When will Hue Festival 2016 take place?
With the theme “710th anniversary of Thuan Hoa – Phu Xuan – Thua Thien – Hue – Cultural Heritage with Integration and Development”, the 9th Hue Festival will take place from April 29 to May 04 2016.
- Charming Hanoi and Hue at night on the lens of a French photographer
- Hue food — 11 traditional cakes & sweet soups in Hue you can’t miss
- 10+ pictures revealed the hidden beauty of ancient Hue city
- Hue nightlife — Top 8 things to do in Hue, Vietnam at night
- Exploring Nguyen Dynasty’s royal antiques in Hue, Vietnam
The Grand Opening Ceremony of Hue Festival 2016 will be held on the evening of April 29 in Ngo Mon – Ky Dai Square.
Many exciting programs in the 9th Hue Festival 2016
After 8 times hosting, the 9th Hue Festival 2016 will continue to be an opportunity to promote Hue tourism potential – as a heritage city, a cultural city, a festival city, a typical tourist city of Vietnam; as well as promote Vietnamese culture to the world.
Within the framework of the 9th Hue Festival, there will be a meeting of the Forum for East Asia – Latin American Cooperation (FEALAC). In addition, foreign art troupes of five continents will participate in Hue Festival 2016.
Many special arts programs and festivals will be showcased in 6 days including Opening arts program; Te Giao festival; Royal night; the program introducing traditional art of Hue; the art performances of domestic and international unions; Street Festival “Heritage and colorful culture of East Asia – Latin America”; Festival of “Ancient village”; Festival “Country Market”; Trinh Cong Son’s Music Program; “Brilliant Menstruation” Ao Dai performance program”…
Organization Board said that so far there have been 18 countries officially confirmed participation including France, Belgium, Russia, Britain, Denmark, Poland, Morocco, China, South Korea, Japan, Israel, Sri Lanka, Australia, USA, Mexico, Chile, Colombia …
In which, there are several famous art troupes such as: L’Homme Debout street art delegation, Par Terre contemporary dance and hip-hop, Fuzeta Par Terre music band (France), Cancer band (Denmark), Amurskie time Zori folk dance group (Russia), Anna Calvi singer (UK), Takamine Hisae (Okinawa, Japan), Halleluja folk dance group (Israel), Vinyasa folk dance group from Academy of Fine Arts (Sri Lanka), Della Mae music band (USA) …
In addition, dozens of domestic art groups will continue to participate, promise unique programs such as Hue Royal Arts Theatre, Thang Long Ca Tru Guild – Hanoi, the Bong Sen Music Hall Ho Chi Minh City, Central Music Hall, Cleopatra dance group…
Especially, the 9th Hue Festival 2016 will focus on exploiting the traditional culture to reaffirm the reputation of the Hue Festival that has been built up over the years.
There will also be exhibitions, kite and calligraphy displays, scientific workshops, street music and arts performances, together with sports, cuisine, and tourism promotion events.
The Hue Festival 2016 offers a marvelous chance for exchanges among representative art genres from different cultures in the world and the quintessence of Vietnam’s cultural and artistic heritage, especially those of Hue.
Many stunning traditional and contemporary art performances of Vietnam and from other countries will be staged inside the Citadel, An Dinh Palace and in other open venues within the city.
The Hue Festival 2016 awaits travelers from near and far with enjoyable and inspiring experiences
Hue Festival 2016: Festivities and Key Events
Many excellent art performances will be taken place during the Hue Festival 2016.
– Grand Opening Ceremony (20h00 of April 29, 2016) at Noon Gate Square;
– Artistic programs of domestic and international art troupes (19h30 from April 30 to May 3, 2016) at stages inside the Citadel and An Dinh Palace;
– Imperial Night spectacle (19h30 of May 1&3, 2016) inside the Citadel;
– Presentation of the Quintessence of Hue’s traditional arts (19h30 of April 30, 2016) at Kim Long village;
– Buddhist Celebration of Universal Illumination (20h00 of May 1, 2016) Nghinh Luong Pavilion;
– Street performances entitled “Heritage and Cultural Colors of East Asia and Latin America” (May 1&3, 2016) on the streets of Hue city;
– Nam Giao Offering Ritual (0h05 of April 29, 2016) at Nam Giao Esplanade;
– “Fragrance of Ancient Village” Festivity (from May 1 to May 2, 2016) in Phuoc Tich ancient village – Phong Dien district;
– “Rural Market on Festive Days” Festivity (from April 30 to May May 4, 2016) at Thanh Toan Roofed Bridge – Huong Thuy district;
– Children’s Fiesta themed “The Colors of Childhood” (from April 30 to May 2, 2016) at Hue Children’s House and Nguyen Van Troi Park;
– Trinh Cong Son’s Music Concert (May 1, 2016) at Trinh Cong Son Park;
– Ao Dai Grand Show (April 30, 2016) at Quoc Hoc Square;
– Closing Ceremony (20h00 of May 4, 2016) at Noon Gate Square.
Where to stay?
Hotels in Hue is very diverse with many different types of rooms. You can easily choose a proper hotel depending on your budget. Here are some hotels that are favored by visitors recently.
1. New Star Hotel Hue
- Address: 36 Chu Van An Street, Hue, Vietnam
- Information about New Star Hotel Hue
New Star Hotel is located in the center of the Hue city, just away from the Perfume River a few steps. You can get easy access to the shopping malls, tourist attractions, and restaurants.
With its convenient location, modern architecture, excellent and diverse services. New Star Hotel promises to bring memorable moments when you visit Hue ancient capital.
With 56 luxury rooms and other services such as restaurant, spa, … will offer you the best relaxation. You will be impressed by the perfect design and decoration, spacious and comfortable rooms, just like at home.
See more about New Star Hotel
2. Imperial Hotel Hue
- Address: 8 Hung Vuong Boulevard, Hue, Vietnam.
- Information about Imperial Hotel Hue
Imperial Hotel Hue is located in the central of Hue city – the Central Vietnam is the convergence of two ecosystems: the north and the south, is the land of the hills, plains, rivers and seas make up a lot of scenery with beautiful natural landscapes.
Imperial Hotel Hue is the first 5-star hotel in Hue, located in the heart of the city, abreast the Huong River, within very close proximity to the well-known destinations of this world heritage city.
Imperial Hotel Hue has 194 rooms, including 168 deluxe rooms, 20 Junior Suites, 2 Imperial Suites, 1 Presidential Suite and 3 fully-equipped apartments; in which, two floors with 36 non-smoking rooms.
See more about Imperial Hotel Hue
3. Hue Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa
- Address: 588 Bui Thi Xuan Street, Thuy Bieu District, Perfume River, Hue, Vietnam.
- Information about Hue Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa
Located in the lovely area of Perfume River, Hue Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa enjoys a commanding position in the restaurants, sightseeing, culture hub of Hue.
The excitement of the city center is only 5 km away. For sightseeing options and local attractions, one need not look far as the hotel enjoys close proximity to Hue City Hospital, Phu Cam Church, Bao Quoc Pagoda.
Offering hotel guests superior services and a broad range of amenities, Hue Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa is committed to ensuring that your stay is as comfortable as possible.
For the comfort and convenience of guests, the hotel offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms, 24-hour security, daily housekeeping, gift/souvenir shop, 24-hour front desk.
Experience high-quality room facilities during your stay here. Some rooms include television LCD/plasma screen, internet access – wireless, internet access – wireless (complimentary), air conditioning, wake-up service, provided to help guests recharge after a long day.
The complete list of recreational facilities is available at the hotel, including boats, hot tub, fitness center, outdoor pool, fishing. Superb facilities and an excellent location make the Hue Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa the perfect base from which to enjoy your stay in Hue.
See more about Hue Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa
4. Eldora Hotel Hue
- Address: 60 Ben Nghe Street, Hue City, Hue, Vietnam.
- Information about Eldora Hotel Hue
Officially opened in April 2014. Located right in the city center, Eldora Hotel Hue is a perfect starting point for the discovery journey to Hue. Free Wi-Fi access is available throughout the hotel.
The building is 800 m from the well-known Notre Dame Cathedral. An Dinh Palace and Trang Tien Bridge are both 1 km away. Da Nang International Airport is 80 km from the hotel.
During a day, you can enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the gym, indoor pool, massage. Eldora Hotel is an ideal place for travelers seeking comfort and convenience in Hue.
At Eldora Hotel, the luxurious guestrooms are decorated in chic interiors and feature neoclassical-style furnishing.
With a unique style, spacious rooms and, along with perfect services, Eldora Hotel Hue will be an ideal destination for all travelers whichever purposes are.
There are 81 rooms with 48 Deluxe City View, 21 Deluxe Panorama View and 12 Deluxe River View are decorated with full amenities, with excellent services.
See more about Eldora Hotel Hue
Read more Hue travel guide at here.