The cuisine is one of the most interesting things to explore when visiting another country. Street foods are diverse and different from country to country. Needless to say, South Korea is one of the countries for you to explore new street foods. From early morning to late night, the capital of Seoul will not disappoint you with the tempting dishes sold on many streets. Living Nomads round up the top 5 Korean street foods you must try that you should taste once time.
- What to eat in Jeju island & where to eat in Jeju? — 21 food must eat in Jeju island (Jeju must eat food) & best places to try them
- Weird Korean food — Top 19 strange food in Korea & Korean exotic food dare you to try
- What to eat in Seoul blog — 9 must eat food in Seoul & must try food in Seoul & best places to eat them
- Where to eat street food in Seoul? — 5 best restaurant & best street food area in Seoul you must-visit
- Myeongdong food blog — Top 12 Myeongdong best food & Myeongdong street food you must eat
1. Hweori Gamja (tornado potato)
If you are a fan of fries, don’t miss the pieces of crispy potato skewers. With the special appearance of a “tornado”, this dish is definitely one of the best street foods worldwide. Normally, the potatoes will be put into a machine to cut into thin slices in a twist.
After frying and draining, the seller will coat up a layer of spice, most commonly are cheese and honey. The price for a normal pack ranges from 2,000 won per potato skewers (about 2 USD)
2. Hotteok (Korean pancake)
Korean pancake or Hotteok is attractive thanks to its crispy crust outside with the sweet inside, with eye-catching color: brown yellow.
The dish satisfies most of its eaters from the elderly to young children. The price for a pancake varies from 2,000 won (about 2 USD).
3. Jokbal (pig leg)
This is a popular dish on many South Korean streets, especially for those who want to have a drink at night. Jokbal is simply pork leg cooked with soy sauce and seasoned with a recipe. Besides, many people also eat jokbal with noodles.
In the cold weather at night, enjoy the slice of pig leg with delicious taste while sipping a cup of soju is an experience that you should not miss when coming to South Korea. The price for a portion of 2 person ranges from 10,000 won (about 9 USD) depending on the size of the meal.
4. Muneo Kkochi (roasted octopus covered with cheese)
Octopuses are cooked by the large fire and covered with a layer of cheese. This dish is best eaten hot. Many vendors add a little bit of spicy sauce to add flavor to the dish. The price for an average portion is 4,000 won (about 3,5 USD).
Muneo Kkochi is famous in Jeonju.
5. Gyeran Ppang (Korean Egg Bread)
Gyeran Ppang is favored by many customers by its convenience. For many people traveling to South Korea, Gyeran Ppang is also the choice for breakfast because it is widely sold in many places. Not too fussy in the way of processing, Gyeran Ppang only includes bread, waffles or cakes mixed with fried chicken eggs above. The price is about 2,000-3,000 won (about 3 USD) for a portion of 3 pieces of bread.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in Seoul you can refer to:
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- Seoul Private Car Charter
- Seoul Private Car Charter with Professional Online Guide
- Seoul Autumn Leaves Sightseeing Private Car Charter
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- Incheon Day Trip from Seoul by Wondertrip
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul Traditional Culture Course Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Bus Tour (Open-Top)
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus Tour (Gangnam Course & Night Course)
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.