Exploring the most beautiful sheep farm in Gangwon, Korea. Referring to Korea, most tourists and everyone have heard about Jeju, Nami or Seoul, but this time, there is a very special place in Pyeongchang District, Gangwon Province. Come and share with us so that people will not miss this amazing destination in the upcoming Korean schedule. We are proud to introduce … Deagwallyeong’s Sheep Farm (Daegwallyeong Sheep Farm, Daegwallyeong Sheep Ranch) is the most beautiful, romantic and unique sheep farm in Korea.
- South Korea itinerary 10 days — How to spend 10 days in South Korea perfectly?
- Busan itinerary 4 days (Busan 4D3N itinerary) — How to spend 4 days in Busan perfectly?
- Korean must eat food — Top 14 food you must eat in South Korea
- Best shopping in Seoul — Top 10 best shopping places in Seoul & best underground shopping Seoul
- Top Seoul night market — Top 5 best night market in Seoul, South Korea
Getting to Daegwallyeong: How to get from Seoul to Daegwallyeong Sheep Farm
Moving by public transport
It is not easy to get to Deagwwallyeong by public transportation but it is not too difficult, as it is just 3 hours drive from Seoul.
+ From the East – Seoul Bus Station near Gangbyeon Station (on subway line 2) take the bus to Hoenggye.
+ From Hoenggye, take a taxi to the sheep farm Daegwallyeong Yangtte Mokjang. Taxi price here is quite expensive, you can check maps to estimate the road distance and pay the best price, and unfortunately, to come here you can only take a taxi, no bus to enter.
Deagwallyeong Farm Address: 483-32, Daegwallyeongmaru-gil, Daegwannyeong-myeon, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
Opening Hours & Ticket Prices
Opening hours: Daegwallyeong Sheep Farm is open from 9 am to 5 pm (from May to August, open until 18h) for visitors.
+ The adult is 3.7 dollars & children is about 3 dollars. Older adults from 65 years old and younger under 5 years old are about 1.8 dollars. In Korea, the elderly, children and pregnant women are always very clear priorities.
+ Group of 20 or more people: the price is reduced by 0.5 dollars, the rest is 3.25 dollars/person.
Things to see and do at the Daegwallyeong Sheep Farm in Gangwon, Korea
Deagwwallyeong sheep farm has an area of 195 square kilometers with green hills, where you can feed the sheep and play with them, the sheep are very friendly.
It takes about 40 minutes to walk around the farm on a 1.2 km long road for visitors.
On the weekend, Koreans often visit here, picnic so it should be quite crowded.
The signboards on the way, actually you don’t need to understand what is written by the Korean language, go all the way and then return.
Come to the Daegwallyeong sheep farm in the fall, you will be able to see the majestic Red Leaf Hill, the day we arrived is a very beautiful October day, a perfect day with grass and blue sky.
When you go to the sheep farm from March to May, you can see the sheep which the ooze is cut, but I like watching them fatty like this.
It was only surprised when I saw the sheep in Deagwwallyeong that I had never seen a real sheep.
The rest stop is also very romantic for visitors, you can bring food for lunch or picnic when you come here.
There is a separate area for feeding the sheep, and after giving the ticket, a small basket of food will be exchanged, so you can feed the sheep and play with them before coming back home.
After visiting the farm, we went outside, there was much food for visitors, including grilled lamb (4.7 dollars/skewers). But how can you eat after stroking and playing with them, so just ignore it? Gangwon Province also has another specialty is steamed corn (boiled corn), you should try it.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.