Kuala Lumpur is a shopper’s paradise with more malls, big international brands, and local designers than you can sneeze at. But sometimes, generic labels just don’t cut it. Here’s a list of four places you can go to for some edgier fashions, cooler vibes, and just an all-round different shopping experience – plus an extra shop that treads the line between mainstream fashion and indie cool.
- Where to shop in Kuala Lumpur? — 8 best places & best shopping malls in Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur travel blog — The fullest KL guide for first-timers
- 2 days in Kuala Lumpur itinerary — How to spend 48 hours in KL & what to do in Kuala Lumpur for 2 days?
- Top cafes in KL — 10 best coffee shops & best cafes in Kuala Lumpur
- Day trips from KL — 8 best day trips from Kuala Lumpur you should take
A no-brainer for some, the neighbourhood of Bangsar was and still is the ultimate destination for quirkier shops. You can spend hours discovering interesting items in I Love Snackfood, a concept store which stocks products both local and international, all of which are curated as a ‘collection of happy things’.
Visit other gems like The Offday for rarer international options like Supreme and for premium Malaysian brands, or head to Pestle & Mortar for some casual lifestyle fashion and Malaysian designer love.
59000 Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur’s best artsy mall, Publika is the place to go if you have a hankering for some creative vibes. Home to a host of independent boutiques and cafes, Publika will catch your attention with its décor — sculptures pepper the grounds — and with their unique range of stores.
If you’re not sure where to start, we’d recommend heading to Allien for some cool urban fashion and accessories from stylist and designer Allien Gan and to Ben’s Independent Grocer to ogle the gastronomic delights on display.
The district of Subang, especially around SS15 and SS17, is fast becoming a hipster enclave (in the good way). Not only are there plenty of cafes to satisfy your coffee and social media addictions, shopaholics can venture off the beaten path for some retail therapy as well.
Visit Pattern Store for clothing from labels like Obliq and Supreme or simply to browse their selection of stationery, magazines, and vintage cameras. Try on some denim at the city cool Nusantara Denims or streetwear at 17Gallery before picking up a record or CD at Teenage Head Records.
47500, Selangor Malaysia
4. Major Drop
It’s difficult not to be drawn to Sunway Pyramid Shopping Centre’s multi-label store, Major Drop. The ambient lights and edgy atmosphere play up the vast array of items in store and you can practically feel your shopping senses come alive once you lay eyes on it.
Stocked with over 50 international brands, this chain brings in labels that are rare in Kuala Lumpur and has everything from sunglasses to shoes. There are big wigs like Herschel and more obscure brands like Dime Piece so every trip seems like an exciting adventure.
5. M Pavilion
Last on our list is M Pavilion. Sure, it may seem pretty mainstream to some, especially since their merchandise is touted as higher end designers from all over the world, but it’s worth noting that the offerings here stay away from Chanel and the like.
Instead, expect to find more uncommon offerings at M Pavilion such Clover Canyon, Elizabeth and James, Markus Lupfer, Opening Ceremony, and Victoria Beckham. Fans of more niche labels, this is just the spot for you.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to from Kuala Lumpur you can refer to
- Private Airport Transfers (KLIA/KLIA2) for Kuala Lumpur
- Shared Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Transfers for Kuala Lumpur
- Premium Private Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Transfers
- Private Transfer between Genting Highlands and Kuala Lumpur Airport (KLIA/KLIA2)
- Shared Bus Transfers between Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 and KL Sentral by AeroBus
- Kuala Lumpur Half Day City Tour
- KL Pass in Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur City Full Day Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Suburbs and Batu Caves
- Kuala Lumpur Food Experience
- KL Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Pass (24/48 Hours)
- Genting Highlands Day Trip
- KL TravelPass (Metro Card) in Kuala Lumpur
- [SALE] 4G Prepaid SIM Card (MY Airports Pick Up) for Malaysia
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for Malaysia
Are you looking for more Kuala Lumpur travel guide and top things to do in Kuala Lumpur: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Kuala Lumpur blog (KL blog) — The fullest guide for a budget trip to Kuala Lumpur And Kuala Lumpur 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Kuala Lumpur?