous sacred Mizukakefudo statue. If you come here, pouring water over the statue and wish, it would come true. Because many tourists and indigenous people come here to pray for love and health, so over time, the statue is covered with green moss.
- Top places to go in Osaka — 20+ top, must-see places & best places to visit in Osaka
- Osaka Kyoto itinerary blog — How to spend 2 days in Osaka and Kyoto perfectly?
- Cherry blossom Osaka 2023 forecast — 13 best places to see sakura in Osaka & best place to see cherry blossoms in Osaka
- Top budget hotels in Osaka — 7+ best budget hotels in Osaka & best places to stay in Osaka on a budget
- Osaka travel blog — The fullest Osaka travel guide for first-timers
Address: 2 Chome-7-21 Higashishinsaibashi, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0083, Japan
Visit the painting museum of Kamigata Ukiyoe
In addition to shopping, discovering food and playing, you should also experience some traditional culture of the Japanese people. At this museum, there are displays of Ukiyoe paintings born from the Edo period. Admire the Ukiyoe paintings and experiencing on how to make some Ukiyoe paintings to learn more interesting things about Japanese cultural history.
Address: 1 Chome-6-4 Nanba, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0076, Japan
Hours: 11AM–6PM / Monday: Closed
Phone: +81 6-6211-0303
Shopping in Shinsaibashi
After depositing the emotions at the Kamigata Painting Museum, you can spend the midday to the afternoon to wandering at the busy shopping street of Shinsaibashi. This is the largest shopping area in Osaka. There are many lovely fashion stores, grocery stores and cafés. Walking and shopping for souvenirs for relatives and friends here is a good idea.
Dotonbori itinerary: Night
Discover street food paradise of Dotonbori
When night falls, it is also the busiest time in Osaka, the bustling streets lights up, bright, sparkling. Dotonbori street food night market with hundreds of local specialty food stalls and full of aromatic awaits you to discover. No need to have a dinner, let’s spend your stomach to eat a lot of street delicacies here.
The nightlife in Osaka is extremely lively, vibrant, not to mention we are in the most playful neighborhood of Osaka, so why still worry and bored? Minami area has a lot of fun and special entertainment spots, you can walk on the street and watching the streets lights up, watching street music performances and experience boat sailing on the Dotonbori River. Or if you want an impressive night, there are a lot of bar, pub for you to choose, feel free to play but also remember to carefully protect yourself. Yayyyyy, enjoy your night.
I have shown you all the places to play and check-in in the top-rated neighborhood of Osaka. These locations are located close to each other and can be walked. The itinerary I arrange is also quite tight and must be constantly moved, depend on the actual situation you can re-arrange the schedule more suitable for you. And don’t forget to share your experiences with us. Have a lucky trip!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Osaka you can refer to
- Osaka Amazing Pass (Osaka Pick Up & HK/TW Delivery)
- OSAKA Unlimited Travel Pass (1 or 2 Days)
- Osaka Amazing Pass (HK/TW/ICN/Osaka Pick Up & MY Delivery)
- Kyoto-Osaka Sightseeing Pass (1 Day/2 Days, Kyoto Pick Up)
- JR West Kansai Pass (1, 2, 3 and 4 Day Rail Pass)
- Kyoto Day Tour from Osaka
- Kyoto Temples & Shrines Day Tour from Osaka: Fushimi Inari-taisha, Arashiyama, Kiyomizu-dera & More
- Osaka One-Day Walking Tour
- Private Kansai International Airport Transfers (KIX) for Osaka, Nara, & Kobe
- Limousine Bus Transfers between Kansai International Airport (KIX) and Osaka or Kyoto
- Private Kansai International Airport (KIX) Transfers for Osaka (Same Day Booking)
- Private Kansai Airport (KIX) Transfers to Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Uji, Kobe, or Arima
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (JP Airports Pick Up) for Japan
- 4G WiFi (Japan Pick Up) for Japan
- JR Pass for Whole Japan (7, 14, or 21 Days)
Are you looking for more Osaka travel guide and top things to do in Osaka: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Osaka itinerary 3 days — What to do in Osaka for 3 days? And Osaka full guide here.