Travelling to Grand View Resort Beitou is really easy, just follow the below instruction:
- Volando Urai Hot Spring review — The fullest review hot spring bath at Volando Urai Hot Spring Resort & Spa in Taipei
- Taipei itinerary 4 days — How to spend 4 days in Taipei & what to do in Taipei for 4 days perfectly?
- Best coffee in Taipei — Top 6 best coffee shops in Taipei you definitely must visit
- Taipei night market food — Top 18 best Taipei street food night market you should try
- What to do in Taipei at night — Top 8 best things to do in Taipei at night you definitely to try
Step 1: Take the MRT to MRT Beitou Station.
Step 2: Get off the train, turn right at the Exit to the Sushi Express.
Step 3: Take a look outside, you’ll see 2 bus stops and wait at this one. Every 30 minutes, there is a resort transit shuttle bus coming to pick up the guests between 10 A.M. and 10 P.M.
Shuttle bus of Grand View Resort Beitou looks like this, with the sign read Grand View Resort. Remember to pay attention to the shuttle bus name because other resorts also pick up guests at the same place. Be careful not to take the wrong one.
Then, get on the shuttle and enjoy a 10-minute ride. Grand View Resort is located at a corner of a quiet hill, which is really cool and peaceful, and opposite to a beautiful evergreen forest. Getting inside, there is a cozy lobby with a view of a lake and looking a little further to a mound on the other side. Super impressive!
Grand View Resort Beitou Hot Spring review: How to purchase the hot spring voucher in advance?
Grand View offers 2 types of service: hotel room and hot spring bath, both are ranked at 5-star quality.
Usually, you’ll need to make a reservation even if staying over night or just taking hot spring bath. However, if staying here overnight, you should take a look at the price since it is a little costly for budget travellers:
Room reservation for overnight stay
The lowest is 15,000TWD/night and highest is 40,000TWD/night. It is worth it to mention that the hotel room here is really fancy and there is a hot spring bath in each room at your disposal. Book your room here, including afternoon tea, dinner, breakfast and other amenities at the resort.
Hot spring bath reservation hourly for daytime guests:
+ Public hot spring: From 1,600TWD/person to 1,800TWD/person. Hot spring temperature ranges from 39 to 43 degree Celsius and it is divided into small bathing areas based on water temperature. The room is large, clean and equipped with hair dryer, dressing room, restroom, and drinks cabinet serving coffee and refreshers. Each guest receives a set of shower gel and other compliments. One thing to be aware of is public hot spring requires everyone to be naked including you.
+ Private hot spring – For 2 people, serving afternoon tea and pastries in English aristocratic style: This service is highly preferred thanks to its privacy and comfort. A standard room is about 15 square meters and equipped with a restroom and shower. There is also a couch for rest as well as other amenities. Especially, the bathtub is located separately in the backyard behind the room, which is designed following Japanese architecture, so it gives a really cool and elegant feeling.
You can upgrade up to 4 people per room for an extra charge of 600TWD/person, tea and pastry set not included.
Book you private room and English style tea set here.
After completing your reservation following the above link, you’ll receive a confirmation letter in your email inbox. You just need to save it to your cell phone and bring your passport with you when arriving at Grand View Resort Beitou.
Grand View Resort Beitou review: Experience hot spring bath at Grand View Resort Beitou – Private room and afternoon tea set:
When arriving at the resort, after telling the staff your reservation details, you’ll be instructed to the B1 floor for your private bath check-in. You just need to present your passport for crosscheck and since the room is well prepared, everything should be quick and easy. The receptionist is really friendly and good at English who will take you to your room and guide you through things. Special welcome gift after the greetings and instruction is 2 delicious passion fruit puddings like the photo below.
You’ll see this view when entering the room.
On the table, there is a tray of bathing accessories. One thing to notice is that there is an empty glass bottle, which is used to keep your jewelries because there are a lot of minerals in the water that can make metals stained, so you should not wear any jewelries in bath. Remember to put them back on after bathing.
Then, you should head outside to the yard and take a look around. At the corner of the yard, there are a water faucet and a wooden chair where you can sit to cleanse yourself before coming into the bathtub.
And here is the bathtub with 2 faucets: the white one is the hot spring water with the temperature always stays at 55 degree Celsius and another one is the cool water to keep your bath water neutral and usable. Always turn both of them on to avoid burning your skin.
Do not leave the water level going too high because you’ll feel hard to breath if staying deep in the hot water.
First, put your feet into the water to get familiar with the hot temperature, and then slowly lower your body to enter the tub. Keep your hair away from the mineral water, especially anyone who has dyed hair because it can make your hair color damaged and faded.
As long as the water touches you, you’ll feel relieved and comfortable. Your body, exhausted from a long day of travel, will now gently flow and relax. There is nothing better than coming here to enjoy yourself in the warm water during November or December when the weather is a little cold.
Bathing for about 10-15 minutes, you should take a short break. This is when you can enjoy your passion fruit pudding. If still not satisfied, you can take a second round of bath, but remember don’t take it too long since it is not good for your health.
This experience can last for 90 minutes, but in fact 30 minutes for bathing is enough. After that, you should take your time to shower and chill out on the couch.
When there is 15 minutes left before the time to check out, the staff will make a call to remind you. This is time to get ready and move to the restaurant on the 1st floor for afternoon tea. You should give your voucher to the staff at the restaurant so that they can prepare your afternoon tea set.
There are 2 areas in the restaurant, the air-conditioned area and outdoor area for a view of the lake and the mountain. Our recommendation is to take a seat in the outdoor area for better view and atmosphere. One voucher offers 2 orders of hot tea (or other alternative of refreshers), 2 orders of pastries and fruits.
The tea is really flavorful and tasty. The pastries are decent. The lower level is an order of salad, a pumpkin pie with ham and scallops, and a sandwich. The pumpkin pie tastes kind of strange. Macaroon is a little too sweet. The other snacks are okay, especially the tiny chocolate velvet served with flavorful wine dipping on top.
Time for afternoon tea is about 90 minutes. Eating and chatting will take around 30 minutes. The rest of the time can be spent for chilling and admiring the mountain from afar for a wonderful photo pose.
The time we spent here lasts from 1:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. Feeling satisfied, we return to the lobby, reserve the shuttle with the staff and wait for the bus to come and pick us up. It is the exact same shuttle bus like before and it takes us back to Beitou Station where we take the MRT back to downtown Taipei.
Our story of hot spring bath at 5-star Grand View Resort Beitou has ended. Now what are you waiting for? Book your dream trip to experience hot spring bath here and head directly to Beitou.
Grand View Resort Beitou (北投麗禧溫泉酒店)
Address: No. 30號, Youya Road, Beitou District, Taipei City, Taiwan 112 (台北市北投區幽雅路30號)
Tel: (02) 2898-8888
Getting there: Shuttle bus service available from/to MRT Xinbeitou Station
- Taipei blog — The fullest Taipei travel guide blog for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.
- Yilan blog — The fullest Yilan travel guide for a budget trip from Taipei to Yilan, Taiwan.
- Visit Shiding Thousand Island Lake Taiwan — Explore the beautiful scenery of Taipei in one day.
- Must do in Taipei — Top 12 best places to visit & best things to do in Taipei.
- Visit Din Tai Fung Taipei Original (Din Tai Fung Xinyi) — Tasting the best dimsum at the best dimsum restaurant in the world.
- Taipei Kaohsiung itinerary — How to travel from Taipei to Kaohsiung?
- Day trips out of Taipei — Top 8 best day trips from Taipei you definitely should not miss.
- Taipei cafe — 5 most famous & best cafes in Taipei you must visit.
- Best cafe in Taipei — 7 most beautiful themed cafes in Taipei you must-visit.
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — What to do in Taipei for 3 days?
- Taiwan food blog: Taiwan must eat — Top 9 best foods you have to try in Taiwan.
- Taiwan street food blog — Top 10 Taiwan street foods you must-eat.
- Taiwan food trip — 24 hour culinary experience in Taiwan.
- Things to know before going to Taiwan — Top 15 best things to know before visiting Taiwan you have to know.
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei.
- Explore Taipei Fish Market — Review seafood experience at Taiwan’s most famous fish market.
- What to do in Taipei at night — Top 8 best things to do in Taipei at night you definitely to try.
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out at here.