Nha Trang is a great destination for those who want go to the sea for leisure travel. But do you really know how to have a trip which is worth the money? Below are some tips from both Vietnamese and foreign tourists. They will help you have a wonderful vacation. Let’s discover the beautiful city of beach through our Nha Trang blog (Nha Trang travel blog): The fullest Nha Trang travel guide from top things to do, best places to visit to how go get to Nha Trang, best time to visit Nha Trang… with Living Nomads below.
- Nha Trang food blog — 4 famous Nha Trang foods you must-try
- Nha Trang food — 4 attractive late night foods in Nha Trang you should try
- Hue cycling tour — Top 5 best cycling tours in Hue City, Vietnam
- Top 10 most famous & best places to visit in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
- Top 5 Korean street foods you must try
Best time to visit Nha Trang
First, the essential prerequisite to have wonderful memories in Nha Trang is that you have to know the best time to go here. Nha Trang has a pretty temperate climate with 2 seasons: rainy and dry, according to people who have traveled this destination, you can come here at any time of the year.
Should go: It’s best to go on the period from January to August. But Nha Trang is most beautiful in July, August, September of solar calendar and November, December of lunar calendar.
Should not go: October and November are the time when you should not go to Nha Trang, because your travel plan will be hampered by lasting rains.
Note: August is the peak month of Nha Trang tourism, so if you want to have a comfortable, relaxing and cheaper vacation, you should avoid this month.
How to get to Nha Trang
There are many means of transportation to get to Nha Trang. You can freely choose, depending on your financial ability and your schedule.
From Hanoi: You can take a coach to Nha Trang at My Dinh, Luong Yen stations,… Choose Hoang Long coach (04 39282828 – 058 3853345) for a safe trip with cheaper price. Ticket price is 710,000 VND/person/bed.
From Saigon: You can take many coaches. For example: Hoang Long coach, Phuong Trang coach (08 38309309), Minh Dung coach (08 35115234 – 08 35190519), Lien Hung coach (0913 478982 – 0913 478982), Phuong Nam coach (08 66540386 – 058 6507677), Tra Lan Vien (08 22001579 – 0933727474), Cuc Tung (058 2471999 – 08 35116863), Ha Linh (058 3524877 – 08 35075345)…
From Dalat: Phuong Trang coach (08 38309309).
Note: Call to ask about the price and book the tickets in advance. Especially in peak months or on holiday, the ticket price can be little higher.
From Hanoi: You can take the trains SE1, SE3, SE5, SE7, TN1 to get to Nha Trang. And to go back to Hanoi: SE2, SE4, SE6, SE8, TN2.
From Saigon: SN4 and SNT2 to get to Nha Trang. To go back to Saigon: SNT3.
You should choose the flights which land at Cam Ranh airport, then from this airport you take a taxi or a bus to go to the city center. When buying ticket, remember to buy return ticket in case the tickets to leave Nha Trang are sold out. In particular, Jetstar and Vietjet often have great discount occations, so you should pay attention to the activities of these airlines to hunt for cheap tickets.
Nha Trang blog: Getting around Nha Trang
By taxi: is the first choice of most tourists when they are traveling Nha Trang. If you choose taxi to be your main means of transportation here, you should choose the taxi brands which have been given credit, such as: Mai Linh taxi, Vinasun taxi, Nha Trang taxi, Quoc Te taxi, Tram Huong taxi…
By bus: Traveling by bus is an experience that you should try. It is advised to use bus to have a cheap and saving and interesting trip.
By motorcycle, bycicle: You can rent them with the price from 50,000 – 100,000 VND/day. Note: You need to fill the motocycles up with petrol.
By cable car: Compared to the means of transportation above, cable car is more expensive, but it’s faster because the cable car system crosses the bay of Nha Trang. Moreover, the ticket price includes all the games at Vinpearl Land Amusement Park.
By boat: You need to use it to visit the big and small islands. When buying ticket, remember to buy return ticket, otherwise you will not be able to go back to city center and stay on the islands. Contact Mrs. Thanh Phuong (0914204244) for advice and get the best price.
Nha Trang travel blog: Where to stay in Nha Trang?
According to our experience, you should choose the hotels, motels in Nguyen Thien Thuat street, Tran Phu street, near Binh Tan bridge area, Pham Van Dong street… Most hotels, motels in those areas have price from 150,000 – 170,000 VND/day. If you stay longer, you can negotiate to have a cheaper price. And remember to contact in advance to book. It is best to book online at Agoda, which has detailed information about room price, quality, pictures and the services.
Below are some hotels recommended for you according to feedback from travelers about their price and quality:
1. Golden Sea Hotel Nha Trang, address: 27A Hung Vuong street. The hotel rooms are clean, has TVs, shower cabins and Wifi with a very convenient location for tourists’ activities such as swimming in the sea, playing on the beach and going shopping. The room price is from $15 – $20 (has been discounted). The services have good quality, the staff are friendly and it can be said that the room price is cheapest in Nha Trang.
2. Phu Quy 2 Hotel, address: 01 Tue Tinh street. The hotel reaches 3-star standard with outdoor pool, free breakfast. The room price is about 25$ and through Agoda the price is greatly discounted so the price range is from $19 (lowest). This is the most popular hotel to book room in Nha Trang.
You can check rates & availability for this hotel on Agoda.com.
3. The Summer Hotel Nha Trang, address: 34C-D Nguyen Thien Thuat street. The hotel is beautifully furnished and has 3.5-star standard with free breakfast, swimming pool, saunas, baths, billiard tables. With the price from $29 – $85 (depending on the discount), this hotel is recommended and highly evaluated by tourists.
4. Apus Hotel, address: 95/9 Hung Vuong. Similar to above hotels, Apus hotel also has a convenient location. At the price $30, this hotel is very highly evaluated with new furniture, good service quality (breakfast/outdoor pool). In spite of not being selected by many people like Phu Quy 2 Hotel or Nha Trang Summer Hotel, it is growing strongly and favoured by more people day by day.
5. Best Western Premier Havana Nha Trang Hotel, address: 38 Tran Phu street. This is a luxury hotel with reasonable and pretty cheap room price. The price is about $85 for the services, amenities such as: poolside bar, spa, café, restaurant and its own beach. With that competitive price, this hotel is chosen by many tourists.
6. Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa, address: 26-28 Tran Phu. This is one of the famous hotels of Sheraton hotel chain. The lowest price is about $140 with delicious food, friendly staff and the amenities of a 5-star hotel.
7. Novotel Nha Trang Hotel, address: 50 Tran Phu. It is also a big, beautiful and nice hotel in the Novotel hotel system throughout Vietnam. With 4.5-star standard, it has all the services like Best Western Premier or Sheraton Nha Trang, good food, convenient location and friendly, enthusiastic staff. The price is also very good, at around $110 (sometime it has very great discount).
8. Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang is on Bamboo island (Hon Tre island) and extremely majestic, beautiful, spacious, airy. If you can afford the money, this is the best choice to rest and relax. The hotel has green space, golf area, beautiful garden, tennis courts, water sports games, kids club… Despite the price which can be up to $190/night, this resort still attracts a large number of visitors thanks to its amenities and good service quality.
Nha Trang blog: The famous and beautiful tourist attractions in Nha Trang, best places to visite and top things to do
Nha Trang has many tourist attractions, such as: Vinpearl Land, Mun island, Tam island, Ninh Van bay, Nha Trang Oceanography Institute, Ponagar Cham Towers, Husband Rock-Wife Rock, Dai Lanh beach, Dam market… But if you don’t have much time, visit some main tourist spots below.
This is the “tropical paradise” with luxurious hotels, exciting amusement park and 4D cinema.
Some games in Vinpearl Land Nha Trang. Photos: vinpearlland.com
4 islands tour
Mun island, Mot island, Bai Tranh island and Tri Nguyen Aquarium. You should buy tour ticket. The price is just 120,000 VND/ticket at Hai Phong Travel Limited Company.
Ninh Van bay
With wild and pristine beauty, it’s suitable for those who want a quiet atmosphere to rest and relax. In addition, here you can also experience interesting activities: diving, snorkeling, surfing, windsurfing, kayaking…
Nha Trang Oceanography Insitute
All the secrets of the ocean are here. Especially, you get a chance to see many sea creatures swimming around in transparent glass tank.
Ponagar Cham Towers
A great architectural works of the Cham. Moreover, after visiting the Ponagar Cham Towers, you can go to the hot spring to experience mud bath service.
Dai Lanh beach
You can rent motorboats to visit the fishing villages: Khai Luong village, Dam Mon village, Vung Ro village,… and eat or buy fresh seafood in these villages at a very cheap price.
This is the biggest market in Nha Trang. But if you want to buy something here, do not forget to bargain.
Nha Trang blog: What and where to eat? The specialties and delicious dishes in Nha Trang
Coming to Nha Trang, you defelintely have to try fresh seafood here. You can buy and eat seafood in some fishing villages near Dai Lanh beach, the food is tasty and the price is low.
In addition, you need to enjoy: Bun cha ca (fish cake noodles), bun sua (jellyfish noodles), bun ca dam (fish noodles with soup is made from crushed fishbones and many other ingredients), nem Ninh Hoa (pork hash wrapped in banana leaf, from Ninh Hoa), banh can, banh uot (steamed thin rice pancake), banh beo (bloating fern-shaped cake), banh dap, nem lui nuong, poached squid, yen sao (salanganes nest)…
Below are some addresses to enjoy the specialties of Nha Trang with the cheapest price:
- Pho: 76 Quang Trung street
- Bun sua (jellyfish noodles): B2, Phan Boi Chau condominium. 170 Bach Dang street
- Bun bo Hue: 100 Ngo Gia Tu street
- Bun thit nuong (charcoal grilled pork on skewers with noodles): 163 Hoang Van Thu street
- Nem nuong (grilled meatballs, usually made of seasoned pork): 59 Le Thanh Phuong street
- Banh canh (soup cake/thick noodles): 30 Phan Chu Trinh street
- Chao hai san (rice congee with seafood): 6 Ngo Si Lien street
- Com tam (broken rice/made from rice with fractured rice grains): 10/4 Ly Tu Trong street
- Seafood: 86 Tran Phu street
- Shellfish: 24 Ngo Duc Ke street
- Duck: Near Dua bridge (Pineapple bridge), 23th October street
- Hu tieu kho (Dry small rice noodles): 30 Bach Dang street
- Banh dap: 16A Hong Linh street
Below are photos of some dishes in Nha Trang. Photos: youvivu.com
We hope that some travel experience above can help you have a cheap, saving, safe and exciting trip. The information we provide maybe not enough for all of you guys, you can share your travel experience in the comment section. Thanks for having read our post and we wish you would have a great trip and unforgettable memories in Nha Trang.
Are you finding more top things to do in Nha Trang: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out at here.