Ipoh – a small attractive city which is nearly 200 kilometers of Kuala Lumpur or three-hour drive. Many people are stranger to this ancient city but most tourists review that Ipoh was not only a destination tourism but also more ancient than Penang. So, where to go in Ipoh and what to do in Ipoh? Let’s check out our suggested top things to do in Ipoh, top Ipoh tourist attractions and top places to visit in Ipoh (Ipoh place to visit, best place to visit in Ipoh, ipoh tourist attraction, Ipoh place to visit) to find out the answer!
- Ipoh travel blog — The fullest Ipoh travel guide blog for a trip to Ipoh on a budget for the first-timers
- Lou Wong Ipoh — The best chicken rice in Ipoh town, Malaysia
- Must visit places in Penang — 19 top, must-go & best places to visit in Penang
- 2 days in Kuala Lumpur itinerary — How to spend 48 hours in KL & what to do in Kuala Lumpur for 2 days?
- Top beaches in Penang — 7+ most beautiful & best beaches in Penang
A perfect schedule for who are going to take a trip to Malaysia on the North-South highway is: Kuala Lumpur – Ipoh – Penang. Say goodbye to Kuala Lumpur – a busy and live city and hello to Ipoh – an ancient city with the peaceful rhythm of life. Let’s review and find out the answer with some special places as well as where and when to go in Ipoh.
Where to go in Ipoh? Lost World of Tambun
Lost World of Tambun is famous for theme park, hotel and hot springs in Ipoh. Moveover, Lost World of Tambun (Ipoh) together with Legoland (Johor Bahru) and Sunway Lagoon are top three the most magnificent theme parks in Malaysia.
Lost World of Tambun is located at a large land of Sunway city, Ipoh. A complex of water park, swimming pool with huge waves and slide. Also, there are a natural hot spring for who want to take a rest, a thrilling rolling coaster and Petting zoo which gathering variety of organism from all over the world.
Lost World of Tambun, Ipoh, opens daily from morning to midnight, so you definitely have lots of fun here all day and then in noon, enjoy yourself in hot spring parks and spa, including hotel and restaurants.
Some basic information about Lost World of Tambun in Ipoh:
Address: one, Persiaran Lagun Sunway, Sunway City, Ipoh, Negeri Perak, Malaysia.
- Theme Park: 11 a.m -18 p.m (from Monday to Friday); 10 a.m – 18 p.m (Saturday, Sunday, holidays); holidays except Tuesday.
- Hot spring and spa: 18 p.m – 23 p.m ( except Tuesday).
Entrance tickets: Free tickets for children who is under ninety-height. Adults can buy at this link for sale which is cheaper than buying in place.
Link to buy tickets here: Lost World of Tambun Ticket in Ipoh.
Top places to visit in Ipoh: Wandering at Red Lantern road – Concubine Lane.
Lorong Panglima street in Ipoh is known as Concubine Lane. Ipoh is one of the most concentrated Chinese places in Malaysia. This lantern road, Concubine Lane, is full of red color and view of ancient Chinese town. If you happen to come to Concubine Lane, the glow of the red lanterns will make it seems like you are in a red-light district. Also, you’ll see the colorful umbrellas strung up above the lane. Along two sides of the road are restaurants, fashion outlets and souvenir shops.
Walking at Concubine Lane in ancient views and enjoy Chinese food are unforgettable experiences for each visitor. Some delicious Chinese food you can’t miss here such as Hainan chicken rice, Chinese tofu, fish ball noodles,…. Besides, you can enjoy Chinese tofu at Concubine Lane Tau Fu Fa. Chinese tofu is far cry from Vietnamese tofu that it is more delicious and the affordable price is 3 MYR (about $ 0.74).
See more: Ipoh Private Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur.
Ipoh place to visit: Check-in at Kelie’s castle – Ipoh.
In spite of many mysterious stories, Kellie’s castle is still popular tourist attraction. It had been built for hundreds years, situated in a large land with a spacious landscape.
This castle was built and owned by a Scottish and it was considered as a gift for his wife. Kellie’s castle hasn’t been completed yet because of many mysterious stories. However, this place are still visited by a lot of tourists today, so don’t worry if you are first-visit Kellie’s castle!
Visit temples and pagodas in Ipoh.
One special thing about Ipoh is it is also famous for a variety of temples and pagodas inherent in caves and cliffs. Ipoh has many caves and limestone cliffs with a lot of spiritual temples. Such as Parak Tong, Sam Poh Tong, Kek Lok Tong temple.
Each temple has its own beauty. Parak Tong temple is located inside mysterious cave, holding huge holy Buddha. And Sam Poh Tong temple is hidden behind rocky mountains with a green landscape of flora.
- Perak Tong Cave Temple: Jalan Kuala Kangsar, Kawasan Perindustrian Tasek, Ipoh, Negeri Perak, Malaysia.
- Sam Poh Tong Temple: Kampung Gunung Rapat, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
- Kek Lok Tong Temple: Pesiaran Sepakat 3, TMN ENDAH JAYA, Ipoh, Negeri Perak, Malaysia.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Ipoh you can refer to
- Private City Transfers for Ipoh and Surrounding Cities
- Private City Transfer between Ipoh and Kuala Lumpur
- Ipoh Private Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur
- Lost World of Tambun Ticket in Ipoh with Round Trip Shared Transfer from Kuala Lumpur
- Ipoh Private Heritage Day Tour
- Gopeng and Kampar Private Day Tour from Ipoh
- Kuala Kangsar Private Tour from Ipoh
- Taiping and Orang Utan Island Day Tour from Ipoh
- KL TravelPass (Metro Card) in Kuala Lumpur
- [SALE] 4G Prepaid SIM Card (MY Airports Pick Up) for Malaysia
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for Malaysia
Are you looking for more Malaysia travel guide and top things to do in Malaysia: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Ipoh travel blog — The fullest Ipoh travel guide blog for a trip to Ipoh on a budget for the first-timers.