Germany is not only famous for its beer but also for its white asparagus dish, sweet rote grutze fruit jam or soft Pretzel cake.
- Guide to rail transport in Germany — Germany train guide & How to travel in Germany by train?
- How to get around Berlin cheap? — 5 best way to get around Berlin & how to travel around Berlin
- Berlin travel blog — The fullest Berlin travel guide blog for a great budget trip to Berlin for the first-timers
- Miyagi food blog — 4 foods you definitely must-try & where to taste them in Miyagi
- Michelin Star restaurant Singapore street food — 5 cheap Singapore 1 star Michelin street food stalls you definitely must-try
If you want to eat something for fun, let choose schnitzel which is made from small pieces of bread and dried meat. The meat used in this dish is pork or chicken, but veal is the most popular.
Also called as potato salad which is easy for digestion. Unlike the American, the German mix salad with vinegar and soy mustard sauce.
Frittatensuppe is a kind of beef cooked with the “noodles” which are cut from pancakes.
Sold in bakeries all over Germany, pretzel (or bretzel) is a perfect tasty snack. These snack are soft inside and crispy outside, as opposed to cakes in America.
5. Schwarzwalder kirschtorte
Schwarzwalder kirschtorte is one of the most elaborate cakes in Germany. The name means Black Forest. This cake is made from chocolate, cream, buttermilk and cherry.
From April to the end of June in Germany, you will have a chance to enjoy sparel dish (asparagus). White asparagus is a type of vegetable that German favors to the “obsessive” level.
A dish made from beef which is popular all over Germany is rindsrouladen, consisting of thin steak covered with salt pork and onions, sometimes added with epickles. Rotkohl (braised red cabbage) is also served as a component of this dish.
8. Rote grutze
Rote grutze is a jam made from berries like blueberries, raspberries or strawberries. It is usually served with vanilla sauce or yogurt.
Well-known in both Germany and Austria, kaiserschmarm is a kind of pancake chopped with caramel, served with sugar and fruit jam.
10. Doner kebab
Although originated from Turkey, doner kebab is also a popular street food in Germany. This cake includes a pita (Arabic bread) rolled with meat, vegetables and many kinds of sauces.