If you are preparing for your first trip to Patong, it will be a little difficult to decide where to stop for your first trip to this bustling sea city. This 2.5 km long beach is famous for its shopping and vibrant nightlife. Nowhere else in Phuket there are many attractions or restaurants like this place. This article will make your decisions easier at a glance. Are you looking for best things to do in Patong beach Phuket and what to do in Patong beach Phuket (including Patong beach activities, Patong beach nightlife, shopping…). Let’s check it out our Patong blog, Patong beach reviews (Patong beach Phuket reviews) and the fullest of Patong travel guide (Patong beach travel guide) with Living Nomads below.
- Explore Keemala resort — The beautiful Keemala’s Bird’s Nest in Phuket
- Pattaya tourist attractions — Top 10 best places to visit in Pattaya
- Top beaches in Koh Phangan — Top 9 best beaches in Koh Phangan, Thailand
- Top beaches in Phuket — Top 8 best beaches in Phuket you should not miss
- Where to stay in Phuket? — 10 best places to stay & best areas to stay in Phuket
Living Nomads will show some suggestions for the best places to explore and have fun when you travel to Patong for the first time through our Patong beach reviews, Patong beach guide and Patong blog.
What to do in Patong beach area: Top 5 best things to do in Patong beach area, Phuket
1. Relax and sunbathe on Patong Beach
2. Explore the nightlife on Bangla Road
3. Join an aquatic activity such as windsurfing or paragliding
4. Enjoy fresh seafood at the local restaurant
5. Go shopping at a large shopping center
Patong Beach is three kilometers long with the golden sand beach maybe the most famous beach in Phuket. This is a good place to observe everything or participate in activities such as swimming, parasailing, water motorcycling. Along Patong beach, full of trolleys and peddlers with a variety of food, drink, snacks and ice cream. You can also find sarongs, beach rugs, sunglasses, handmade souvenirs, and much more.
The best time to travel to Patong beach is from November to April (during the North-east monsoon) because the water is very calm and quiet. From May to October (in the south-west monsoon) the waves are bigger and the waves become more dangerous. Although it may be possible to swim for some days, you must always keep an eye out for dangerous red flags before swimming.
Patong beach reviews: Activities at the beach
- The good places for playing snorkel are located in the northern end of Patong Beach and can be easily snorkeled.
- Thai massage is available and is the extremely affordable price.
- Patong Beach is a paradise for jetski and paragliding. Employees can be found a few operators for hundred meters away, especially at the end of Bangla Road
- Other activities such as banana boat, windsurfing are also popular.
- You can rent kayaks and windsurfing equipment. The best place to surf at Patong Beach is in the north, where the waves are quite big, fast and windy.
- Loma Park is a public park located in the north of the area and in the middle of Patong beach. You can easily find a children’s amusement park with games such as horse riding, Ferris wheel and other outdoor games that children can climb and play.
- Surf House Patong Beach is a lively surfing spot located on Patong Beach Road. The price here is about 31 dollars per hour. You can also spend 218 dollars for a separate lane if you do not want to be disturbed by other racers.
Patong nightlife is like cherries – the best part of the cake, for those who are looking for a pleasant time on the tropical coast. Patong is the center of Phuket with many restaurants, shops, and nightlife venues.
Bangla Road becomes lively after sunset. The road stopped car traffic and became a nightclub with neon lights stretching up to 400 meters, the music open at full capacity and cheap beer. Most of the time, the evening is always crowded, but it’s fun and bustling when you walk along Bangla’s walking street, watch street shows and watch great clubs. If you are looking for an exciting night out in Phuket, Bangla Road should be your first (or often) stop.
You simply can not miss the Tiger Disco: this massive complex of 3 floors with more than 5,000 square meters. The building is decorated with cement concrete tigers overlooking the street from the 2nd floor.
Seduction Complex: is the largest nightlife place in Patong Beach. Located right in the middle of Phuket’s most popular resort, the Seduction Complex has more than five fashionable places, ultra-modern and clean shopping malls with the capacity up to 3,000 guests.
Illuzion Show & Discotheque: has 3 main areas: dance floor, VIP lounge and large balcony. With EDM and hip-hop music played on the first-class sound system, it deserves to be one of the most popular nightclubs in Phuket.
Paradise Beach Club Phuket: is a large and expanding party venue, located on Paradise Beach in a secluded bay, a short distance from Patong Beach. There are shops, restaurants, entertainment activities and great beach parties.
Simon Cabaret: combines excellent choreography and great costumes, dramas will be changed continuously and a beautifully decorated stage. Transvestite performers who have the skills to dance and sing along with great stage performances will definitely make you satisfied.
Bangla Boxing Stadium: is the newest Muay Thai arena on Patong Beach. Originally, Bangla Boxing was built on Bangla Road on a smaller scale and it retained the old name after moving to a new location opposite Banzaan Market on Sai Kor Street. VIP seats are placed in the first row around the area and tickets for each seat are available for 78 dollars. Seats with a belt are 62 dollars and 53 dollars for normal tickets. The matches start at 9 pm and continue until midnight.
Patong beach reviews: Shopping
Standing in the city center, looking opposite Bangla Street, you can see Jungceylon Shopping Complex has been changed the face of shopping in Patong. This shopping paradise has over 200 stores selling clothing, frames, sunglasses, cosmetics, fragrances, shoes, DVDs, video games, cell phones, and accessories, electronics. In addition, it is an excellent entertainment paradise with 5 SF cinemas and a 16-lines bowling area, perfect for rainy days or to escape the heat of the day.
Many visitors will love exploring Banzaan Market in Patong, a fresh Thai food market, on Sai Kor Road, just behind Jungceylon. The things you would expect from a local market are all here. Prices are very reasonable.
Malin Plaza Patong: is a crowded and noisy shopping mall in Phuket, including the famous markets offering impressive souvenirs but the soft price, especially cool, airy space and a range of cheap foods is available in the surrounding area. Although in general, Malin Plaza Patong is not as crowded as Phuket’s weekend markets, but the shopping and nightlife activities in this market are still crowded and high appreciated.
SB Plaza in Phuket: is a great souvenir shop, with many choices for visitors to Patong. Located in the heart of the city, between the large Jungceylon shopping area and the Sleep With Me Design Hotel along Rat-U-Thit, SB Plaza is the perfect choice by the small counters, sell many kinds of products.
Banana Walk: is Patong’s newest shopping mall and just 100 meters south of Soi Bangla Beach Road, right next to Banana Disco. Shopping, dining, and cosmetics are the three spikes of this vast three-story complex, where you can find anything related to dining or shopping.
Patong Hotel: The Patong area is very cheap, and you can find budget hotels ranging from 10 – 15 dollars to VIP hotels, but at a very affordable price, Phuket is Thailand’s most popular holiday resort.
The Nap Patong: is a beautiful hotel with all the modern facilities to meet all your needs. The staffs are always ready to serve when you need something. Just 5 minutes walk to Patong beach. It is very nice and located in the center.
La Flora: is a new hotel, located in the center of Patong, right on the beach (not many hotels in Patong are so well located), with many sea view rooms. Just open the door and you can see the beach in front of you.
Amari Coral Beach Resort: If you can spend more money, you can rest at Amari Coral Beach Resort. Get yourself out of the bustling and noisy beach of Patong but still in the center. The rooms are comfortable, the pool is beautiful and the view from the room is so excellent!
Yorkshire Hotel and Spa: is small, friendly, very comfortable to stay after exploring the nightlife, shopping, dining, etc with a good price!
Burasari Resort: is located just south of center Patong, near the Holiday Inn. Just a few minutes’ walks to the beach, Burasari has deluxe rooms in the “Mood Suites” collection such as Smooth Whiskey, Tropical Dream, and Blue Breeze.
What to eat in Patong? Must – try the excellent food and the best restaurants in Patong
The seafood restaurant Patong Seafood Restaurant is the place to have a great seafood dinner. A plentiful menu, including ordinary Thai dishes such as Tom Yum Talay, green curry, curry with cooked coconut milk, as well as special kinds of seafood such as fried shrimp served with chili sauce.
Seahag Restaurant: is one of the famous restaurants on Patong Beach specializing in seafood and Thai food, located along Soi Wattana Road, very close to the beach. Prices are more expensive than most other restaurants in Patong Beach, but you will enjoy many of the freshest seafood.
Pan Yaah: is located along the road to Kamala Beach and offers panoramic views of Patong Bay. It is a romantic place to visit, especially when you sit at the table by the window to watch the sunset. You can enjoy all the famous Thai dishes – such as Thai spicy salad, red beef curry, chicken green curry chicken, Thai Pad and Tom Yum Kung.
Kaab Gluay restaurant: Prices at the Kaab Gluay restaurant are affordable with a seafood menu that includes savory crab with curry powder, sweet yogurt and steamed shrimp with a variety of sauces.
A simple and quiet eatery, a short distance from the beach, No.9 offers an impressive menu of Thai and international dishes at reasonable prices, making it the choice of many visitors as well as save local people.
The Paradise Food Court has the variety of seafood restaurants. There are many kinds of seafood dishes, especially here also serve some European dishes
Situated along Rat-U-Thit Road, close to Siam Commercial Bank Building, Aroonsom Patong Food Park features a range of seafood restaurants that are open only in the evening.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Phuket you can refer to
- (All Areas Inclusive) Private Phuket International Airport Transfers (HKT) for Phuket by Thai Rhythm
- Private Transfers for Phuket City and Surrounding Attractions
- Private City Transfers between Phuket and Nearby Cities
- Shared Van Transfer from Phuket International Airport (HKT) to Phuket
- Phuket City Sightseeing Day Tour
- Phuket Custom Full Day Tour
- Phuket Adventure Day Tour
- Phuket City Introduction Half Day Tour
- Phuket Custom Tour: Racha Island, Phi Phi Island, Phuket Fantasea, Dolphin Show, and More
- Phi Phi Islands and Maya Bay Day Tour in Phuket
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand