- Kuala Lumpur 1 day itinerary — How to spend one day in KL & what to do in Kuala Lumpur in 1 day?
- Kuala Lumpur 1 day itinerary — How to spend a day trip in Kuala Lumpur?
- Kuala Lumpur travel blog — The fullest KL guide for first-timers
- Ipoh travel blog — The fullest Ipoh travel guide blog for a trip to Ipoh on a budget for the first-timers
- Kota Kinabalu travel blog — The fullest Kota Kinabalu travel guide blog for a great trip for the first-timers
From Brickfields Little India, take a walk and view the street to the nearest train station and move to Chinatown (Petaling Street). Or use Grab service if you want faster.
Location: Jalan Petaling, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur itinerary for 1 day — Destination 4: Central Market
After a full load of energy with so many delicious foods in Chinatown, let’s strolling for a few minutes, you will come to another heaven shopping place, at first the glance it will look like Ben Thanh Market in Vietnam but much more modern because the inside of the market will have machines to guide and air conditioning too. In this market, you can buy everything from clothes, souvenirs to snacks. Especially the booths will be divided into 3 distinct areas: Malay, Indian or Chinese for you to choose depending on your preference.
Walk from Chinatown for about 5 minutes.
Central Market Kuala Lumpur
Address: Jalan Hang Kasturi, City Centre, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +60 1-300-22-8688
Kuala Lumpur in a day — Destination 5: Merdeka Square
Merdeka Square is where the first Prime Minister of Malaysia read the independence declaration on August 31, 1957, which is also home to Sultan Abdul Samad Building and City Gallery with the legendary I LOVE KL symbol. Here you can learn about history or take photos to check in again.
From Central Market main gate, go through the flea market to Merdeka Square.
Location: Jalan Raja, City Centre, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hours: Open 24 hours
24 hours in Kuala Lumpur — Destination 6: KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Centre)
Before it is dark, quickly catch the train to the KLCC area to take a picture with the legendary Petronas Twin Towers. According to the experience of a virtual living person like me, you should go to early or close to 6pm, because the sky is still a bit bright and the towers will be light up. After virtual living, you can visit the most luxurious shopping mall in the city of Kuala Lumpur – Suria KLCC, or visit KLCC aquarium to admire more than 5000 interesting aquatic species.
From Merdeka Square, catch the train straight to KLCC.
Kuala Lumpur itinerary for 1 day — Destination 7: Bukit Bintang
This place is considered as the backpacker street of Malaysia because there are many entertainment activities at every night, very crowded and bustling. To feel the nightlife of Kualar Lumpur, come here is a wise choice, you can dine or visit bars and pubs located right on the street to get drunk with friends. In addition, the notorious fine dining street Jalan Alor is located right there as a paradise for souls who love to eat with a variety of dishes from Western to Asian, including Vietnamese dishes for us too.
Because the distance is quite close, you can catch a Grab for faster.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to from Kuala Lumpur you can refer to
- Private Airport Transfers (KLIA/KLIA2) for Kuala Lumpur
- Shared Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Transfers for Kuala Lumpur
- Premium Private Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Transfers
- Private Transfer between Genting Highlands and Kuala Lumpur Airport (KLIA/KLIA2)
- Shared Bus Transfers between Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 and KL Sentral by AeroBus
- Kuala Lumpur Half Day City Tour
- KL Pass in Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur City Full Day Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Suburbs and Batu Caves
- Kuala Lumpur Food Experience
- KL Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Pass (24/48 Hours)
- Genting Highlands Day Trip
- KL TravelPass (Metro Card) in Kuala Lumpur
- [SALE] 4G Prepaid SIM Card (MY Airports Pick Up) for Malaysia
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for Malaysia
- KLIA Ekspres Airport Train Tickets (QR Code Direct Entry)
Are you looking for more Kuala Lumpur travel guide and top things to do in Kuala Lumpur: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Kuala Lumpur blog (KL blog) — The fullest guide for a budget trip to Kuala Lumpur And Kuala Lumpur 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Kuala Lumpur?