Jewel Changi Guide: What to do in Jewel Changi and what’s hot in Jewel Changi?
HSBC Rain Vortex
- How to travel cheap in Singapore? — 3 best way on how to travel around Singapore & cheapest way to get around Singapore
- Singapore Malaysia 5 days itinerary — What to do & suggested 5 days 4 nights Singapore Malaysia itinerary
- Singapore family itinerary — The pefect suggested Singapore 4 day itinerary for family with kids
- Adventure Cove Waterpark Singapore review — What to do & how to get to Adventure Cove Waterpark?
- Michelin Star restaurant Singapore street food — 5 cheap Singapore 1 star Michelin street food stalls you definitely must-try
The image of a waterfall falling from the top of the room in Jewel should have been mentioned a lot on the Internet. HSBC Rain Vortex is considered the symbol of Jewel because it is located in the middle of the area. This is an artificial waterfall with the height of 40 meters and it is the WORLD HIGHEST indoor waterfall.
Where does the water come from to “make” such a massive indoor waterfall? I wonder if anyone is wondering like me? The whole amount of water of the waterfall is from … RAIN. Beneath the waterfall is a large pool of rainwater to be reused for watering trees in Jewel’s area and making the waterfall. So incredible, right?
Shiseido Forest Valley
Besides the waterfall is a green valley with more than 3000 types of plants. These green areas cover all 5 floors and paths, forming an impressive indoor rainforest. You will be walking through the forest on a long perron around the area, taking photos along the way because every corner is green and beautiful.
The temperature of the garden is always maintained at a cool range of 23 degrees Celsius, plus the flying dew, the lively waterfall sounds, you will have an experience exactly the same as entering a real tropical garden.
Singapore’s First Pokémon Center
Where are the Pokémon lovers? Such an amazing impression this place has given me because it is the first Pokémon center in Singapore. And it is also the EXCLUSIVE, single retail store of all things about Pokémon outside of Japan up to now.
Yotel Air Hotel
As I said at the beginning of the post, this is really what I find truly interesting at Jewel. Yotel Air Hotel is located on the 4th floor, lobby H. Including 130 rooms, it is fully equipped with utilities that ensure you a wonderful experience from sleeping to bathing. Ultra-smart room design for individuals, 2 people or even families.
The plus point of Yotel Air is the flexible check-in and check-out time all day and night for passengers to rest before their flights if they need to. You can book a room for short hours (4 hours) or more ANYTIME to have some sleep while waiting for transit. It is expected that Changi will be a trendy transit for long flights in the near future.
Other Special Features
It may take a whole day to list all other special features. Apart from the really impressive things that I mentioned above, Jewel also offers other great benefits similar to the terminals at Changi Airport. Only going there and experiencing it directly can you see how much “primitive” you are because it is so modern. The only thing to be afraid of is not having time to go to every corner and no money to shop. Otherwise, there is nothing that this place doesn’t have.
Jewel has early check-in and luggage counters to give you peace of mind to enjoy sightseeing and dining here without the fear of being late for your flight or leaving your luggage unattended somewhere. Another super plus point is Jewel is open for FREE. Anyone can visit this place no matter if they are flying or not.
And of course, free Wi-fi covers every corner. You can borrow the free backup charger for 12 hours. Rest assured to discover Jewel without being fear of running out of battery. I really don’t understand how people put up enough thoughts for the smallest detail like this!
But this is not the entire thing about Jewel. Although it has been put into operation, there are many more that Jewel has not yet launched such as the slides and the sky nets. How exciting just by listening.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in Singapore and from Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Private City Transfers between Singapore and Johor Bahru
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore All Day Pass
- The Singapore Pass
- [Klook Exclusive] 3 Hours Singapore City Tour
- Singapore Cityscapes Tour
- [Klook Exclusive] Sentosa Island Introductory Tour in Singapore
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G Portable WiFi for Singapore from Uroaming
- 4G WiFi (SG Pick Up) for Europe
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.