Less than forty years since the savagery and slaughter of war, Vietnam is buoyant with hope. In a series of images, travel photographer Todd Weselake focuses on what life is like today in this resilient country—a land of breathtaking natural beauty with a unique heritage.
- Hoi An photo walks — 10+ beautiful photos show the many sides of life in Hoi An, Vietnam
- 25+ vibrant photos of Hanoi make your heart race
- 15+ spectacular moments of Vietnam make you fall in love with
- 29+ Bhutan photos revealed the beauty of the happiest country in the world
- Cormorant fishing Guilin — Meet the legendary fishermen of Li river
Text & photos by Todd Weselake
Vietnam welcomed me in with a blur of beautiful smiles, exotic flavours, and intense scooter rides. Rising up from the devastation of the Vietnam War, the Vietnamese people have rallied with grace and resilience to embrace tourism to become one of the fastest-growing emerging economies in the world.
From the early morning food markets to the meals made at the hands of our homestay hosts, Vietnam offered, hands down, the best food out of any of the 30 countries I’ve visited. I was enticed by some of the freshest, tastiest, and most unique ingredients I’ve ever experienced. The 10 days I spent there were packed with authentic adventures and experiences of an enchanting and colourful culture.
Read more Vietnam travel guide at here.