Korea is beautiful in every season, all year round. It’s the truth not controversial. But believe me, if you travel to South Korea in the winter, you will definitely have unforgettable experiences because the Korean winter is exceptionally beautiful. Coming to Korea in winter, you will be able to see the snow covered with white streets like in the Korean movies and countless special winter festivals waiting for you to explore. So, are you looking for some best South Korea winter festivals? Let’s check out our suggested Korea winter festival 2019 with top 3 winter festival in Korea you definitely must attend once in your lifetime below.
- Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort Review — Review a ski day in Gangwon, super cool, extremely value for money
- Korea winter travel blog — Some useful tips, top things to do & best places to travel in Korea in winter
- Skiing in South Korea — Top 5 best ski resorts in Korea
- Korea’s best islands — 7 best islands in Korea & most famous island in South Korea
- Seoul cherry blossom 2023 forecast — 9 best places to see cherry blossoms in Seoul
Winter festival in Korea: Viva Ski Festival 2019
This festival is held at the high-class ski resort of Vivaldi Park, which is the filming location of the famous Winter Sonata movie. The festival will host an extremely challenging competition, when participating in the competition, you will have to go through a race of 13 long ramps in Vivaldi Park to find the bravest and most professional skiers in the festival of this year. Besides, there are many interesting games such as snowmobiling, snow rafting, snow tubing, … You can freely experience the activities in the snow extremely interesting. Do not forget to take lots of photos and share with friends on social networks. Buy a 4G tourist sim card or rent a pocket wifi transmitter so you can check-in Korea at anytime, anywhere.
Period: Session 3: Jan. 13(Sun) ~ Jan. 15(Tue), 2019 / Session 4: Jan. 27(Sun) ~ Jan. 29(Tue), 2019 (The festival schedule is subject to change).
Venue: 262 Hanchigol-gil, Seo-myeon, Hongcheon-gun, Gangwon-do, South Korea
Inquiries: Vivaldi Park +82-1588-4888
When you book a tour to join the festival through Klook, you will be provided with a full set of skiing equipment, a dedicated guide to teach, just study hard for more than 1 hour, you can already ski on your skiboarding. So cool!
- Buy 4G tourist sim: Prepaid SIM Card/4G Data SIM Card (KR Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data).
- Rent a pocket wifi transmitter: [SALE] 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from KT Olleh.
- Book tour to join the ski festival: 3D2N VIVA Ski Festival 2019 in Daemyung Vivaldi Park Ski World from Seoul.
Korea winter festival 2019: Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival (Hwacheon-gun)
This is an ice fishing festival in Hwacheon Sancheoneo stream in Gangwon Province. This festival is one of Korea’s “seven winter wonders”, so it attracts a lot of participants from indigenous people to foreign visitors, so make sure to book in advance to ensure have a ticket. When you buy a ticket to attend the festival, you will be given a set of “tools” including items such as fishing rods, buckets of fish, bait, … Our job is to find a hole that has been drilled on the glacier surface to drop the fishing rods and wait for the trout to bite. With the trout that have just caught we can bring to the processing area of the organizers to have them bake foil and enjoy immediately. In addition to fishing on the glacier, there are other games such as skiing, making snow sculptures, … also equally interesting so do not be afraid of lack of games.
Period: January 4–26, 2020
Venue: 137, Sancheoneo-gil, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do
Guaranteed reservation for the festival here: Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival Tour from Seoul.
South Korea winter festivals: Taebaeksan Mountain Snow Festival
The Taebaeksan Mountain Snow Festival takes place in Gangwon Province with a series of unique events throughout the festival such as art performances, centers that display exquisite snow sculptures as well as outdoor activities like skiing or climbing to see the beautiful Taebaeksan mountain covered in white snow at the dawn.
Period: January 10-19, 2020
Venued: 162, Cheonjedan-gil, Taebaek-si, Gangwon-do
There are countless special festivals and experiences you can take part in when you go to Korea in the winter. Do not be afraid of the cold winter, but skip the trip to Korea. Traveling to Korea in the winter is a very rewarding experience to try. Please share with Living Nomads your memories and experiences in Korea in winter. See you in the jubilant winter in Korea.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Seoul travel guide and top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Seoul itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Seoul & what to do in Seoul for 5 days perfectly?