Jhihben – Taitung
- Wulai travel blog — How to explore the peaceful Wulai in 1 day trip (Wulai day trip) of New Taipei
- Volando Urai Hot Spring review — The fullest review hot spring bath at Volando Urai Hot Spring Resort & Spa in Taipei
- Experience Siloam Jjimjilbang Seoul — Review one of the best Korean Jjimjilbang at Siloam Sauna, Seoul
- Grand View Resort Beitou blog — Review: Hot spring bath at Grand View Resort Beitou, Taipei
- Taipei night market food — Top 18 best Taipei street food night market you should try
Located in southeastern Taiwan, from the time of Japanese colonialism, Jhihben was famous and attracted many locals as well as foreigners to the hot springs. There are still bathrooms and outdoor baths with Japanese architecture. Jhihben also has picturesque natural scenery, dubbed the “Butterfly Valley” with a variety of butterflies that once resided there.
- Address: Beinan town, Taitung, Taiwan
- How to get there: Take Dingdong Bus (鼎東客運) from Taitung City (台東市) to Inner Jhihben Hot Spring area (內溫泉) -> Jhihben Hot Spring (知本溫泉)
Guguan – Taichung
Guguan is located in Bo’ai, Taichung next to the beautiful Daijia River. This is the crossing point of the western and eastern Taiwan Highway. The Guguan hot springs are also well known from the Japanese occupation of Taiwan, the Japanese have built much of the infrastructure for tourism development.
There is a variety of relaxation options, such as bathing, camping or fishing. Keep in mind that this place is an attractive spot to see cherry flowers in spring!
- Address: Bo’ai village, Heping District, Taichung.
- How to get there: From Taichung: Fengyuan Railway Station → Take the bus from Fengyuan (bound for Guguan) to Guguan Station
Sichongxi – Kenting
Sichongxi Hot Spring is located in Checheng Mountain, Hechung Township, Pitung Province in southern Taiwan. Hot water is provided from the minerals in the hills of Shimu Mountain which are good for the skin and the blood circulation.
Apart from bathing in the hot springs, remember to enjoy all the specialties such as egg yolks and dishes made from fresh river fish and vegetables.
- Address: Wenquan Rd., Checheng Town
- How to get there: From Pingtung Railway Station, take the Pingtung Bus to the Hengchun’s direction to get to Checheng.
Yangmingshan Hot Springs
Yangmingshan is famous as Taiwan’s large national park, where spring comes with cherry blossom, autumn with yellow leaves, flowers blooming during the year. Apart from the marvelous scenery, Yangmingshan also has hot springs that worth to try.
This hot spring is located in the luxurious Tien Lai resort in Yangmingshan, soaking in the warm waters, enjoying Yangmingshan ‘s splendid 4 seasons natural scenery. The bathrooms here (usually for 2 people) are very private.
How to get there: Book through KKday to get free shuttle bus service at 10:00 and 13:00 every day from Kuo-Kuang Motor Transport Station, 87, Zhongshan Road, Jinshan District, New Taipei City.
Notes on hot spring baths
- Before bathing, bathe and warm up your body. Then slowly sprinkle mineral water on the body to gradually adapt to the temperature.
- Firstly, use your leg to test the water temperature and then soak the body in water slowly.
- You should only be soaked in water for 3-10 minutes at the first time, then rest for a while before continue bathing in the water. Every soaking should not exceed 15 minutes.
- When leaving the hot springs, stand up slowly to avoid dizziness. After a soak, take a rest about 30 minutes and drink water to supply water for the body.
- After soaking into the hot mineral water, the mineral water in the skin will gradually be absorbed into the body, so you just use a light towel.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.