Night Market is a long-standing cultural beauty of Taiwanese people. The night market is not only a place where they come to shop for essentials, but also a place to have fun, eat and meet friends. Traveling across the country of Taiwan, the number of night markets is countless. Each city has its own markets, Taichung City too. Taichung has enough large and small night markets for you to explore. Which night market you should go for tonight? Let Living Nomads list out for you 5 of the most famous Taichung night markets. Now, check it out our Taichung night market blog with the 5 best night market in Taichung (Taichung best night market) to find out your best night market!
- Top night markets in Taiwan — Top 11 best night markets in Taiwan
- Shilin Night Market blog — What to eat at Shilin Night Market Taipei?
- Keelung Miaokou night market — Top 10 Keelung night market must eat foods you should try
- Rainbow Village Taichung blog — How to get & how to visit the most colorful village in Taichung, Taiwan
- Lukang Taichung blog — Explore the ancient beauty of Lukang Old Street & Molu Lane in Taichung
Some small but useful tips for you before walking around night markets in Taichung
- Wear light, neat, and easy to move. Please wear the most comfortable outfits. Because you will need to walk a lot and also have to enjoy the night market food. Wearing wide clothes does not worry about upset stomach and can eat a lot of, hehe.
- The best time to start for an exciting night at the night market is 7PM-8PM. At this time, the shops have opened a lot and the market is busy, bustling. In the afternoon, do not overeat, save your stomach for the evening.
- If you have a lot of miscellaneous items, please store at your hotel first and start exploring the night market.
- Pay attention to line up, do not jostle, push when in the market. Please keep the image polite of an international visitor.
Best night market in Taichung: FengJia Night Market (Feng Chia Night Market)
FengJia Night Market or Feng Chia Night Market is the largest, biggest, most majestic night market in Taichung City! If you go to Taichung without visiting FengJia, you will not fully enjoy the bustling, vibrant, excitement and cultural beauty of Taichung. It must be said that FengJia night market has contributed to building a very beautiful Taichung image in the eyes of tourists from all over the world.
Fengjia Night Market is adjacent to Fengjia University. As expected of Taichung’s largest night market, here gathering together more than 15.000 big and small stalls. The stalls sold all kinds of items: cosmetics, clothes, accessories, souvenirs, food, … The night market is located in the crowded area with students and in the list of the most famous night markets in Taiwan, so you don’t worry about to be overcharged (to charge high prices), fraud or scam.
Fengjia Night Market is crowded until 2AM so you do not have to worry about going out late to visit the market. Except Monday every week the market close earlier at 1AM. Snacks in the market are countless, full of traditional Taiwanese dishes. The most wonderful can be mentioned as stinky tofu (must eat in Taiwan), offal, tanghulu candy, fried noodles sandwich.. Having come to the hometown of bubble milk tea, don’t forget to try this drink too. The pearl bubble milk tea here is sweet and fragrant, with small pearls and the price is only over $1.29/cup. Papaya milk smoothie is also a famous drink in Fengjia night market.