There are many ways to experience Beijing–you can enjoy the cuisine, visit scenic spots, learn about Chinese cultural history, and so on. But if you travel here without visiting the local bars in Beijing, you have missed the opportunity to experience life and leisure activities in this busiest city in China. So, let’s check out our guide to best nightlife in Beijing guide (Beijing nightlife guide) with the list of 23+ Top bars in Beijing including best bars in Beijing, cool bars in Beijing and good bars in Beijing as follows!
- What to do in Beijing at night? — 11+ where to go, see & best things to do in Beijing at night
- Beijing travel blog — The fullest Beijing travel guide for first-timers
- What to buy in Beijing? — 19+ must buy souvenirs, top gifts & best things to buy in Beijing
- Guide to Yiheyuan Beijing — The fullest Summer Palace Beijing guide to the China’s most beautiful classical garden
- Top places to visit in Shenzhen — 23+ must-see & best places to visit in Shenzhen
Paddy O’Shea’s Bar (# best bars in beijing)
This is an authentic Irish bar for whiskey lovers. With high ceilings, long bars, and high chairs in warm tones, this is a frequent hangout for foreigners living in Beijing in the evenings. The place is always full of excitement because of the large number of customers and small, interesting activities held every day.
Guests often choose to watch sports matches on the big screen while having a drink or enjoy the night by the pool. Paddy O’Shea’s Bar offers a happy hour from 3 pm to 7 pm with a 30% discount on all drinks. A trivia with rewards is held every Wednesday at 8 pm with prizes being free drinks served at the bar. In addition, comedy shows performed in the bar have contributed to helping Paddy O’Shea’s Bar become more famous in Beijing.
This is really a suitable place for active people who like crowded and vibrant attractions. Visitors will absolutely have memorable experiences here.
- Address: No.28 Dongzhimenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100027
- Hours: 11:30 AM – 5 AM
Aria Jazz and Wine Bar
A sophisticated jazz bar that serves great champagne cocktails and offers a huge selection of fine imported wines. This would be a great place for an important meeting or to enjoy live jazz in a classy way. With a list of imported wines from the best wine regions in the world, and services and associated goods that meet Western standards, Aria Bar will be the best choice for travelers who want to enjoy authentic cocktails and wines. If you visit on Sunday, you should arrive a little early for a more complete experience.
- Address: No.1 Jianguomenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100020
- Hours: 11 AM – 12 AM
No Name Bar (# cool bars in beijing)
No Name Bar has a view looking towards Houhai Lake, elegantly decorated with flowers and fun wicker furniture. This is a wonderful venue for an evening cocktail and meeting the locals coming in flock here. Located in the central area of Beijing right near the Forbidden City, visitors can not only enjoy delicious drinks at affordable prices but also have the opportunity to experience the old town at night, which is a huge difference from the quiet atmosphere during the day. This is chosen as one of the interesting and romantic dating locations by local people.
- Address: No.3 Qianhai East Bank, Xicheng District, Beijing, China 100000
- Hours: 12 PM – 2 AM
Janes and Hooch (# good bars in beijing)
As one of the famous bars in Beijing with rather high prices, Janes and Hooch Bar provides customers with impressive experiences of traditional cocktails mixed by professional bartenders and quality wines. Bar owner Warren Pang always wants to bring cocktails back to their original taste as well as give guests an experience in a cozy and liberal American-style space. This is one of the few bars with a separate space for non-smokers so you can be completely assured about the service here.
- Address: No.4 Gongtibei Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100020
- Hours: 8 PM – 2 AM
Slow Boat Brewery
If you would like to enjoy some alcoholic drinks while discovering local flavors, visit Slow Boat Brewery. The place is very famous for home-brewed beers. Located in an old town, Slow Boat Brewery specializes in serving fresh beers without preservatives, ensuring the most delicious and characteristic flavors of more than 17 beers introduced from 2011 to the present. Draft beer here is so well-known that the bar has become a supplier to many hotels in Beijing City.
- Address: No.56 Dongshi Batiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China 100006
- Hours: 5 PM – 12 AM
Centro Bar (# beijing nightlife guide)
This famous lounge bar is designed with dim lighting, providing VIP services to customers who want both visual and auditory satisfaction. With a luxuriously designed space and comfortable seats, customers can chat over a glass of martini or watch jazz performances here every night.
In addition, Centro Bar is also famous for its great drinks with a huge menu that regularly changes and updates to ensure everything is always fresh and interesting. One thing to note is that the price is quite expensive but completely worth it. Occasionally, you can even see a couple of celebrities come here to enjoy the night.
Centro Bar is part of the Kerry Hotel, and if you need to find a Bar with an elegant, classy atmosphere, Centro is your choice. A Jazz band, an assortment of different relaxation areas, and an outdoor space allow you to have a great evening in Beijing CBD.
- Address: Kerry Hotel Beijing, No.1 Guanghua Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100002
- Hours: 5 PM – 1 AM / Sat & Sun: 10 AM – 1 AM
A bar for backpackers (backpack travelers) that attracts many young foreigners to come here every day. Poacher’s Inn is an English-style bar with affordable drinks and a lively atmosphere. On weekends, there is always a huge crowd of customers here with vibrant sounds of musical instruments. For some big bars, this can be quite annoying, but here, young tourists can talk to each other about their recent trips and share the experiences they have gained along their fascinating journeys.
- Address: No.43 Sanlitunbei Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100027
- Hours: 8 PM – 3 AM
Room 101 Bar (# best nightlife in beijing)
A sophisticated and elegant wine cellar with a very distinct French character, Room 101 Bar provides customers with European-style wine, liqueur, and draft beer options. Even though there is a “24-hour service” sign, this place is usually tranquil, suitable for those who would love to have their own space and enjoy alcoholic drinks to their liking.
- Address: No.199 Andingmennei Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China 100007
- Hours: Although the bar is usually open 24 hours, you should visit between 10 AM and midnight.
Drum and Bell Bar (# top bars in Beijing)
Visitors consider this place more like a cozy cafe than a bar. With a location overlooking the courtyard between the famous Drum Tower and Bell Tower, this rooftop bar is hidden in a quaint alley in Beijing. It’s quite difficult to find for newcomers, but getting a great view from this side of the city is worth the effort. In winter, the bar also has a very cozy coal fireplace. Locally produced draft beer is always available here and especially on Sundays you also have the opportunity to enjoy special drinks for 50 RMB. Some popular drinks such as Gin and Tonic or Vodka and coke, along with some other interesting cocktails are served while you leisurely admire the Bell and Drum Towers and the horse-drawn carriages passing by.
- Address: No.41 Zhonglouwan Hutong, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China 100035
- Hours: 1 PM – 2 AM
This is a famous place for young and carefree people to gather in Beijing. At Bar Blu, customers can attend daily themed dance sessions such as dance, disco, pop, techno, and so on, so you should call in advance to come at a time that suits your schedule. Another tip is that there will be a happy hour from 5 to 9 p.m. every day and Ladies’ night every Friday and Saturday evening. Recently renovated and upgraded, Bar Blue is now a multi-story complex with abundant buffets, countless new cocktails, VIP service, and one of the best dance floors in the city. However, you should be careful at late hours because the area is quite complicated.
- Address: 4th Floor, Tongli Studio, No.43 Sanlitunbei Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100600
- Hours: 8:30 PM – 5 AM
As its name suggests, Atmosphere makes a strong impression on visitors with its unique design style, helping visitors feel like they are standing on top of the world, or at least on top of Beijing.
Located on the 80th floor of the China World Trade Center, Atmosphere is the highest bar in China and also one of the most luxurious bars in the country with billions of people. Atmosphere is a high-end bar with a rich menu of cocktails or a huge collection of Single Malt Scotch Whiskey. And to be a classy bar, music is indispensable. Atmosphere has a live band that can satisfy anyone, even the most demanding listeners.
- Address: 80F Shangri-La China World Summit Wing, No.1 Jianguomenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100004
- Hours: 12 PM – 2 AM / Sat & Sun: 12 PM – 4 AM
Super popular in the Beijing Central Business District, Mei is a famous party spot with one of the most sparkling views in Beijing’s CBD. Mei brings a warm but no less luxurious feeling with many fireplaces and fired bricks intentionally arranged to create a highlight for the space here.
Mei’s menu is also very impressive with many creative Asian-inspired cocktails such as Lychee Syrup, and spirits mixed in a unique way along with constantly changing specialties.
- Address: No.1 Chaoyangmenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100020
- Hours: 7 PM – 2 AM
According to many visitors, Straight Spirit is not a “literal” bar but something much better. Straight Spirit has eliminated the traditional bar counter, so there is absolutely no separation between the bartender and the customer. As a result, customers will enjoy a cozy space full of different types of wine at totally affordable prices. The service here is always highly appreciated and it will be an enjoyable experience for any visitor at Straight Spirit.
- Address: Room 103A, No.26 Chaoyangmenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100020
- Hours: 11 AM – 11 PM
To us, Beersmith Gastropub looks more like a pub than a bustling bar. This place is really suitable for relaxing and enjoying your favorite glass of wine after a long day. At Beersmith Gastropub, beer is brewed in 12 large tanks, representing the 12 Chinese zodiac signs, and you can also easily find dishes that suit your preferences if you feel hungry. In addition, Beersmith Gastropub is also equipped with many TV screens dedicated to those who love watching matches and sports.
- Address: 1F Hotel Jen Beijing, No.1 Jianguomenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100034
- Hours: 11 AM – 2 AM / Fri & Sat: 11 AM – 3 AM
Along with Atmosphere, China Bar is one of the two places with the most impressive views in Beijing CBD. Located on the 65th floor of the Park Hyatt Beijing building, when coming to China Bar, visitors can admire the beautiful views of Tiananmen Square, historic Chang’an Avenue, and a series of famous landmarks along with other iconic structures. China Bar also has a live band for guests every night and the wines and cocktails here absolutely cater to the taste of everyone.
- Address: Park Hyatt Beijing Hotel, No.2 Jianguomenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100020
- Hours: 5:30 PM – 1 AM / Thu-Sat: 5:30 PM – 2 AM
44 Lounge is truly a fun bar. You can call this “Apartment Bar” because 44 Lounge is located in Room 3204 of building number 6 on Jianguo Road. The shop has a minimalist space design, highlighting the wine cabinets and colorful cocktail glasses. According to many tourists, 44 Lounge is a bar with one of the most beautiful views of the city in the Beijing Trade Center area. 44 Lounge’s signature drink is a mixture of oranges, tangerines, rum, and chocolate, all mixed according to the bar’s recipe, producing flavors you can’t find anywhere else.
- Address: Room 3204, No.6, Jianguo Road, Tongzhou District, Beijing, China 101100
- Hours: 6:30 PM – 2:30 AM
Frank by Ala House
Frank by Ala House is a bar with a relatively small space that gives visitors a warm, friendly feeling. In addition, the cocktails here are also very delicious, and every Wednesday and Friday, Frank by Ala House invites a Jazz band to perform live music for visitors.
- Address: Tower 3 Central Park, No.6 Chaoyangmenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100002
- Hours: 7 PM – 2 AM
If you want to try a new, Chinese-style cocktail, Inside Bar is the place for you. Some special cocktails here use Chinese yellow wine (Huangjiu) or classic wines that are quite expensive to create a unique flavor. The space of the bar is designed in a retro style, which also helps Inside Bar make its mark in the hearts of international tourists.
- Address: Block B210 Winterless Center, No.1, Xidawang Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100026
- Hours: 7 PM – 2 AM
Nuoyan Rice Wine
The first thing to mention about Nuoyan Rice Wine is the type of wine that is completely different from other bars, which is rice wine. This special type of wine fermented from rice has contributed to improving the knowledge of many people about a quality drink that they have never known before. Although this is a bar, the space looks more like a coffee shop because it is decorated in a minimalist, spacious way, creating a gentle, relaxing vibe for visitors.
This bar is a suitable place to meet friends, even groups of girls can gather here and comfortably chat over glasses of light rice wine. For those who have never tried rice wine, the bar offers a discovery set to try the tastes with accompanying food. Thanks to differences in the type of wine and the service style, Nuoyan Rice Wine deserves to be a must-visit place when visiting Dongcheng, Beijing.
- Address: People’s Art Printing House, No.7 Banqiaonan Alley, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China 100009
- Hours: 4:30 PM – 12:30 AM
Modernista is proud to be one of the bars that have served local customers since opening, so many previous customers have already checked its quality. Known for its dim lighting, antique interiors, and quality cocktails, Modernista is not just a regular bar but also a restaurant as well as an event venue. Thanks to the events held every day with a theme of the week, this bar always attracts a large number of customers. It is difficult to catch a dull moment here!
- Address: No.44 Baochao Hutong, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China, 100009
- Hours: 4 PM – 2 AM / Fri: 4 PM – 3 AM / Sat & Sun: 11 AM – 3 AM
Arrow Factory Brewing
Arrow Factory Brewing is a bar established in one of the alleys in the Jianchang neighborhood. This is a quirky bar and brewery developed by two foreigners who wanted to contribute to Beijing’s growing craft beer scene. The name of the bar is based on the location where it is located: “arrow factory” literally means “jianchang” in Chinese.
This bar has become a destination for Beijingers since it first opened and has maintained its operations to this day. The space inside the bar is different from the quietness of the alley outside, it is a lively atmosphere filled with both locals and foreigners. With a great atmosphere, delicious drinks, and a long history, Arrow Factory Brewing is a must-visit on your itinerary in Dongcheng, Beijing.
- Address: No.1 Xindong Road (at Liangmahe Nanlu intersection), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100027
- Hours: 11:30 AM – 12 AM / Sat & Sun: 10:30 AM – 12 AM
A standard location for bars, Whisper serves up some of the best cocktails in Beijing in a corner that not everyone can find. The bar is located in a historical place: in the small alley Jianchang of Dongcheng, going through a small winding road and you can see the door to the bar. Once you step inside and experience, you will understand that this is a worthy reward for your search to arrive at Whisper.
The space of this bar gives you a cozy feeling, very suitable for sitting down and sharing private stories. The drinks here are not large in number, but they are creative in combining flavors to produce outstanding drinks, leaving an unforgettable impression on customers.
- Address: Room 105, Yonghe Bieshu, No.22 Jianchang Hutong, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China 100007
- Hours: 6:30 PM – 12 AM
The Great Outdoors
This bar has a quite large area and three floors for customers to choose where to sit. This is a very suitable place for quiz nights, poetry competitions, or organizing local competitions right at the premises of the bar. Although the bar’s name says “Outdoors”, most of the space is actually located inside the house. There is an outdoor seating area on the second floor where you can enjoy a view of the entire bustling Fangjia Alley.
This bar used to be smaller and was also located at a different address. Although it has now undergone many changes, one thing that the bar has always maintained well is the quality of service. The staff is well-trained, friendly, and enthusiastic with customers. Besides, the price of drinks here is said to be equivalent to what they bring to customers.
- Address: No.12 Fangjia Hutong, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China 100007
- Hours: 10 AM – 11 PM
Visiting local bars is also one of the interesting activities to experience nightlife in Beijing. Whether you love a classic, fancy place or a bustling, crowded spot with young, trendy people, visit one of the places we suggest above. We hope you have a meaningful journey when traveling to Beijing!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, from and to Beijing you can refer to
- Beijing Palace Museum Ticket (The Forbidden City)
- [Cool Summer] Universal Beijing Resort Ticket
- [Sale] Mutianyu Great Wall Day Tour from Beijing (With Pick Up)
- Summer Palace (Yiheyuan) Admission Ticket in Beijing
- [Up to 20% Off] Private City Transfers for Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing
- Mutianyu Great Wall Day Tour by Bus with Options
- [Sale] Mutianyu Great Wall-Downtown Beijing Round Trip Bus Pass
- Mutianyu Great Wall Ticket & Cable Car
- The Old Summer Palace (Yuanmingyuan) Ticket in Beijing
- Beijing Wildlife Park Admission Ticket
- Beijing Happy Valley Ticket
- CMHK | HK 7 Days unlimited data + 200 HK Local Mins + 1GB Mainland China and Macau data (HK Airport Pick Up)
- [Thailand Pick Up] Dtac GO INTER SIM Card Zone 1(Asia, Australia, USA, exclude Thailand)
- 4G LTE WiFi (MNL Airport Pick Up) for Asia
- 4G Portable WiFi (Manila Delivery) for Asia
- [Unlimited Data] 4G Portable WiFi for Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau from Uroaming (HK Airport Pick Up)
- 4G WiFi (HK Airport Pick Up) for Hong Kong/Macau/China (No Speed Limited) from Song WiFi
Read more Bejing guide: Beijing travel blog — The fullest Beijing travel guide for first-timers