When it comes to travelling to Southeast Asia, not only there is the amazing and exotic Thailand, but Malaysia and Singapore are also tourist-magnet destinations. Since they are neighbours, moving from Malaysia to Singapore (and the other way around) is super easy. On your next journey, consider this 2-in-1 experience, using Living Nomads’s valuable tips to travel economically between these two exciting countries! So, how to get from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore and how to go to Singapore from Kuala Lumpur? Let’s discover one of the best wayd on how to travel to Singapore from Kuala Lumpur: By bus (how to get to Singapore from Kuala Lumpur by bus, how to go to Singapore from Kuala Lumpur by bus) below. Here are valuable tips for an economical Malaysia – Singapore travel.
- Singapore Malaysia 5 days itinerary — What to do & suggested 5 days 4 nights Singapore Malaysia itinerary
- Singapore Malaysia itinerary 7 days — What to do for 6 nights 7 days Singapore Malaysia itinerary?
- Guide to LRT Kuala Lumpur — LRT Kuala Lumpur route, timetable & fare
- Where to go in Malacca? — 10 best places to visit in Melaka & must visit places in Melaka
- Langkawi itinerary 3 days — What to do in Langkawi for 3 days & How to spend 3 days 2 nights in Langkawi?
How to get to Singapore from Kuala Lumpur by bus: Travelling from Malaysia to Singapore by bus, how hard could it be?
First of all, book flight tickets if you have the budget and don’t have much time to waste. But other than that, going by bus is the easiest, most convenient and economical way of transferring between Malaysia and Singapore. Modern buses leave travellers with no worries of discomfort or tiring, especially with push-back seats comfortable enough to take a nap. Many buses are equipped with USB ports, Wifi and individual screens for entertainment purposes.
When you arrive at Johor Bahru border and enter Singapore, don’t forget your passports and all luggages. Immigration procedures are simple, as long as you wear proper clothes, provide clear flight and hotel booking information, your chance of being accepted is as high as 90%.
How to go to Singapore from Kuala Lumpur by bus: From Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) to Singapore:
Duration: 4-5 hours, depends on traffic at that time
First trip: 5:30
Last trip: 23:30
Price: around 40 – 100 ringgit (depends on bus agency and destination)
Tourists usually stay in Berjaya Times Square shopping mall to catch the bus from Kuala Lumpur (KL) to Singapore, since it is also the center of KL. Another option is Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS), Kuala Lumpur’s largest bus station, hence, offers more trips suitable to your schedule (economy class to first class available). There are also many convenience stores and restaurants to please your hungry belly. Security is tightened all the time so don’t worry if you are travelling on your own. There is LRT (Bandar Tasik Selatan station) from central KL to this station to save some precious time.
Tourists can either buy tickets directly at the station or ask the hotel to book for them if they offer, or buy online. However, hotels may require additional service fees. It is recommended to buy tickets at least 1 day in advance of departure, especially during weekends since it can be very crowded.
In Malaysia, besides KL there are more departure points to Singapore such as:
- Johor Bahru
How to get from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore: Bus stops in Singapore
Most bus agencies stop at Golden Mile Beach Road complex. Here you can take a taxi, catch a bus or MRT to the hotel. Other stops are:
- Beach Road (Five Stars, Grassland, NICE Executive Coaches, Sri Maju, Starmart, Yakin)
- Jurong East (Causeway Link Express)
- Kovan Hub (City Holidays Express)
- Little India (Star Qistna Express)
- Marine Parade (KKKL Express)
- Textile Center, Jalan Sultan (Eltabina Express)
When in Singapore, equip yourself with EZ Link card (Singapore Travel Card (NETS FlashPay)) for bus and subway rides. Queue-free, penny-free, trouble-free. You don’t want to be lost, so don’t forget to buy a 4G SIM card, available in central Singapore. We know to change SIM cards when travel to a different country is such a hassle, so here’s a link to the 3-in-1 SIM card for Singapore – Malaysia – Thailand (4G SIM Card (IN Delivery) for Asia & Australia) journeys.
The best way is book a private transfer service between Johor Bahru and Singapore from Klook here: Private City Transfers between Singapore and Johor Bahru by Pridestar.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in Singapore and from Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G Portable WiFi for Singapore from Uroaming
- 4G WiFi (SG Pick Up) for Europe
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Singapore budget for the first-timers?