- What to do in Insadong? — 11 what to see & top things to do in Insadong
- Where to stay in Itaewon? — 7 best hotels in Itaewon & five star hotels in Itaewon, Seoul
- Seoul cherry blossom 2023 forecast — 9 best places to see cherry blossoms in Seoul
- Where to stay in Seoul? — 15+ top hotels in Seoul & best hotels in Seoul
- Seoul travel blog — The fullest Seoul travel guide blog first-timers
Address: Ssamziegil Market, 44 Insadong-gil, Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Ssamziegil Shopping Complex
This is a beautifully decorated prominent shopping mall located in the heart of Insadong. The complex has about 70 stores with four floors, where you’ll find lots of handicrafts, traditional artwork, traditional Korean teapot, teacups, plates, postcards, furniture, souvenirs. In addition it also has a number of restaurants, cafes, tea shops for you to stop by.
Ssamziegil is the most prominent place in Insadong street. Located in the middle of Insadong Street, this is a 4-storey shopping center, built in 2004 but the design is still very impressive. Especially the spiral design, you will go from the bottom to the top without feeling that you have climbed 4 floors.
Address: Insa-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-736-0088
Shin Old Tea House
Shin Old Tea House is hidden in a small alley, away from the hustle and bustle of the main area. The shop is quite small and only has seating with low tables like a traditional Korean tea shop. The lighting is dim and offers a very relaxing atmosphere, while the tea menu here is quite varied and proud, there are some of the region’s great specialties.
Address: 166 Jongno 1(il).2(i).3(sam).4(sa), Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Beautiful Tea Museum
The Beautiful Tea Museum is a shop and a tea museum. It is located inside a hanok house, traditional Korean house type. The museum displays a variety of teas from China, Korea, Japan, Sri Lanka and India..
In addition, the ceramic artworks and tea ceremony history also appear here. Therefore, Korean tourists who love tea can enjoy tea and learn about this beautiful culture here.
Address: 19-11 Insadong-gil, Insa-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-735-6678
Alive Trick Eye Museum
Alive Museum is a place for you to take funny and unique pictures with countless of vivid 3D exhibits. The main idea is that you can insert yourself into artwork and create an optical illusion to make the images so they look like real. This is a great place to explore with lots of humor including Marilyn Monroe and Indiana Jones.
Alive Trick-eye Museum is an interesting place with funny images that fool your eyes. Here you will meet many funny pictures of the actors and celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe or Indiana Jones. This is also the location where the popular Korean reality show “Running Man” was filmed.
Address: 12, Insadong-gil, Jongno-gu | Daeil Bldg. B1F & B2F, Seoul 03163, South Korea
Hours: 9:00 AM – 8:30 PM
At the Insadong Tourist Information Center, you can try wearing a Hanbok for a soft price. Hanbok is a traditional Korean costume used from the Joseon era. They have a variety of colors and styles for men, women and children. Although these are Korean clothes worn throughout history, but each hanbok now costs up to $500!
Address: 62 Insadong-gil, Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-734-0222
Kyungin Museum of Fine Art
The Kyungin Museum of Fine Art was opened in 1983 and and is filled with Korean and international cultural, art atmosphere. There are 6 different exhibits in a year, along with permanent sculptures in the garden. If Insadong is a full of traditional place, Kyung-In is the place to reflect that tradition through its artwork and architecture during the Joseon Dynasty.
Address: 57-1 Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-733-4448
Walking around small alleys
Do not miss the small alleys in Insadong, maybe you will find yourself a good coffee shop or restaurant.
Drinking tea at Chatjip Teahouse – A shop listed on the Michelin Guide
Another Korean traditional tea shop in Insadong you can visit is Chatjip Teahouse, a teahouse recommended by the Michelin Guide.
Address: 33-1 Insadong-gil, Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-723-4909
Enjoy Korean BBQ
Korean BBQ places are a popular choice for dining in Korea. They not only serve delicious food but also a place to meet, chat and drink alcohol. Insadong is home to many such places. A famous restaurant in this area is Cha Iyagi, literally ‘tea story’. The interior looks like the inside of a hanok (a traditional Korean house) and the food here is delicious.
Address: 29-11 Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-735-8552
Experience the Royal meal
Along with Korean BBQ, the old town of Insadong also has some restaurants that serve royal Korean cuisine. The royal meal contains about twenty different delicacies of traditional Korean cuisine. JinJinBara is one of the few places that offers the best royal dining experience in Insadong that you should visit.
Address: JinJinBara, 149- Tower Building 8 2nd Floor, Jungro-gu, Cheongin-dong, Seoul, Korea,
Phone: +82 2-777-8004
Insadong is close to Gyeongbokgung palace, Bukchon Hanok village, Samcheongdong street, Cheonggyecheon stream, Dongdaemun shopping center … So you can make an itinerary to visit a series of these points in the day and visit Insadong market.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.