Not only beautiful and close to nature, Chiang Mai is also an ideal place to take “artistic photos” – Here are 10 places that are worth visiting Chiang Mai this summer. That is not Bangkok or Singapore, but Chiang Mai is truly the hottest destinations this summer. Cheap expenses, peaceful natural surroundings, delicious food, unique festivals … there are many reasons why Chiang Mai can not be ignored in your “bucket list”. So, where are the worthy places to experience when visiting Chiang Mai, where to go in Chiang Mai and where should I go in Chiang Mai? Let’s check it out 10 beautiful and must-visit places in Chiang Mai, best places to visit in Chiang Mai and must go places in Chiang Mai to find out the answer!
- Top places to visit in Chiang Mai — Top 19 most famous, beautiful, must go & best places to visit in Chiang Mai
- Top 4 best temples in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Mai Thailand blog — The fullest Chiang Mai travel guide & What to do in Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai blog — The super Chiang Mai travel guide for first-timers
- Saturday Night Market Chiang Mai review — Experience one of most vibrant & best night markets in Chiang Mai
Best places to visit in Chiang Mai: Cactus Nursery Botanic Garden
This is a very famous cactus nursery in Chiang Mai, with thousands of species of cacti and other plants here. Most of them are nursed in a clear glass house, making you feel as if you were lost in the miniature world of gardens.
The glass bridge designed for visitors to come to the botanical garden.
From cactus bushes, the little flowers and glass bridge … all bring you the feeling of peace and cool.
To get here, you find the way to the Namprae village (17,5km from Chiang Mai Airport). These signs will show you the way. The garden is open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm each day.
Where to go in Chiang Mai: Pha Chor
Pha Chor is formed from an extremely interesting natural phenomenon of Ping River.
The river changed its current over time, made the land here through erosion creating blocks of rock having strange shapes.
It is also known here as “a miniature version of the Grand Canyon”.
30 km south of the Mae Wang National Park, Pha Chor literally appears as a Canyon – a big mountain cleft.
Here’s full of huge rocky mountain ranges with the height of up to 30 meters, interspersed with trees and wildlife.
To get there, it takes you out the 2-hour drive from Chiang Mai, goes straight toward Doi Inthanon National Park.
Must-visit places in Chiang Mai: Kao Mai Lanna Resort
The resort in Chiang Mai seems to be in the heart of natural landscape, and Kao Mai Lanna Resort is one of them.
It consists of wooden houses covered with green vines, surrounded by verdant vegetation – this is indeed a perfect choice if you want to enjoy yourself in nature.
Kao Mai Lanna is 17.9 km from Dokmai Garden and 18.3 km from Baan Tawai Village.
Wat Khua Mung and Chiang Mai Night Safari are also located within 25 km distance, very convenient for tourists to visit.
The cheapest room’s price here is from over 1 million VND (equivalent to about 50 dollars). The highest price is more than 4 million VND (equivalent to about 200 dollars).
Where should I go in Chiang Mai: Grand Canyon
If the US has well-known for its Grand Canyon, Chiang Mai also owns a similar wonder.This attraction is considered a must-see place when traveling to Chiang Mai.
Discovered a few years ago, Grand Canyon has drawn many tourists thanks to its magnificent and pristine scenery. They come here for shooting, swimming, sunset-watching.
5. Wat Ton Kwen
Wat Kwen Ton is one of the temples that you can not miss in the dense string of temples in Chiang Mai.
The traditional architecture and the rich history, especially the sacredness, all have made the temple become the popular destination for believers as well as foreign tourists.
6. Wat Umong
With over 700 years of history, Wat Umong is one of the oldest monuments in Thailand. Around the temple, there are tropical gardens with verdant lawns, various vegetation, all make the air here more fresh and cool.
In addition, there are fish and turtles raised in a large pond in the middle of the garden.
The most distinctive feature is the ancient tunnel here – leading to the airport at the foothills of Doi Suthep.
This is considered one of the most impressive underground architectures.
7. Studio Naenna
Located at the foot of Doi Suthep Mountain, this is a place that quite well known for textiles and apparel made from the unique fabric. Here, you can see in your eye how to make the fabric by hands of the artist, with 100% completely raw materials from nature. Naenna has been established since 1988 and is currently still on the rise.
8. InClay Studio
This is the pottery studio located on the road Suthep of Chiang Mai. Of course, there’s nothing here than ceramics and some hand-made furniture.
However, all are enough to make a wonderful background for the artistic photos, as well as for your experience, right?
9. Wat Baan Kang
This is called “one village full of art” of Chiang Mai because seemingly artists live here.
You can easily find the picture shops, coffee shops, galleries, studios … generally all kind of what is artistic, even the Yoga classes. Most of the artists highly appreciate traditional crafts of Thailand.
10. Jibberish Homemade Shop
This is a handmade shop in Chiang Mai, selling everything from clothes, bags, photo frames … especially all are handmade.
The shop’s predominant colors are white and blue, along with the eye-catching decoration, just look like images on a certain magazine.
Coming here, you will be spoiled yourself for shopping and photography.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Chiang Mai you can refer to
- Private Chiang Mai International Airport Transfers (CNX) for Chiang Mai and More
- Private Chiang Mai International Airport Transfers (CNX) for Chiang Mai by Thai Rhythm
- Private City Transfers between Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai
- Private City Transfers for Chiang Mai
- Private City Transfers between Chiang Mai and Pai by Thai Rhythm
- Private Chiang Mai International Airport Transfers (CNX) for Chiang Rai
- Private City Transfers between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai
- Chiang Mai City & Temples Half Day Tour by Tour East
- Chiang Rai One Day Tour from Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep-Chiang Mai City Temple Tour
- Classic Chiang Mai Doi Suthep Half Day Tour
- Chiang Mai Custom Tour: Chiang Mai Night Safari, Doi Suthep, Elephant Sanctuary, Zipline Adventure, and More
- Private Car Charter Between Chiang Mai and Pai
- Doi Inthanon National Park Day Tour in Chiang Mai
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Chiang Mai travel guide and top things to do in Chiang Mai? Let’s read: Chiang Mai travel blog — The fullest Chiang Mai travel guide for a great trip to the “Rose of the North” of Thailand.