FengJia Night Market
Address: Wenhua Road, Xitun District, Taichung City, Taiwan 407
Hours: 4PM–2AM / Mondays: 4PM–1AM
Phone: +886 4 2451 5940
- Top night markets in Taiwan — Top 11 best night markets in Taiwan
- Rainbow Village Taichung blog — How to get & how to visit the most colorful village in Taichung, Taiwan
- Lukang Taichung blog — Explore the ancient beauty of Lukang Old Street & Molu Lane in Taichung
- Taichung itinerary 1 day — What to do & how to spend one day trip to Taichung from Taipei perfectly?
- Trip to Sun Moon Lake — How to get to Sun Moon Lake from Taichung?
- Take the Taichung bus 135 or ibus 125/22 to Fengjia University stop
- From Taichung Train Station or Luchuan West Street, take the Taichung Bus 35 to Fenjia University stop
- From Luchuan East, take ibus 25/41/45/37/35/25 to Fengjia University stop
Taichung best night market: Yizhong Night Market
Taichung’s largest night market is FengJia and the second largest is Yizhong. Yizhong Night Market is located near National Taichung University of Science and Technology. Only a few hundred meters from the school. So if you take the bus to there, then just choose this university bus stop is okay! Yizhong night market is equally famous as Fengjia night market. The market also has a variety of attractive snacks and beautiful clothes to choose from.
In general, the price in Yizhong night market is a bit cheaper than Fengjia night market. The dishes range from NT$30 ($0.97) to NT$250 ($8.09). Take around the market from the beginning to the end is to ensure full. If you are a fashion lover, go to the market and take some items to home. Shoes and clothing here are many styles, designs and prices are slightly softer than buying at home. Many stalls also quickly update hot Korean trends.
YiZhong night market
Address: Yizhong Street, North District, Taichung City, Taiwan 404
Getting there: From Taichung Train Station, take the Taichung bus 35/41/70/71/100/102 or ibus 1/20/21/25/31/61/105 or ubus 73/83/81 to bus top of National Taichung University of Science and Technology.
Taichung night market blog: Tunghai Night Market
Tunghai Night Market is located on the west of Tunghai University. The size of Tunghai night market is much smaller than Fengjia and Yizhong night markets, only about ⅓ of Yizhong. The customers are mainly students and locals come to shopping, eating, not so many tourists like the two night markets above.
If you want to go to a good night market, not too crowded, noisy, Tunghai is a good choice. Although the market is small, it is just a block of streets longer than 1km but also quite a lot of delicious and affordable snacks. However, there are a lot of traffic here, so please pay a little attention when walking around the market.
Tunghai Night Market
Address: Xinxing Road, Longjing District, Taichung City, Taiwan 433
Hours: Open 24 hours
Getting there: From Taichung Train Station, take the Taichung bus 88/106/147/60/69 to Veterans General Hospital stop; or ibus 30/48/40 to the stop of Tunghai University
Best night market in Taichung: Hanxi Night Market
The little Hanxi Night Market is located in the East District area of Taichung. The market size only has more than 300 stalls. About one third of them are food stalls. The rest are stalls selling essentials, clothes, shoes, toys …
More special. The owners of stalls at Hanxi night market are families with difficult circumstances, low income or people with disabilities. Taichung City has a policy of halving the rent for the stall at Hanxi Night Market to encourage them to integrate and trade in goods. Walking around the Hanxi night market, most people are locals people, there are not many foreign tourists. If you want to explore a market that is not crowded with tourists and locals, the Hanxi night market is a not bad choice.
Hanxi Night Market
Address: Section 1, Hanxi East Road, East District, Taichung City, Taiwan 401
Hours: 6PM–12AM / Monday, Wednesday, Sunday: Closed
Phone: +886 912 466 022
Getting there: From Taichung train station, take the bus 89 to Hanxi E street
Taichung best night market: Taiyuan Night Market
Of the 5 Taichung Night Markets introduced today by Living Nomads, the Taiyuan Night Market is the youngest. Know why not? Taiyuan Night Market is the newest open night market and has the youngest age.
Taiyuan night market starts selling from 5:30PM and lasts until late. The market is designed and planned into separate areas: Gaming area, street food area, delicious food court, … If you go by car, do not worry about not having a parking space because the night market has a super large parking, enough for 500 cars.
Taiyuan Night Market
Address: Section 3, Taiyuan Rd, Beitun District, Taichung City, Taiwan 406
Hours: 5:30PM–12AM / Tuesday, Wednesday: Closed
Phone: +886 908 368 768
Getting there: From Taichung train station, take the bus 75/81 to Yuxian Jianhe stop
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taichung you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taichung
- Private One Way Transfers Between Taichung and Sun Moon Lake
- Private City Transfers Between Sun Moon Lake and Taipei/Taichung
- Shared Transfers between Taichung and Cingjing
- Private One Way City Transfers Between Taichung and Cingjing
- Central Taiwan Private Sightseeing Car Charter
- Gaomei Wetland & Rainbow Military Community
- Taichung Ruins Night Walking Tour
- THSR One Way Ticket to or from Taichung
- Taiwan 4G travel sim with unlimited capacity
- Bus tickets from Taichung to Cingjing and vice versa
- Day tour to Alishan from Taichung
- Day tour to visit Cingjing Farm from Taichung
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you looking for more top things to do in Taichung: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Taichung blog — The fullest Taichung travel guide for a wonderful budget trip to Taichung, Taiwan.