Otherwise, try a BBQ-style meal at Seoul Hongdae Yesnaljib restaurant after visiting Hongdae for about $10.77.
- Gogung Bibimbap Insadong review — Tasting the famous Bibimbap mixed rice at Gogung Insadong restaurant
- Seoul itinerary 6 days — How to spend 6 days in Seoul on a budget perfectly?
- Explore Ikseon Dong Seoul — Visit Ikseon Dong Hanok Village & Top 9 things to do in ikseon dong
- How to get to Nami island from Seoul? — How to go & how to travel to Nami island from Myeongdong?
- Noryangjin Fish Market blog — Explore Noryangjin market & tasting King Crab at the largest fish market in Seoul
Visit unique cafes in Hongdae
Thanks Nature Cafe
Address: 486 Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
Near subway station: Hongik University (exit 9)
Opening hours: 11 A.M – 10 P.M.
The shop is not only a normal cafe: the shop owns two sheep and a very cute hybrid dog. Their fur is really soft, and you can feel their excitement and warm welcoming. The specialty dish of the restaurant is waffle and latte art coffee, which are awesome.
And if you are a fan of pink and Hello Kitty, definitely can’t miss the following cafe:
Address: 364-14 Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
Travel by subway: Hongik University (exit 9)
Opening hours: 10 A.M – 12 P.M.
Located right next to Hongdae’s main shopping street, you can see a beautiful pink Hello Kitty cafe and everything is literally pink. The store’s pastries are also designed in the main tone of pink and Hello Kitty.
Experience the bar in Hongdae
When referring to Korea beside Kpop culture, Korean drinking culture cannot be disregarded. It would be a shame to have been in Hongdae, visiting Hongdae but not going to the bar. Let’s drop by OK Pong Pong bar.
Address: 65 Wausan-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul 04049, Korea
Opening hours: 6 P.M – 2 A.M.
The bar is not too crowded or loud, instead, very polite but it does not mean boring. The music here is good, everyone can socialize with people at other tables but if I do not like it and refuse, then they are very polite and move to another table. One important thing is that the beer here is quite good and it’s a perfect place to enjoy your time in Hongdae.
And a reminder for you: Hongdae on the weekend is bustling, a playground for the youth that is full of dancing, singing and these activities are free. Dance covers of the latest hits of Korean idols are available on Hongdae night streets. Also, you can catch the real Idols here when they are filming reality shows. What are you waiting for to discover the distinguished Hongdae Area?
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.