Kaohsiung is the 2nd largest city and the largest port city in Taiwan and also one of the 10 largest seaports in the world (ranked 4th). Not crowded, busy and bustling like Taipei, also not peaceful, serene, tranquil like Hualien, Kaohsiung blends the harmonious beauty of these two lands. With the weather is mild, cooler, more pleasant, the streets are more spacious, airy and fewer people. After a long day of traveling around in Kaohsiung, you suddenly think “Where to go in Kaohsiung at night?” and “what to do in Kaohsiung at night?” (Kaohsiung nightlife, Kaohsiung Taiwan nightlife, nightlife in Kaohsiung Taiwan, nightlife Kaohsiung). Let’s check it out 6 things to do in Kaohsiung at night and best places to visit at night in Kaohsiung to find out the answer!
- Taiwan itinerary 10 days — What to do & How to spend 10 days in Taiwan perfectly?
- Best shopping in Kaohsiung — Top 12 Kaohsiung cheap shopping place & biggest shopping mall in Kaohsiung
- What to eat in Kaohsiung & where to eat in Kaohsiung? — Top 15 Kaohsiung must eat food & best places to try them
- Qishan Kaohsiung — How to visit Qishan Old Street & Meinong Folk Village in one day?
- Kaohsiung blog — The fullest Kaohsiung travel guide blog for a budget trip to Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung nightlife: Shopping and enjoy street food at the night markets
Night market is a cultural characteristic of not only Kaohsiung in particular, but also Taiwan in general. Coming to Kaohsiung, you definitely have to go to the night markets to shopping and enjoy a lot of street food.
In Kaohsiung there are many famous night markets: Rui Feng Night Market (Market specializing in Taiwanese cuisine, street food..), Xin Jue Jiang Night Market (Famous market for clothes, fashion accessories, shoes, sandals..), Liu He night market,…
These markets are centrally located, all easy reach by MRT. Stepping into Rui Feng night market, there are countless delicious food. Remember to try traditional Taiwanese foods such as stinky tofu, bubble milk tea, fried chicken with sauce, fried noodles, … Keep up the slogan “No full, no back!”
Things to do in Kaohsiung at night: Night cruise on the Love River (Takao River)
Love River (Another name is Takao River) flows through the city and empties into the mouth of Kaohsiung sea. The river is associated with the ancient legend of a deeply loving couple, so the river is also known by the locals as the Love River.