Tucked in the north of Morocco, there is a small town called Chefchaouen. This unusual place can be safely called a ’blue dream,’ since the old part of it is filled with buildings painted in all shades of blue — from baby blue to aquamarine.
- Exploring the peaceful life of people on Inle Lake, Burma
- 10+ beautiful pictures of autumn season show weaves ‘yellow carpets’ around the world
- 20+ photos show the beauty of manhole covers in Japan
- 16+ photos show the beautiful of sunscapes in the Sea of Cortez, Mexico
- 13+ photos that show the many sides of life on the streets of Havana
This unusual coloring was introduced by Jewish refugees, who believed that the more you look at anything blue, the more often you think about heaven and God. The tradition caught on, becoming a signature feature of the old part of town.
See more: 10 reasons why you should visit Morocco
Living Nomads invites you to take a walk down the narrow streets of this otherworldly place through series gorgeous photos of Chefchaouen village.