Scandinavians are serious about their green roofs. They’ve had them for a while now and it doesn’t look like they’re going anywhere. They even have a competition every year to determine the best green roof project in Scandinavia by the Scandinavian Green Roof Association! But there is a reason why Scandinavians like these green roofs so much… They are not only a beautiful feature for a house, but they also offer numerous social, environmental and financial benefits. They absorb rainwater, reduce winter heating costs, reduce summer air-conditioning costs, provide insulation, and are long lasting – just to name a few.
- Famous churches in Europe — Top 15 beautiful churches in Europe you should visit
- Inle Lake — Exploring the peaceful life of people on Inle Lake, Burma
- 10+ beautiful pictures of autumn season show weaves ‘yellow carpets’ around the world
- 20+ photos show the beauty of manhole covers in Japan
- 16+ photos show the beautiful of sunscapes in the Sea of Cortez, Mexico
Keep on scrolling to take a look at Bored Panda’s compiled list of the most unique and beautiful living roofs in Scandinavia.