Taichung – Taiwan’s second biggest city – not only is a stopover to visit Sun Moon Lake, Cingjing Farm, and Alishan Mount but also has variety of tourism destinations you can’t miss. Why? I’ll tell you then. So, what to do and how to spend one day trip to Taichung from Taipei pefectly? Let’s check out our suggested Taichung itinerary 1 day from Taipei (Taichung one day itinerary, Taichung day trip from Taipei, Taichung one day trip) and Taichung day tour from Taipei (Taichung one day tour) on how to visit Taichung City and top must-visit places in Taiwan to find out the answer!
- Taichung one day itinerary — How to spend 1 day in Taichung from Taipei?
- Top night markets in Taiwan — 11 most famous, must-go & best night markets in Taiwan
- What to eat in Taichung? — 10+ must-eat, famous & best food in Taichung
- Rainbow Village Taichung blog — How to get & how to visit the most colorful village in Taichung, Taiwan
- Lukang Taichung blog — Explore the ancient beauty of Lukang Old Street & Molu Lane in Taichung
At first, we caught HSR train from Taipei to Taichung. However, we couldn’t stop falling for the milk tea in Taipei, so we didn’t wanna overnight in Taichung. And then Taichung Exploring Day Tour, solving our problem, helped us have a wonderful day in Taichung.
One day trip to Taichung from Taipei: Taichung is on the way.
After breakfast, at 9:50 a.m, we had already been in Taipei Main Station East Exit 1 and met the tour-guide along with other visitors. In order to get the right way, you should start early a bit about 20 – 30 minute and always have 4G SIM or portable wifi devices.
Some sticking points for you:
- If the day tour coincide with the check-out day (at the hotel), you can bring along your baggage and put in the baggage storage of the bus. The time you return to Taipei is at night, so you can go to the airport or your new stay right after that which is more time-saving than coming back to old room and getting your baggage again.
- Should take along a power bank because there aren’t any sockets in the bus. It takes 2 – 3 hours to go from Taipei to Taichung by train. That why it is tedious if your phone or laptop runs out of battery, so just pass out until your train come to Taichung.
Taichung day trip from Taipei: National Taichung Theater
Is one of the most magnificent building tin Taichung city, dedicated in 2014 and designed by a brilliant Japanese – Toyo Ito. Highlights of the building are “the soft curves” that create unique external architecture.
This building has six floors include the downstairs which is the tickets office, arts and handicrafts. The following upstairs in turn are shopping malls, Grand Theater, Play House and Rehearsal Room. Especially, you can get onto the top floor by elevator to take a look at The Sky Garden with colorful flora.
Address: No. 101, Section 2, Huilai Road, Xitun District, Taichung City, Taiwan 40756
Phone: +886 4 2251 1777
Taichung itinerary 1 day: Park Lane Shopping Mall by CMP
This next stop is one of the most famous center malls in Taichung, people are easy-going and have lunch in place. If you aren’t a fashionista, you can explore by yourself some streets nearby and have a lunch at the local stall.
A good new for who are the milk tea followers is a lot of milk tea stalls are available here.
Address: No. 68, Gongyi Road, West District, Taichung City, Taiwan 403
Phone: +886 4 2328 1000
Taichung one day itinerary: Miyahara Building.
Miyahara Building had been one of the biggest hospitals in Taichung since the Japan Era. Today, it is considered as one of the most famous place selling ice-cream. Besides that, they also sell types of tea, cakes, candies, chocolates and other souvenirs. Especially, their packing is not only beautiful but also professional. Taking a walk in Miyahara Building, you will be surprised at its fancy and magnificence adding with the ancient style and giant bookshelves which can be said that it is familiar with Hogwarts castle in Harry Potter.
Ice-cream counters are in the front of the entrance but it is too difficult to get in line because of the crowded people. And another the thing you should know that it is 300 TWD (about $0.03) for a cup of ice-cream equivalent to six mugs of milk tea in Taichung. So try or not, it’s up to you.
Address: No. 20, Zhongshan Road, Central District, Taichung City, Taiwan 400
Phone: +886 4 2227 1927
Taichung one day trip: Rainbow Village
At last, the most expected place is here. Our team got car sick nut when the name of the Rainbow Village was called, immediately, our spirit became stronger and more powerful again.
This Rainbow Village used to be military houses. But Mr Huang, with his clever brushstrokes, created colorful building with a variety of lovely pictures.
- Travel once but engraved forever. Therefore, don’t forget to check-in with these lovely pictures in Rainbow Village.
- Taking advantage of good weather, you should take photos as much as you can.
Address: 408, Taiwan, Taichung City, Nantun District, 春安路56巷25號
Phone: +886 4 2380 2351
Taichung day tour from Taipei: Gaomei Wetlands
Finally, the last stop of Taichung Exploring Day tour is Gaomei Wetlands – one of the most impressive destinations on me with the view of wonderful sunset. It is said that its sunset is a fantastic masterpiece which means it is must-see scenery you can’t miss in Gaomei Wetlands of Taichung.
Gaomei Wetlands is located at Taichung’s seaport. According to the tour-guide, Gaomei Wetlands used to be a wind power production for Taiwan. Today, it becomes nature reserve of all kinds of precious birds as well as a famous tourism destination in Taichung.
The perfect time to watch the beautiful sunset is at twilight (You can search Google in advance in order to know exactly the time the sunset happened). Imaging the scenery when watching the splendid moment of the sunset into the sea, hand by hand with beloved, how sweet it is!
If you are wondering you can get to Gaomei Wetlands on time or not. Don’t worry! The tour-guide will change the schedule if it is necessary.
Location: Qingshui, Taichung, Taiwan
Take a note to keep in mind:
Never bring hat along if you don’t wanna lose it. A lot of hats were blown into the wetlands thanks to the strong wind here.
One day trip to Taichung from Taipei: Coming back Taipei
Finishing the tour, we got on the train coming back Taipei. We arrived at the city center at 9:30 p.m and then, the tour-guide asked us if we wanted to get off the train at Ximending walking street or Taipei Main Station. For us, we loved “rocking” so we chose to come down at Ximending Street and went to town on shopping, eating and drink until midnight. After all, we finally finished Taichung Exploring One day Tour with the album of 300 pictures reaching KPI. What an experienced tour!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taichung you can refer to
- Gaomei Wetland & Rainbow Military Community
- THSR One Way Ticket to or from Taichung
- Taiwan 4G travel sim with unlimited capacity
- Day tour to visit Cingjing Farm from Taichung
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you looking for more top things to do in Taichung: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Taichung blog — The fullest Taichung travel guide for a wonderful budget trip to Taichung, Taiwan.