In addition, there are several other trails that you can visit including Cypress Forest Trail, Taiwan Hemlock Forest Nature Trail, Maosing Reminiscent Trail, Wangyangshan Trail etc.
- Lanyu Island blog — How to visit & What to do on Lanyu Island Taiwan (Orchid Island Taiwan)?
- Trip to Sun Moon Lake — How to get to Sun Moon Lake from Taichung?
- Taipei night market food — Top 18 best Taipei street food night market you should try
- What to do in Taipei at night? — Top 8 best things to do in Taipei at night you definitely to try
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei
Under the management of Council of Agriculture and at the same time the administrative center of Taipingshan Forest Farm, this place is the hub for offices, facilities, amusement parks and cuisines. This is also a stop for people who are interested in trekking. Built on a slope of the mountain, the villa neighborhood looks like a mysterious town in the middle of the fog and become super incredible during the winter when the snow sweeps across the entire region.
Around the villa neighborhood, there is a road with two lines of maple trees on the sides where you can see their beautiful red leaves if coming here at the right time. Walking on this road leading to Taiwan Cypress forest, you’ll enjoy an organic scent of the trees which is really helpful for your health. However, in order to arrive at the end of the road, you’ll need to climb up 496 stairs. Sounds tiring, but as you’re walking under the trees, you can see the sunlight filtering through maple leaves up above your head, creating a romantic atmosphere and soon you’ll forget how tiring it is. Speaking about the leaves, you don’t necessarily need to wait until autumn to see the beautiful red leaves because the lavender buds during the spring or the white snow covering the road in the winter also make this place look like a magnificent painting.
Jioujhihze Hot Spring
This hot spring was built during the Japanese rule for the lumber workers to take a rest after long hours of work. The spring collects hot water from the cracks on the mountain with the temperature up to 140 degree Celsius, which will decrease to 38-40 degree Celsius and ready for bathing. Containing a lot of minerals, the hot spring will make your skin soft and smooth like a baby’s.
Besides taking a bath, don’t forget to enjoy eggs and corns that are put into a basket and boiled in the hot spring water. Tasty until the last bite.
A couple of useful tips
- Since Taipingshan is situated in the highland so its temperature is always lower compared to the delta. Hence, even if travelling during the summer, you should be prepared with long-sleeve shirt or jacket to keep yourself warm. Besides, Living Nomads also recommends that you wear sneakers to stay warm and avoid injuries due to the long walk.
- There are lots of insects like mosquitos and bugs in the forest, so it is the best to have insect repellent, sunscreen and moisturizer in hand all the time.
- Taipingshan is huge and has a lot of interesting activities, so it is ideal to stay here for 2 days and 1 night to not only have enough time hanging around but also experience one night sleeping on the mountain. On the other hand, it you don’t have time or have a really tight schedule, you can follow the above guide or book a one-day tour visiting Taipingshan at Kkday or Klook. The process is super quick and convenient. As mentioned, the tour only takes 8 hours including transport time and covers all the main attractions at Taipingshan so you won’t have to run around on your own. There will be a professional tour guide and an experienced driver who should arrange everything beforehand to give you the best time exploring this place.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you looking for more Yilan travel guide, top things to do in Yilan: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out: Yilan blog — The fullest Yilan travel guide for a budget trip from Taipei to Yilan, Taiwan.