There is nothing to say if this is not the most opulent fish market I ever have seen. I think the name “Taipei Fish Market” is used to create a familiar and local sense, and help to easily find the location on Google Maps as it is not the same like the usual fish market at all: no foul smell – no fishy smell – no water spreading all over. It is exactly the seafood restaurant and supermarket. Now, me review seafood experience at Taiwan’s most famous fish market – Taipei Fish Market.
- Must eat food in Taipei — Top 23+ best street food in Taipei & best places to eat them
- Best cafe in Taipei — 7 most beautiful themed cafes in Taipei you must-visit
- Best coffee in Taipei — Top 6 best coffee shops in Taipei you definitely must visit
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei
- Taipei recommended restaurants — 7 Cheap Taipei must eat restaurants & must try restaurants in Taipei
How to get to Taipei Fish Market (Addiction Aquatic Development)
Getting to this place is not complicated at all. Take the MRT to get to Xingtian Temple Station, get off Exit 3, turn right and take an 800-meter walk along Song Jiang Road, then search the Google Maps.
If you don’t want to walk, you can catch a taxi at about 100 TWD.
It takes from 10 to 15 minutes to get to the fish market by walk. There is a high-speed crossing bridge that makes you wait for a long time for the green light that allows you to go across the other side of the road. This is quite diffused but does not worry, believe in Google Maps as it shows the right way. Finally, I got to this luxurious fish market.
What to eat at Taipei Fish Market?
Once you go into the Taipei Fish Market, you need to take a walk around, leave the outdoor restaurant to get to the backward area, called Addiction Aquatic Development. This is the area to explore.
At first, there is a friendly guard spraying hand sanitizer when you first step in, then step through the glass door to go inside. It was shocking that I only saw the Emperor Crabs, no fishes. They were so big in every lake in order of price from 50 USD to nearly 400 USD, the huge ones. When I quickly left, a man was carrying a big emperor crab that was bigger than my face several times. I had my heart in my mouth.
This fish market is divided into 3 zones
The first zone is designed as a seafood supermarket
There are processed kinds of fish (cut into pieces), canned in neat, but they look eight times fresh than the ones at Aeon Mall. This area is for those who travel on a budget as you can save money, buy the food and then move to the outside area (a separate dining area) to eat. The place is very clean, remember to clean up the waste and throw them in the right rubbish bin.
What is more, the area is also packed with various kinds of food from main dishes to dessert, you will absolutely want to buy all of them. There is a barbeque area that sells in specific hours, huge salmon, tuna, herring; clam, oyster, crab are processed with 8000 types.
That sounds amazing, if you are hungry, be prepared to fill up your stomach with endless choices. Don’t forget to bring a lot of money with you so you can eat as much as you want.
For those who want to save money, you can buy a box of sushi sashimi at 480 TWD (around 15 USD), eat this before going to eat something else as you will be fairly full.
The second zone of the fish market is a pretty little restaurant
The restaurant for eating while standing, you have to wait for your ordinal number and eating while watching the chefs. I was so lucky as I am allergic to the crustaceans. I didn’t want to try the Emperor Crab as I was scared to death because of its huge size.
It takes about 20-30 minutes for your ordinal number. When you are invited in, you will be reserved a standing table with an English menu so you can order the dishes. I ordered a portion of seasonal sashimi as my friend’s advice. Although I had to wait for a quite long time, it was definitely worth as it was very fresh and tasty. The pieces of fishes were so beautiful and big that made me full even if I normally can eat much.
The total expense for the piles of food was around 1000 TWD (about 33 USD). Note that this restaurant does not have a credit card machine, remember to bring lots of cash.
The third zone is the luxurious area
The area is for high-end travelers with lots of money, with tables and chairs and waiters under the romantic golden light. This area also sells alcohol so it is not allowed to bring your bottle of water inside, the other two zones are okay to do so. I didn’t enter into this zone as I was travel on a tight budget.
After visiting all these zones, I bought another box of sushi and a portion of pasta with the burger and sweet potato. I filled up my stomach with all the good food and couldn’t eat anymore. These dishes cost about 300 TWD (10 USD).
Addiction Aquatic Development (Taipei Fish Market)
Address: No. 20號, Alley 2, Lane 410, Minzu East Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 104
Business Hours: 06:00 to 24:00
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.