When you visit Singapore, it’s a great pity that you miss pleasures of shopping. Singapore has two biggest sales promotion seasons in a year which is from May to July and Christmas season, New Year festival. During this time, many attractive discounted goods are associated with luckily drawing lots programs to receive gifts. Besides, on the weekend at any time of the year, most of the major shopping malls have 50-70% discounted sales territories. So, where to go shopping in Singapore, where to shop cheap in Singapore? Let’s check out our suggested 8 best places to shop in Singapore as well as top shopping places in Singapore as follows!
- What food to buy in Singapore? — 10 best food gifts & best food souvenirs from Singapore
- Where to buy souvenirs in Singapore? — 7+ best places to buy souvenirs in Singapore & must buy souvenirs in Singapore
- Explore Haji Lane — A hypnotizingly fantastic shopping street in Singapore
- Singapore must buy souvenirs — Top 16 most famous, cheap & best things to buy in Singapore for tourists
- How to get tax FREE shopping in Singapore?
1. Boulervard Orchard Road (# best places to shop in singapore)
The largest Singapore shopping road. Visitors who first come to Boulervard Orchard Road must be overwhelmed by its busy. Along the boulervard are the magnificently multistory supermarkets in series, the large and small general stores with all sorts of goods from luxury to popular including: Clothing, handbags, shoes, sporting goods, watches… The most famous brands in the world are concentrated at Palais Renaissance, Hilton the Shopping Gallery, Wisma Atria, Paragon, Nghee Ann City. The Robinson shopping mall, Orchads tangs, Takashimaya and Isetan are ideal choices if you need to purchase household commodities. Particularly in Saturday, shopping centers and stores on Orchard Road often opens to 11pm.
2. Marina Bay (# best places to go shopping in singapore)
From Raffles city shopping mall, go shopping CityLink Mall for a ride (system of shopping outlets on the ground) and then to Marina Square, Suntec City Mall and Millenia Walk. Marina Square and Suntec City Mall are largely commercial centers with hypermarket furniture, well-known dining and shopping places of the business community. In these places, you can find shirts which are elegantly designed or manual chocolate boxes…
3. Bugis Area
Here is the focus of hundreds of selling CDs stalls, clothing, fashion accessories…The departments at the 2nd floor have many cheap items, which are shopping places the youth prefer. Along shopping territory in Bugis Junction house are small push-carts which sell lovely accessories.
This place attracts those who seek for antiques, jewelry, China and Asia’s arts and crafts toys. The main road is divided into several footpaths which sell plenteously unique goods such as cheongsam silk, China traditional furniture…Chinatown is where you spoiled bargain for types of clothing and Eastern households.
5. Little India (# best shopping area in singapore)
As its name, this shopping mall carries a style very “Indian”. These Sari, posters of Bollywood film stars, jewelry, perfumes…, all of which contribute to make Little Indian more brilliant. This is fascinating shopping area with shops filled with goods from the floor until the ceiling.
6. Kampong Glam (Zone Arabic)
Around main roads, you will find densely shops that sell carpets, textiles, rattan baskets and crafts. There are fashion designer shops, stores like White Room or Straits records which sell used Singapore music CDs. Along Bussorah Mall road visitors will be attracted by colorful apparel, rich household goods in the house cum shop. This is the only shopping mall in Singapore opening 24/24.
7. Vivo City
This is the largest shopping center in Singapore with more than 350 stores, designed by famous architect Toyo Ito. Vivo City is the largest shopping mall which is expected to be attractive destination for tourists to Singapore. If you stay near HarbourFront – including Sentosa Island, Mt. Faber, Singapore Cruise Centre and St. James Station – then try to visit Vivo City!
8. Funan IT Market (Funan IT Mall)
Who love information technology and electronics certainly can not ignore this area. Some travelers revealed, you can buy the lastest technology products at the cost compared to only 60% in Vietnam. In Funan, you can access to the Internet for free and receive a tax refund of GST immediately after purchasing.
Note when shopping: Some areas like Bugis, Jurong East, small roadside shops…are where you can pay at ease.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, from and to Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- Gardens by the Bay Ticket Singapore
- S.E.A. Aquarium™ One-Day Ticket
- ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands Ticket
- Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass
- Jewel Changi Airport Attraction Tickets in Singapore
- Singapore Flyer Tickets
- Singapore Sunset Boat Tour
- Skyline Luge Singapore: Skyline Luge & Skyride
- Marina Bay Sands Skypark Observation Deck or Sampan Ride
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ One-Day Ticket
- Science Centre Singapore, Butterflies Up-Close, Omni Theatre
- Singapore River Cruise
- Madame Tussauds Singapore Ticket
- Wings of Time Show Ticket in Singapore
- LiHO TEA in Singapore
- Singapore Travel Card (NETS FlashPay)
- Universal Studios Singapore Tickets
- Klook Pass Singapore
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Pick Up) for Europe
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.