Pingjing Street, Lane 42 (平菁街42巷): Forecast of cherry blossoms blooming time: Late of January to mid-March (Best time to see from Jan 5th to Jan 25th)
Every cherry blossom season in Taiwan, this is one of the earliest blooming cherry blossoms places in Taipei. Pingjing Street, Lane 42 is also the place most visited and checked-in by locals, if you don’t believe that you can try to copy and paste “平 菁 街 42 巷” on Instagram will see lots of beautiful images coming out in front of you.
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — How to spend 3 days in Taipei perfectly but not for Lazies
- Shilin Night Market blog — What to eat at Shilin Night Market Taipei?
- Taipei travel tips — 9 things you need to know before going to Taipei
- Wulai travel guide — What to do in Wulai with a day trip from Taipei?
- Visit Lanyang Museum, the pride of Yilan, Taiwan
How to get there
Bus: You also go to the MRT Jiantan station, exit 1, walk to the left bus station and catch the bus No. S19 (~ 1 hour 1 trip), then get off at Fude Temple station (the travel time takes about 45 minutes), walk 10 minutes more will arrival.
Wuji Tianyuan Temple (Tamsui): Forecast Dates: 10 March to 30 March. Expected Full Bloom: 14 March
Another “outstanding” place that Living Nomads wants to introduce is Wuji Tianyuan Temple (in Tamsui District). Every spring comes the stream of people coming back here to watch the flower (there are 3 different varieties of cherry blossoms planted here), combined with visiting the Taoist temple with this beautiful architecture.
How to go
Bus: Take the Red Line MRT to Tamsui Station (end of line), then take bus 875 and get off at Tianyuan Temple station.
Alishan Scenic Area/Railway, Chiayi (1 Mar–2 April 2021)
Unlike the cherry blossoms in Yang Ming Shan, the flowers in Alishan grow along the road alternating with the green leaves of the forest. Thus, our feeling when coming to Alishan in spring is very pleasant and relaxed. The forest in Alishan is very majestic, rising straight up. Walking in the forest, you will find yourself as small as Alice lost in Wonderland. In spring, the weather is a little warmer, so your family and even your children may have a trip. Especially, you can go from Taipei to Alishan in just one day.
How to go
You can take the HSR train (High-Speed Train) from Taipei to Chiayi station or Taichung Station. By train or bus: From Chiayi Station, you need to take the train to Fengqihu Station, then catch the shuttle bus to Alishan.
Aowanda Forest Recreation Area (Early February to Mid March)
If you plan to stay in Taiwan for a long time, you can not miss the Atlanta National Forest. It is located in the town of Renai in Nantou, very near to the Cingjing Farm. Aowanda is famous for its local people and a must-visit place if you want to enjoy the cherry blossom in the first days of the warm spring.
If you walk in Aowanda, you will surely find the peaceful and small streams next to the brilliant pink cherry blossoms. When you continue to get around, you will see the small waterfalls which have a flow of very cool steam, fresh air, and fresh earthy smell of spring. Generally, you will go with the pleasant smile because of your wise decision when coming to Aowanda, which is very familiar with Taiwanese people.
Address: 546 Nantou County, Ren’ai Township, Taiwan
Open: 8 AM – 5 PM
How to go
From the Taichung HSR station/ train station, book your Aowanda car during a day. It takes a total of 10 hours and for groups of 4-8 people (optional). That is a way to save your time and health and fully immersed in the cherry forest. Or you can take a Nantou bus (buy tickets at Taichung train station), go to Aowanda. Remember to check the bus schedule at google because of not many buses during a day.
Yilan Mingchi National Forest Recreation Area (Early February to Late February)
Note: The number of people watching peach blossoms during the day includes the Thai, the Malay, Singapore, the Hong Kong and Taiwan. Whether you self-plan or follow the schedule, you also need to book train tickets early unless there will be tickets left.
Finally, Living Nomads wish you have a wonderful cherry blossom viewing season!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.