Taipei City at every night will be become more busy, vibrant, bustling with all kinds of entertainment activities. In this city you can experience countless interesting things, making sure that no matter you come here at every night also will be never boring! So, where to go, things to play and what to do in Taipei at night? Let’s check it out our Taipei nightlife guide with top 8 best things to do in Taipei at night (things to do in Taipei nightlife). Do not worry! Because the answer is right below!
- Jiufen travel blog — Jiufen day trip from Taipei: How to spend 1 perfect day in Jiufen?
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — What to do in Taipei for 3 days?
- Must eat food in Taipei — Top 23+ best street food in Taipei & best places to eat them
- Taipei night market food — Top 18 best Taipei street food night market you should try
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei
The answer is try to visit a cultural theater to enjoy a Peking opera (Chinese opera theatre); Drop off at bars; Go to the night market to shop and enjoy street food; gathering friends to sing Karaoke; Shopping at Wellcome Taiwan supermarket chain; enjoy tea, dinner and street views from the skyline at Maokong Tea House; take a ferry at Miramar Amusement Park … and many other activities.
What to do in Taipei at night? Admire Taipei from the tallest building in Taiwan, Taipei 101
One of the first things that can’t but experience when in Taipei is visiting the tallest building in Taiwan, Taipei 101, located in Xinyi District. If you can not come here in the daytime, you can come back at night (but nighttime is probably is the best time). This building holds the tallest building in the world from 2004 to 2010, until it was replaced by Burj Khalifa building of Dubai. From the top floor of the building, you will see the entire city of Taipei in a clear and complete way, a spectacular and stunning view. Especially when night falls, the whole city will shimmer than ever. You also have the opportunity to shopping and eating freely because the shopping malls and restaurants are spread on every floor of the building.
Tips: To get to this tower, you should buy tickets online in advance to avoid to queue up for tickets and get a good price.
Address: No.45, Shifu Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei 11049, Taiwan
Hours: 9am-10pm, last ticket sale 9.15pm
Admission: adult/child NT$500/450
Things to do in Taipei at night? Playing at the lively bars
Being a developed city, and it also is a famous tourist city, of course Taipei can not be without the exciting bars and pubs, where gathering of the majority of young people and parties, lively night music. However, entertainment activities are also arranged in each area. For example: Xinyi is the center of the clubs, Daan is home to the most casual style bars, and in Zhongshan, where the most pubs are.
Some popular pubs and bars you can visit such as:
- 1001 Nights Hookah Lounge Bar: No. 8 Nanjing E. Road, Section 5, Songshan District, Taipei, Taiwan / Tel: +886 2 2765 1122
- 5 Pub – Near Taiwan’s International University – the destination of many students.
- Franny Taipei (Babe 18): – Located at Songshou Road, Xinyi – the best place to go at every Sunday night. Address: 110, Taiwan, Taipei City, Xinyi District, Songshou Road.
- Box Nightclub – Located at Roosevelt Road, Daan. Address: 106, Taiwan, Taipei City, Da’an District, Section 2, Roosevelt Rd, Daan.
- The Brass Monkey – The sport bar is located at 166, Fuxing Road, Zhongshan. Address: No. 166號, Fuxing North Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 10491.
- Fourplay: Address: 67 Dongfeng Street, Daan District, Taipei, Taiwan / +886 2 2708 3898
- Wootp: Address: No. 39-1, Lane 205, Section 4, Zhongxiao E Road, Da’an District, Taipei, Taiwan / +886 2 8771 9813
- Ounce: Address: No. 40, Lane 63, Dunhua South Rd., Section 2, Daan District, Taipei, Taiwan / +886 2 2708 6885
- MoD: No. 40, Alley 4, Lane 345, Section 4, Ren’ai Rd, Da’an District, Taipei, Taiwan / +886 2 2731 4221
- Mono Mono: 5F,No. 22, SongShou Rd., Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan / +886 2 2725 3520
- On Tap: No. 21, Alley 11, Lane 216, Section 4, Zhongxiao E Road, Da’an District, Taipei, Taiwan / +886 2 2741 5365
- Brown Sugar Live & Restaurant: Address: No. 101, Songren Road, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan / +886 2 8780 1110
- Barcode: 5F, No. 22, Songshou Road, Xinyi / Tel: +886 (0)9 2016 8269
- Revolver: Location: No. 1-2, Section 1, Roosevelt Road, Zhongzheng / Tel: +886 (0)2 3393 1678
- Marquee Restaurant & Lounge: Location: 1F, No. 16-1, Section 5, Xinyi Road, Xinyi / Tel: +886 (0)2 2729 5409
- Woo Bar: Location: No. 10, Zhongxiao E. Road, Section 5, Xinyi / Tel: +886 (0)2 7703 8887.
Briefly, the taverns, bars, pubs, music rooms, restaurants … in Taipei are countless, hardly listed.
Visit night markets, shopping and enjoying street food
Taiwan in general and Taipei in particular have a special pleasure that any visitor have to experience that is go to night market. At these night markets you can freely to shopping or enjoy the street food, very bustling, vibrant, and attractive. More especially, there is no push or jostle to buy goods but Taiwanese people queue are very civilized and orderly.
To enjoy the street food, cheap as well as rich and diversified taste, and to know a typical Taiwanese dinner what it is, you can visit Shilin night market. Here you can enjoy fried and grilled foods such as tofu, fried squid, roasted chicken heart … This is also a chance for those who have never tasted stinky tofu. About drink, you can not miss a glass juice of white bitter melon or a glass of bubble milk tea. One interesting thing you will see that is in Taipei they also sell the sugarcane juice as the same in Vietnam.
Shilin Night Market
Address: Between Dadong Road, Danan Road, Wenlin Road and Jihua Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Hours: Daily 17:00 – 24:00
Ximending Night Market is also an indispensable destination in Taipei. Anyone who comes to this tourist city can not help but check-in Ximending! Located in the west of the city, this night market is considered one of Taiwan’s busiest night markets, attracting many domestic and foreign tourists come here. The diversity of goods at affordable prices and the culture of indigenous people is an attractive feature. Ximending is also a place for you to find young style fashion clothing, especially is Japanese style clothing. Perhaps thanks to that, it is also a meeting place for young people of Taiwan.