The travelers going to Hong Kong must too be familiar with skyscrapers, busy streets, cars, and the scenery of colorful lights. However, there are places where urbanization and modernization have not yet invaded, villages with ancient beauty, rustic people are worthwhile to visit and learn about Hong Kong culture. Kat Hing Wai Walled Village Hong Kong is one of the villages with a long tradition of culture with a famous wall surrounding. The legend of this wall was built by ancient ancestors to protect the village from rival clans, bandits or beasts and is preserved to this day as a historical proof. Let’s joining Living Nomads to explore this old village of Kat Hing Wai Walled to experience a day back in time to find the history.
- Hong Kong Macau 5 days itinerary — The suggested 5 days itinerary in Hong Kong and Macau perfectly
- What to do in Hong Kong Disneyland? — 10 Best attractions in Hong Kong Disneyland & best rides in Hong Kong Disneyland
- Hong Kong 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Hong Kong & What to do in Hong Kong in a day perfectly?
- Best Asian restaurants in Hong Kong — 10 best Chinese, Japanese, Korean restaurants in Hong Kong you must visit
- Hong Kong must eat places — Top 6 must eat restaurants in Hong Kong
- 4G Tourist Sim: Getting lost is no longer a fear when having a 4G tourist sim card to seek help from “Google sister”. If you go with a large group, let rent a pocket wifi router with unlimited data here: 3G/4G SIM Card for Hong Kong (HK Airport Pick Up).
- Octopus Card: The Octopus card in Hong Kong is like T-money card in Korea, which helps us to pay when using public transport or shopping at convenience stores. With it, our life in Hong Kong will be a lot easier. Hong Kong Octopus Card (HK Airport Pick Up).
- Hong Kong Airport Express Train Tickets: Help you move quickly from the airport to the city center.
The itinerary 1 day to explore the ancient village of Kat Hing Wai Walled Village in Hong Kong New Territories
Because it was the first time our group went to Hong Kong, so we decided to book a day tour of Klook to be picked up and sightseeing guided. Thanks to the guide, we have heard many interesting stories that cannot be found online about the history and customs of the people in the old village. Because of the day tour, so in the evening we still have time to take a cruise on Victoria Bay and watching the special lighting shows. You can refer to the attached links below.
Visit the ancient village of Kat Hing Wai Walled Village
As mentioned above, the 500-year-old ancient village is considered the oldest ancient village in Hong Kong. Until now, the village still retains its architecture with ancient houses lying close together, surrounded by solid brick wall to protect the village territory. People in the old village wear traditional costumes and are very welcoming to visitors. There is no entrance fee to access the village, but if you want to take photos with people dressed in traditional costumes then send them a small sum of money, this is the village tourism culture.
Address: 9 Kam Sheung Rd, Kam Tin, Hong Kong
Hours: Open 24 hours
Lam Tsuen Wishing Tree
The wishing tree 700 years old, famous for its sacred attracts a lot of people come here to pray, from locals to foreign tourists. Hong Kong people believe that throw the higher the wish paper is, the higher the wish will be came true easily.
Address: Lam Tsuen Heung Kung Sho Rd, Lam Tsuen, Hong Kong
Old Tai Po Market Railway Station
This station was renamed the Hong Kong Railway Museum, displaying many of the huge and rare locomotives from around the world.
Address: 13 Shung Tak Street, Tai Po Market, Tai Po, Hong Kong, China
Hours: 10AM–6PM / Tuesday: Closed
Sha Tin Che Kung Temple
Che Kung Temple is the place to worship 3 generals with great merit serving in 3 different kings. Entering the temple, you will be amazed in front of the statue of God Che Kung “super huge” in the main hall. People often come to Che Kung temple to pray for luck, peace, and health.
Address: Che Kung, Miu Rd, Tai Wai, Hong Kong
So end the itinerary for a day to visit the ancient New Territories Hong Kong, immersed in historical stories and experience the unique cultural interference in Hong Kong. A peaceful and worthwhile trip.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Hong Kong you can refer to
- Private MPV Hong Kong International Airport Transfers (HKG) for Hong Kong (Group of 6)
- Shared Coach Transfers from HKG Airport to Hong Kong Hotels
- Private Hong Kong International Airport Tesla Transfers (HKG) for Hong Kong (Group of 3)
- Shared Shuttle Bus Transfers between Hong Kong International Airport and Hong Kong Island & Kowloon
- [Buy 2 Get 1] Outlet Shopping and Sightseeing Day Tour
- Macau Sightseeing Day Tour (Hong Kong/Macau Departure)
- iVenture Hong Kong and Macau Attractions Pass
- Hong Kong Big Bus Unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tours
- Hong Kong Disneyland Park 1-Day Ticket and Meal Coupon Combo
- Hong Kong Airport Express & 72-hour Unlimited MTR Travel Pass
- MTR Tourist Day Pass
- [SALE] Peak Tram Fast-Track Combo
- Hong Kong TramOramic Tour
- [QR Code Direct Entry] Peak Tram Sky Pass (Peak Tram + Sky Terrace 428)
- Hong Kong Octopus Card (HK Airport Pick Up)
- 3G/4G Prepaid SIM Card (HK Airports Pick Up) for Hong Kong
- [Unlimited Data for 5 Days] 4G SIM Card for Hong Kong from YSIM(HK Airport Pick Up)
- [Unlimited Data] 4G Portable WiFi for Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau from Uroaming
- [Unlimited Data] 4G WiFi for Hong Kong/Macau/Mainland China from Song WiFi (HK Airport 24 Hours Pick Up)
Are you looking for more Hong Kong travel guide and top things to do in Hong Kong: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Hong Kong unique experiences — Top 10 unusual places & unique things to do in Hong Kong and Hong Kong itinerary 3 days — The fullest guide for what to do in Hong Kong for 3 days and Hong Kong 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Hong Kong & What to do in Hong Kong in a day perfectly?