Chiang Mai is famous for its beauty. The “Rose of the North” nestles between the highest mountains of Thailand. Blessed by nature with a cool climate, Chiang Mai has become a stopover for many tourists. If you are planning to stay in Chiang Mai, you might be confused by the diverse list of hotels and homestays here. In this post, we will summarize for you the 10 best guesthouses in Chiang Mai.
- Where to stay in Chiang Mai on a budget? — 10+ small, cheap, convenient & best boutique hotels in Chiang Mai
- Top hostels in Chiang Mai — 9 best hostels in Chiang Mai & cheap homestay in Chiang Mai
- Where to stay in Chiang Mai? — Top 3 best places to stay in Chiang Mai for first timers
- Where to stay in Koh Phangan? — 10+ best places to stay & best hotels in Koh Phangan
- Where to stay in Koh Lanta? — 10+ top resorts, best places to stay & best hotels in Koh Lanta
So, where to stay in Chiang Mai on a budget? Let’s check out our suggested 10+ cheap accommodation in Chiang Mai and cheap places to stay in Chiang Mai which including best guesthouses in Chiang Mai, best hostels in Chiang Mai for solo travellers, top hostels in Chiang Mai, best hostels in Chiang Mai as follows!
Yindee Stylish Guesthouse (#best guesthouses in chiang mai)
Situated in the center of Chiang Mai, this guesthouse was designed by local architects and decorated in a simple style. However, it exudes a very luxurious and cozy vibe. Every decorative detail in Yindee Stylish Guesthouse is arranged following feng shui to give guests the most peaceful and comfortable stay.
Each room at Yindee is equipped with a flat-screen TV, air conditioning, and a free Wi-fi connection. There is a private balcony outside for you to relax and enjoy the surrounding scenery. In addition, when coming to Yindee, guests will receive 24/7 attention with the most convenient and thoughtful services.
- Address: 15, 1 Ratvithi Rd Lane 1, Tambon Si Phum, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
- Rates per night: From USD 21
- Highlights: Free Wi-fi connection, hygienic room, and full basic amenities.
This is a family-run guesthouse located in the old town of Chiang Mai. With the look of an old-fashioned teak house, this place gives visitors a bit of a nostalgic feel. Right from the entrance, you can see the wall covered with green vines and the rooms with old yellow color or cement plaster, quite simple and rustic.
If you feel bored in your private room, gather with friends or chat with other visitors in the small courtyard in front of the house entrance and watch small animals running around in the garden full of green trees. Baan Hanibah is also located quite close to the major attractions of Chiang Mai City such as the Three Kings Monument and the famous Sunday Market.
- Address: 6 Soi 8, Moonmuang Rd, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
- Rates per night: From USD 42
- Highlights: Green space, hygienic and ventilated rooms, and full amenities.
Pak Chiang Mai Guesthouse #best guesthouses in chiang mai)
Pak Chiang Mai is a guest house endorsed and selected by many tourists because of its friendliness and family-oriented atmosphere. You will feel the modern harmony with the classic beauty in the architecture of this guesthouse as soon as you see its exterior.
The walls with bright colors combined with details made of brown wood materials and colorful windows create an innovative and unique space. Moreover, in the middle of the guest house’s lobby are green trees placed under the skylight on the roof. Like a beautiful little garden that every time you look at it, you will feel really fascinated and full of energy.
- Address: 39, 5 Ratchamanka Rd, Tambon Phra Sing, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
- Rates per night: From USD 52
- Highlights: Intimate cozy space, and hygienic and ventilated rooms.
Joy’s House (#best hostels in Chiang Mai for solo travellers)
Joy’s House is the oldest guesthouse in Chiang Mai. Located in a spacious land and surrounded by shady trees, the accommodation follows a traditional style. This place was also established as a vocational training center for projects that support children. You will have the opportunity to listen to touching stories when you come to Joy’s House.
The rooms were designed with a charming, luxurious look with all the necessary modern amenities to provide guests with comfort and an ideal relaxing space. In addition to the fully furnished rooms, there are also wooden huts in the garden. Besides, Joy’s House also has a kitchen counter on the premises, ready to serve the most delicious meals for visitors.
- Address: 114 Mu. 9 Sunpeesue Village, Chang Phuak, Mueang Chiang Mai, 50300 Thailand
- Rates per night: From USD 58
- Highlights: Comfortable stay and exquisite restaurant.
Although it is located outside the city center, you don’t need to worry because we can commute conveniently and easily to this guesthouse by bicycle, taxi, and even bus.
The rooms of the guesthouse were designed and decorated simply but you will feel very comfortable with full amenities such as free Wi-fi, air conditioning, and a large bed for resting. Guests can also relax in the spacious private bathroom with a clean hot shower.
Saithong House is a peaceful destination – a tranquil oasis of Chiang Mai. You will get the most dedicated and attentive services from the family owners of this guesthouse. They are always happy to help you and explain any questions you have about the beautiful city of Chiang Mai.
- Address: 333/22 Lampoon Road, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50000, Thailand
- Rates per night: From USD 19
- Highlights: Quiet space, a lot of trees, and a restaurant.
Pakinai Guesthouse (#best hostels in Chiang Mai for solo travellers)
Pakinai Guesthouse is an accommodation with unique architecture. The roof was designed in the style of temples in Thailand. The interior space is decorated with many pots of cool green plants, bringing the feeling that you are surrounded by nature with an airy and bright atmosphere.
The rooms at this guesthouse are simply furnished with all the necessary amenities, ensuring the most comfortable and pleasant rest space for guests. Furthermore, several rooms have large windows through which you can fully enjoy the astonishing view of Doi Suthep Mountain.
- Address: 246 175 Ratchaphakinai T. Sripoom, A. Muang, 2 Ratchapakhinai Rd, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai
- Rates per night: From USD 11
- Highlights: Green space, a restaurant, and fully furnished rooms.
Baitong Homestay is a hostel located near the gate of Chiang Mai’s weekend walking street where you will easily find a place for entertainment. The space is quiet and peaceful. Each room has a private bathroom equipped with personal sanitary items and full amenities such as a refrigerator, television, and closet.
The room is simply decorated with large windows, so that natural light and fresh air always fill the room, allowing visitors to feel fresh and awake. At Baitong Homestay’s restaurant, guests can enjoy German and Thai dishes. The taste of these dishes is so delicious that makes them irresistible and hard to forget after you leave the city.
- Address: Haiya Sub-district, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
- Rates per night From USD 20
- Highlights: A restaurant, quiet space, and fully furnished rooms.
Kittawan Home & Gallery
Kittawan Home & Gallery has wood decorations and lots of trees, giving a green forest vibe. From the stairs, doors, tables, and chairs to the huts, they all have a dark brown color of wood, together with yellow lights and small green pots in front of the porch, exude a modern and warm vibe mixed with a little rustic and simple breath.
With many design styles derived from various ideas, Kittawan Home & Gallery guest house offers you a variety of choices of rooms. You can choose a modern room with bright pure white walls and glass windows to admire the surrounding setting. Or more interestingly, you may enjoy relaxing moments in wooden huts situated in the garden.
In addition, visitors can also visit and enjoy the works in the gallery of Kittawan Home & Gallery. There is a tennis court at the guesthouse on the premises for those who would love to do some exercise. Or, if you want to explore the outdoors, you can rent a bicycle to ride around with friends. A gathering and picnic on the banks of the nearby Ping River would be an exciting experience.
- Address: 10, 1 Rat U-Thit Road Soi 2, Tambon Wat Ket, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50000, Thailand
- Rates per night: From USD 17
- Highlights: A restaurant and green space.
Baan Say La Guesthouse
Located in the trendy area of Nimmanhaemin, Baan Say La is known as the most luxurious and popular guesthouse in Chiang Mai. Just a few minutes walk out of this guesthouse’s premises, you will find various restaurants from different world cuisines with unique styles and designs that are well worth the experience.
The guesthouse has a spacious area with a large number of rooms. The guest rooms are equipped with simple furniture. Each room has a TV, refrigerator, and air conditioner, along with a private bathroom to give visitors a comfortable rest space. Alternatively, you can also relax on the outside balcony, appreciate the scenery and local life, or enjoy a meal with family and friends.
- Address: 4-4/1 Nimmanhaemin Road, Soi 5 A. Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
- Rates per night: From USD 62.5
- Highlights: Spacious rooms with full amenities and balconies.
The Nimmanhaemin Soi 13 Guesthouse
The Nimmanhaemin 13 Guesthouse offers a luxurious and charming space. All the bedrooms of the guest house are painted white, not only that, the bedspreads and curtains are also selected in white to mix with wooden furniture.
At The Nimmanhaemin 13 Guesthouse, there are not only private guestrooms but also dormitory rooms with bunk beds arranged in a spacious space. Shared and private bathrooms depend on the room type you choose, but all bathrooms are equipped with full amenities for your ultimate comfort.
- Address: 24/3-4 Nimmanhemin Road, Soi 13 T.Suthep A.Muang, Nimmanhemin, Mueang Chiang Mai District 50200, Thailand
- Rates per night: From USD 242 / room / 6 pax
- Highlights: Located in a central location with free Wi-fi connection, spacious rooms, and full amenities.
Below we recommend more best cheap, budget, mid-range and upscale hotels with good ratings and reviews from $7 you can refer to.
What to do in Chiang Mai: Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Chiang Mai you can refer to
- Private Chiang Mai International Airport Transfers (CNX) for Chiang Mai by Thai Rhythm
- Private City Transfers between Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai City & Temples Half Day Tour by Tour East
- Chiang Rai One Day Tour from Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep-Chiang Mai City Temple Tour
- Classic Chiang Mai Doi Suthep Half Day Tour
- Chiang Mai Custom Tour: Chiang Mai Night Safari, Doi Suthep, Elephant Sanctuary, Zipline Adventure, and More
- Private Car Charter Between Chiang Mai and Pai
- Doi Inthanon National Park Day Tour in Chiang Mai
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
Above are the 10+ best guesthouses in Chiang Mai, Thailand that we have researched and compiled in this post. Hopefully, you can select a favorite stopover after going through the list and have great experiences in the beautiful city of Chiang Mai. Are you looking for best places to visit in Chiang Mai? Read more: Top places to visit in Chiang Mai — Top 19 most famous, beautiful, must go & best places to visit in Chiang Mai. And Chiang Mai guide here.