- Top night market Hong Kong (Night market HK) — Top 10 best night market in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong travel blog — The fullest Hong Kong travel guide blog for a budget trip to Hong Kong for the first-timers
- Hong Kong 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Hong Kong & What to do in Hong Kong in a day perfectly?
- Hong Kong tourist card — 7 useful Hong Kong travel card every traveler must-have
- HK best souvenirs — Top 10 must-have Hong Kong souvenir items
Hong Kong is known as the brand shopping paradise, which also explains why big brands, famous in the world such as Chopard, Rolex, Cartier … are gathering here. Buying a watch in Hong Kong ensures that you will not have to worry about distinguishing the fake goods and the genuine ones.
You can visit the big shopping malls such as:
The Landmark (Address: 8/F, One Exchange Square, Central, Hong Kong / Tel: +852 2500 0555 / Hours: 10AM–10PM)
Time Square (Address: 1 Matheson Street | Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, China / Tel: Tel: (+852) 2118 8888 / Hours: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM)
or the prestigious watch shops in Hong Kong to buy such as:
Oriental Watch (Address: 1 Matheson Street | Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, China / Tel: +852 2893 6088 / Hours: 10:30 a.m. – 09:00 p.m.).
Kowloon Watch (Address: 16 New Tech Plaza, F, No. Hong Kong., 34 Tai Yau St, San Po Kong, Hong Kong / Tel: +852-23917483 / Hours: 9:30AM–6PM, close on Sat and Sun)
Emperor Watch & Jewelry (Address: Shop G15, 2A Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong / Phone: +852 2721 1313 / Hours: 10AM–9:30PM).
Best things to buy in Hong Kong: Jewelry
Hong Kong is the center for producing and designing gold, silver, diamonds, emerald … famous in the world. Therefore, jewelry is a hint for you when you want to buy gifts in Hong Kong for family and friends. Hong Kong is home to dense jewelry stores. Especially the jewelry here is extremely quality, sophisticated and elaborated, sure will be pleased to the women.
Some of the most famous jewelry stores in Hong Kong that you can choose face to send money … are:
Chow Tai Fook (Address: 38/F, New World Tower, 16-18 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong / Tel: (852) 2610 8889)
Chow Tai Seng (Address: Tianbei Garden Skirt Mall, 3rd floor, Wenjin North Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen, HK / Tel: 86 755 6186)
Luk Fook (Address: 687-689 Nathan Rd, Mong Kok, Hong Kong / Phone: +852 2394 8298)
Chow Sang Sang (Address: 525 Hennessy Rd, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong / Phone: +852 2891 2422 / Hours: Mon – Fri: 9AM – 11PM; Sat, Sun and Public Holidays: 11AM – 8PM)
all are located in Tsim Sha Tsui, Mong Kok and Central.
Gemstone, Gold, Silver
If you want to choose the precious stones and jewelry, Hong Kong is the ideal destination. You should go to the Mong Kok area or Jade Market, the products are sold here are famous worldwide thanks to creative design and high quality, handled through skillful hands, talent of experienced artisans along with affordable prices, definitely will be very pleasing visitors.
Address: Junction of Kansu Street and Battery Street, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon
Hours: 11AM–5:45PM. Close on Sundays
Getting there: MTR Yau Ma Tei Station, Exit C.
The porcelain products in Hong Kong is also a hint of what to buy when traveling to Hong Kong. Small figurines, tableware items, porcelain decorating items are all very harmonious and delicate.
According to Hong Kong’s clothing buying experience, Hong Kong fashion gathering some famous brands such as: D&G, Gianfranco Ferre, Harvey Nichols, Levis, Guess … You can visit and shop at shopping center the like The Landmark, Time Square or shopping malls scattered located all over the streets. In addition, you can also purchase 30-70% discount items at Lee Garden Street.
Best things to buy in Hong Kong: Electronics
There are two major shopping areas, Sogo and Mitsukoshi, which are located opposite on the Hennessy Street so you can visit and shopping of electronic items such as Laptop, Phones, Accessories … Especially, the iPod here is cheap and the quality is rated very good, so you can buy it when you come here!
Note the where production when you buy electronics: Electronics is one of the many items that travelers often buy when traveling to Hong Kong. While electronic technology is gearing towards the global standards, but there are still some differences. For example, some recorders only work on NTSC (USA), PAL (Hong Kong, Australia, UK and most European countries) or SECAM (France, Russia). Therefore, you should carefully review and consider before buying to return to your country still use normally. In addition, despite of the fact that most nowadays electronics can automatically switch power between 110V and 220V, but you should ask the seller carefully before buying to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding.
The 100 Hong Kong dollar (HK$ 100)
Why do not you own a red Hong Kong dollar banknote printed the symbol of Hong Kong and put into your purse for non-payment purposes? You can buy a new dollar banknote from an exchange counter or directly ask the tour guide for this.
Name Seal (Name Stamp)
Add a great gift not only for you but also your relatives, the name seal is the seal made by stone with your name which translated into Chinese and engraved on it. Surely, there is nothing more make you feel more important when you put your name on the documents by your name seal. You can visit the Man Wa Street in Sheung Wan to find the seal you are most satisfied with.
A few useful notes when shopping in Hong Kong
- If you are a devotee of cosmetic, fashion and often go shopping, you remember attention to the super sales season in Hong Kong (sometimes reduced up to 70%). Sales season in Hong Kong has three periods: from Christmas lasts to Chinese New Year , May and June to August. On these times the stores in Hong Kong have extremely sales promotions, so also attracted a large number of tourists, even indigenous people go shopping.
- When shopping at electronics stores or markets, there are some places not list price on the product, so to avoid overcharge, you remember take a round the stores to compare prices before buying. In addition, remember to deftly bargain with the store owner will still be reduced more. Remember to bargain around 20-30% of the listed price.
- Purchases in Hong Kong are only guaranteed in Hong Kong is quite popular. So when you buy, you remember to return the warranty card to the distributor to be redeemed for the global warranty card.
- Some shopping malls are visited by many tourists and affordable price, as well as full of goods ranging from popular to luxury such as Causeway Bay, Lee Garden Street, at night you can going to Mongkok or Temple Market.
- Pay attention when paying by Credit Card: Many tourists prefer to pay by Credit Card because of its convenient, especially when traveling. However, payment by Credit Card can increase the invoice value from 3% – 5% in some stores, shopping centers. This is not strictly regulated with the card issuing bank. Therefore, you need to check the purchase invoice thoroughly before leaving to not lose money unfairly.
- HK blog (Hong Kong blog) — The fullest Hong Kong travel guide blog for a budget trip to Hong Kong for the first-timers.
- Ocean Park Hong Kong blog — The fullest Ocean Park HK review & guide for a wonderful trip to Ocean Park HK.
- Hong Kong street food blog — Top 7 best street foods in Hong Kong you must eat for the first time.
- Kowloon itinerary — How to spend one day in Kowloon, Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong unique experiences — Top 10 unusual places & unique things to do in Hong Kong.
- Hiking in Hong Kong — Top 6 best & easy hiking trails in Hong Kong.
- Ngong Ping itinerary — How to enjoy a day in Ngong Ping Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong budget hotel review — 6 budget hotels in Hong Kong you should stay.
- Best theme park in Hong Kong — Explore top 5 most amazing amusement parks in Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong itinerary 3 days — The fullest guide for what to do in Hong Kong for 3 days.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Hong Kong you can refer to
- Private MPV Hong Kong International Airport Transfers (HKG) for Hong Kong (Group of 6)
- Shared Coach Transfers from HKG Airport to Hong Kong Hotels
- Private Hong Kong International Airport Tesla Transfers (HKG) for Hong Kong (Group of 3)
- Shared Shuttle Bus Transfers between Hong Kong International Airport and Hong Kong Island & Kowloon
- [Buy 2 Get 1] Outlet Shopping and Sightseeing Day Tour
- Macau Sightseeing Day Tour (Hong Kong/Macau Departure)
- iVenture Hong Kong and Macau Attractions Pass
- Hong Kong Big Bus Unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tours
- Hong Kong Disneyland Park 1-Day Ticket and Meal Coupon Combo
- Hong Kong Airport Express & 72-hour Unlimited MTR Travel Pass
- MTR Tourist Day Pass
- [SALE] Peak Tram Fast-Track Combo
- Hong Kong TramOramic Tour
- [QR Code Direct Entry] Peak Tram Sky Pass (Peak Tram + Sky Terrace 428)
- Hong Kong Octopus Card (HK Airport Pick Up)
- 3G/4G Prepaid SIM Card (HK Airports Pick Up) for Hong Kong
- [Unlimited Data for 5 Days] 4G SIM Card for Hong Kong from YSIM(HK Airport Pick Up)
- [Unlimited Data] 4G Portable WiFi for Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau from Uroaming
- [Unlimited Data] 4G WiFi for Hong Kong/Macau/Mainland China from Song WiFi (HK Airport 24 Hours Pick Up)
Are you looking for more Hong Kong travel guide and top things to do in Hong Kong: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Hong Kong unique experiences — Top 10 unusual places & unique things to do in Hong Kong and Hong Kong itinerary 3 days — The fullest guide for what to do in Hong Kong for 3 days and Hong Kong 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Hong Kong & What to do in Hong Kong in a day perfectly?