Although it is not a big island, because the roads in Bali are quite small and with the amount of traffic is crowded, you can spend a lot of time traveling from a place to another. Public transport here is not very good also. This place has the buses but they are quite rudimentary and operated by some local residents so you probably do not want to choose kinds of moving risky. But you don’t worry, we will introduce you some kinds of movement which are quite convenient and suitable in Bali. Let’s discover some useful tips on how to get around Bali.
- Tokyo airport to Tokyo city — How to get from Narita Airport to Tokyo & from Haneda Airport to Tokyo?
- Jakarta in a day — What to do in 1 day in Jakarta & How to spend 24 hours in Jakarta perfectly?
- Bagan travel blog — The fullest Bagan travel guide blog for a budget trip to Bagan, Myanmar
- How to get around Singapore — 6 means of transportation in Singapore for tourists
- Hong Kong tourist card — 7 useful Hong Kong travel card every traveler must-have
The easiest way to travel around Bali is the taxi. The taxi is quite lively and can drop you anywhere on the island. Especially in the tourist spots, you will find everywhere offering taxi service. Taxis in this area almost do not use a speedometer, so the cost will usually be higher than taxis in other places. If you want to have a taxi, call the Bluebird Taxi. This is a light blue taxi type with a speedometer that you can feel safe to enjoy the trip at the reasonable cost. In addition to taxi, if you take a shorter route, you can also use the motorcycle to move.
Both Grab and Uber are very active in Bali. Through the apps on the phone, you can book Grab and Uber to get around Bali. Prices are usually much cheaper than traditional taxis. However, the Bali people do not support Grab and Uber so much, so everywhere on the island you will see posters opposed to Uber and Grab by the local taxi companies.
In our opinion, the best option for traveling in Bali is the scooter. Moving a short distance on Bali roads can take an hour. If having a scooter, you can move fairly quickly with relatively cheap rents. With a 24-hour for renting a scooter, you will be able to go anywhere you want on the island.
Note that police in Bali frequently check your driver’s license in some areas of the island. If you are checked and do not show your driver’s license plus international driving license, you will be required to pay a fine of 4 dollars (remember that the driver’s license must clearly that you can drive a scooter). In some cases, the police will ask you for some extra money, even if they claim up to 112 dollars. So it is the best way to negotiate with the police. In addition, you should also have a private wallet with only 7 dollars so that the police can not ask more money from you. Please note that if you have enough paper for a good trip to Bali!
For long routes in Bali, you can also use the bus, especially in many different tourist destinations such as Kuta, Sanur, Ubud, and Lovina. Perama and Kura-Kura are the two largest bus companies here. However, in Bali, the quality of the bus is not very high. The quality of the car is quite good, especially the Kura – Kura bus, but it is not always on time for the bus, and it will make you late for other entertainment plans. Moreover, these bus routes are also less traveled across the sights, so you almost have to use another type of vehicle to get somewhere you want. It is so convenient, right?
4. Hiring a driver in Bali
Hiring a private driver is very popular in Bali, and this is the best option if you want to avoid the hassle along the way. You can check on the hired driver and decide for yourself what you want to discover.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Bali you can refer to
- Bali All Time Favourites Private Day Trip
- Bali Private UNESCO Heritage Sites Trip
- Nusa Penida Full Day Trip from Bali
- Bali Swing and Waterfall Full Day Tour in Ubud
- Bali Instagram Tour
- Private Ngurah Rai Airport Transfers (DPS) for Bali
- Private Sightseeing Custom Tour for Bali
- Private Sightseeing Custom Tour for Ubud & Surroundings
- Bali Private Car Charter
- 3G/4G Prepaid SIM Card (DPS Airport Pick Up) for Bali
- 4G Portable WiFi for Bali
- 4G Portable WiFi for Indonesia from Uroaming
- 4G LTE WiFi (MNL Delivery) for Asia
Are you looking for more Bali travel guide and top things to do in Bali: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Bali travel blog — The fullest Bali travel guide blog for a budget trip to Bali, Indonesia.