As you know, South Korea Railplus Transport card when traveling South Korea will be extremely convenient. This card allows you to comfortably travel on trains, buses … and even shopping at the stores. Where are the convenient cards? Let’s discover the benifits and tips of Railplus card to travel around Korea with South Korea Railplus Transport (also known as railplus korail, railplus korea, railplus card korea) from what is Railplus card, where to buy, guides, etc … to tips on how to use with Living Nomads below.
- How to get to Nami island from Seoul? — How to go & how to travel to Nami island from Myeongdong?
- How to get around Seoul — 5 cheapest, easiest & best way to get around Seoul & from Seoul
- Korail Pass — What is Korail Pass, how to buy Korail Pass & how to use Korail Pass for KTX, ITX and Airport Express
- What to do in Seoul in winter? — 9+ best things to do in Seoul in winter & in Korea in winter
- Korea winter travel blog — Some useful tips, top things to do & best places to travel in Korea in winter
Introducing about South Korea Railplus Transport Card (Railplus Card)
Korea is a very developed country for public transport and is one of the most convenient ways to easily visit and explore this beautiful country.
Here, the government also offers some kinds of card services for foreign tourists to visit. For example The KR Pass, Discovery Seoul card … Among them, South Korea Railplus Transport (Railplus Korail) card is considered the most convenient card.
When using South Korea Railplus Transport (Railplus Card), you can travel by train, bus or metro, and expressways without cash. In addition, you can also use the card to shop at the store or pay the parking fee.
South Korea Railplus Transport (Railplus Card) is available in major cities such as Seoul, Gyeonggi-do or Busan, Chungcheong-do and Honam (Daejeon-Mokpo).
The convenience of South Korea Railplus Transport Card (Railplus Korea)
- You will go simply and easily in Korea
- Payment is more convenient when using this card at convenience stores and parking
- Cards are available for adults or teens and children, with more incentives.
- Pick up and use the card conveniently at Incheon Airport when you arrive in Korea.
Where to buy Railplus card? The way to buy South Korea Railplus Transport (Railplus Card Korea)
To buy a multifunction card, there are many different ways. You can go to the official website of the card issuer to buy. However, South Korea Railplus Transport (Railplus Korea) will only be convenient if you know foreign languages, at least in English or Korean. Click here to buy.
The fastest and most convenient way is to book Korea Railplus Transport Card via services like Klook, I find it very fast and efficient. Link to book here.
Some tips (notes) when using South Korea Railplus Transport card (Railplus Korea)
- The Card is not available money and you must recharge before use
- You can only pick up the card at the selected time and date, so pick up the date when you order
- The card will activate when you first use the card
- Adult cards are 19 years of age or older
- Youth Card: 13 to 19 years old
- Children’s Cards: 6 to 12 years old
- In particular, adolescents and children cards will automatically become adult cards after 10 days of use.
The South Korea Railplus Transport Card Rates (Railplus Korail Rates)
Adult Price: 1,200 Won (About 1 dollar)
Youth Card Price: 720 Won (About 0.6 dollar)
Child Card Rates: 450 Won (About 0.5 dollar)
Where to receive South Korea Railplus Transport Card (Railplus Card Korea)?
If you go to Incheon International Airport by Korean Air (KE) or Delta Air Line (DL) or KLM Royal Dutch Airline (KL), you can pick up your card at the World Roaming counter (close to exit 6) at Terminal 2.
If you move to Incheon by other ways, you can buy and receive at:
- K-books, 1st floor, C-D area, Incheon Terminal 1 International Airport
- K-books, 3rd floor, Zone D, Incheon International Airport Terminal 2
You can get ticket at 6:30 am – 9 pm(Korean time) from Monday to Sunday.
To refill your card you can use refill machines at any of the metro stations (including Incheon Airport). Or you can recharge directly at any Story Way convenience store (including Incheon Airport Shop).
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out at here.