A wildly spectacular Krabi island lying right next to the so famous Phuket island is certainly an idea to cool up your summer in the South of Thailand. Let’s discover the vibrant island through Krabi itinerary 2 days with Living Nomads.
- Krabi itinerary blog — Krabi, a new beach paradise in Southern Thailand
- Krabi Itinerary — 3 days to fully explore the island paradise of Krabi Island, Thailand
- Krabi island blog — Amorous experiences in Krabi Island, Thailand
- Krabi travel blog — The fullest Krabi travel guide & suggested Krabi itinerary 4 days perfectly?
- Top things to do in Krabi island — 8+ must, fun, cool & best things to do in Krabi
Krabi sits on the shore of the Andaman Sea with a surreal beauty unrivaled anywhere in Thailand and is about 820km from Bangkok. Heading here from Bangkok it’ll take you approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes by plane or over 10 hours by coach. The best time to visit Krabi is in April when the weather is most beautiful with pure sunshine, there is no rain, and the sea gets its utmost of blue color.
2 days in Krabi — Day 1: Get around and dive
Just take a day to become an explorer in Krabi’s small islands. You might like to book some tours to get to small islands by small woody boats, big canoes, or big woody boats. you can visit this website www.yourkrabi.com to pre-book your tour. I chose Seven Island Sunset tour of The Lucky Krabi Tour company. The tour’s service is included lunch, soft drink, mineral water that you can drink as much as you can. The tour guides were very kind and enthusiastic. The price of a tour to 7 islands is about 1500 – 1700 Baht ($43 – $ 49). The time falls from 12:00 to 19:30.
The first place is a small bay where you can dive to explore colorful coral reefs and schools of marine fish swimming freely around. The 7 “islands” include several rocks, in addition to what most people would call islands (with beaches, surrounded by water). 7 refers to the number of stops made: Phra Nang Cave, Koh Tan Ming, Koh Si, Koh Tub, Chicken Island, Poda Beach, and Plankton Stop. At the end of the first day, you will have time to enjoy dinner in a small island then go back to the hotel. On the way to the hotel, you’ll be taken to an area to see a species of glowing sea creatures (like “sea firefly”).
Krabi itinerary 2 days — Day 2: Explore Hong Island and sail Kayak boat
Most tourists are infinitely interested tin sailing Kayak boats when visiting Krabi. So many tourists take part in this activity that it looks like a real sailing competition because the requirement of this sailing is that the participants have to work well with their mates and keep being strong. You can sail in a group of 2 or 3 on a boat. That’s extremely fun to have 3 on one boat because the one sitting between two others only can sit, splash water, and take photos.
It takes you about 2 hours of thirty to sail along the bay of Hong island. It is more than incredible to paddle by yourself, enjoy your own travel, see towering cliffs, or come across a bay with jagged rocks. Don’t forget to look down the purely crystal water to watch so numerous fish with beautiful colors and shapes. Because it takes quite long and lots of energy so you’d better bring some water and food to continue your amazing exploration.
You will be served your lunch right on the island then just take a chance to get around to take wonderful pictures or have a short rest to gain energy till 14:00 for the next trips to some other small islands. Your tour will finish at 18:30 and you go back the hotel. If you need to go back to Bangkok or want to leave, you can arrange time to finish the tour earlier. The price of day 2 is about 1800 – 2000 Baht ($52 – $57). Don’t forget to tip the tour guides too ( $2/one tourist ). If you go in a group of 10, the tip of your group will be 300 Baht ( $9 ).
- Best time to visit Krabi Island: From November to April (The weather is most beautiful with pure sunshine, there is no rain, and the sea gets its utmost of blue color.)
- Flight from Bangkok to Krabi: Domestic airlines operate daily flights from Bangkok to Krabi. The trip takes 1.20 hours. You need to check in for your flight at least 1 hour before take-off and most check-in desks close 40 minutes prior to take-off. There are many airlines flight from Bangkok to Krabi such as AirAsia, Nok Air… Average price: 1700 – 2500 Baht ( $49 – $72 ).
- Eating: Food is plentiful in Krabi, mostly local seafood food. You can choose 3 or 4 star restaurant for dinner. Eating here cost you about $18 day / person.
- Notice: Prepare carefully some medicines ( especially digestive medicines), swimming suit, or waterproof devices for cameras.
- Accommodations: You can find, check rates, reviews & availability for hotels and resorts in Krabi Island on Agoda.com or Booking.com.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Krabi you can refer to
- Private Krabi/Phuket Airport Transfers (KBV/HKT) for Krabi & More
- Private Krabi (KBV) or Phuket Airport Transfers (HKT) for Krabi, Phuket, and More
- Private Krabi Airport Transfers (KBV) for Krabi by Thai Rhythm
- Private City Transfers for Krabi, Thailand
- Ao Nang Princess One Way Ferry Ticket between Ao Nang and Phuket (with Transfers)
- Ao Nang Princess Ferry Ticket (One Way) between Phuket and Ao Nang (with Transfers)
- Krabi 4 Islands Day Tour by Speedboat or Longtail Boat
- Krabi 4-Islands Day Tour with Snorkeling Activity from Phuket by Big Boat
- Krabi to Phi Phi Day Tour by Speedboat or Speed Catamaran (Operated by TTD)
- Koh Hong Day Tour from Krabi by Speedboat or Longtail Boat
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Krabi travel guide and top things to do in Krabi: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Krabi itinerary blog — Krabi, a new beach paradise in Southern Thailand.