Have you ever heard of the famous Japanese island of Enoshima? Enoshima Island, Kanagawa Prefecture, is a small island surrounded by the immense sea and beautiful views, where both young and old people love, so many tourists come to visit. Today, Living Nomads will organize a nature theme tour to the beautiful island of Enoshima, immersed yourself in the “meditation atmosphere” at the sacred Kamakura temple. Now, let’s pack your backpack to start the day trip itinerary to Kamakura and Enoshima (Kamakura Enoshima day trip, Kamakura Enoshima one day trip).
- Tokyo travel guide blog — The fullest Tokyo guide blog for a perfect budget trip to Tokyo for first-timers
- How to get around Tokyo? — 3 best way to get around Tokyo & cheapest way to get around Tokyo
- What to eat in Tokyo Japan? — Top 8 Tokyo must try food, best food to eat in Tokyo & best places to eat in Tokyo
- Tokyo one day tour — 5 best one day tour from Tokyo & day tour in Tokyo itinerary you should make
- Harajuku cafe review — 5 unique themed coffee shops & best cafes in Harajuku you definitely must visit
Kamakura Enoshima one day trip: How to get to Kamakura Temple and Enoshima Island from Tokyo
Both Kamakura Temple and Enoshima Island are located in Kanagawa Prefecture, so traveling to Kanagwa prefecture we will visit Kanagawa temple before getting to the island. From Tokyo, you go to Shinjuku Station, take the Express or Rapid Express train to JR Kamakura Station, get off the train, leave the station and follow the small street, right on the opposite side of the station, you will reach the Kamakura Temple.
To getting to Enoshima Island by changing to a local train to get to Katase-Enoshima Station. At Katase-Enoshima Station, there is only one exit gate, then walk through the road and bridge in front of the exit. Walking about 5 minutes, you will see First Kitchen on the left, turn right and go down that road to reach Enoshima Island.
Buy the JR Pass to quickly moving without having to waiting buy train tickets.
Link to buy JR Pass: JR Pass for Whole Japan (7, 14, or 21 Days).
Note: You should pay attention the instructions in the electric signs 4 and 5 to choose Rapid or Rapid Express train; If you want to choose local train, watch the instructions on the opposite electric sign.
If you want to make sure, use Google map. Remember to buy a 4G travel sim card to get directions from “Google tour guide”. If you go with a large group, rent a wifi pocket device with unlimited data for saving more.
- Link to buy 4G sim: 4G SIM Card (Japan Pick Up) for Japan.
- Link to rent a pocket wifi transmitter: 4G WiFi (Japan Pick Up) for Japan (Unlimited Data).
Kamakura Enoshima day trip: The detailed itinerary to visit Kamakura and Enoshima in one day trip (Kamakura Enoshima one day trip)
This area concentrates many temples in the ancient style for us to pray and visit. There is a famous giant Buddha statue also known as Daibutsu at Kotaku-in temple, Three-story Pagoda at Jojuin Temple with hydrangeas garden, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine ancient and solemn which often choosing by couples to organize their wedding in Japanese tradition,… Coming to Kamakuara you are definitely immersed in the atmosphere of meditation and soothing the soul from the hustle of everyday life.
This is a famous sacred shrine on Enoshima island, seems to stretch the whole island. Enoshima Shrine is divided into 3 areas: Outer Shrine, Middle Shrine and Inner Shrine with its separate landscapes and sightseeing activities. There is a lake area with the sacred Dragon statue, if you wash coins at this lake in the spring, luck will come to you. Besides, there is a big trees area surrounded by Ema (Red Wooden Wishing Plaques), which is a favorite place for young people to praying for love. There is also a love bell area, Ryuren, Samuel Cooking gardens, … located in the Enoshima Shrine area. To exploring all three areas of Enoshima shrine area is a true pilgrimage, a little bit tired because the shrine areas are quite far apart but in return for a pure and peaceful soul.
Enjoy local specialties
Because this is an island, the local specialty is extremely fresh seafood. The flavor from making seafood-related dishes on Enoshima Island is unique and different from other regions in Japan. Please enjoy.
So it’s the end of a peaceful day trip on Enoshima island. There are no hustle and bustle, modern, full of light like Tokyo but idyllic and free, relaxed and calm. During your trip of exploring Japan, let arranging a day to visit Kamakura temple and Enoshima island to find newness is a great idea, right homies?!
Recommend you take the tour to visit Kamakura Temple and Enoshima Island combined with other famous places in Kanagawa prefecture from Klook, no need worry about transportation, just enjoy yourself.
Book the tour now here: Kamakura & Enoshima Day Tour from Tokyo.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Tokyo you can refer to
- Private Narita International Airport Transfers (NRT) for Tokyo 23 Wards, Hakone, or Karuizawa
- Private Haneda International Airport Transfers (HND) for Tokyo 23 Wards, Hakone, or Karuizawa
- Airport Limousine Bus Transfers from/to Narita and Haneda International Airport (Free Wifi Onboard)
- Tokyo Amazing Sightseeing Bus Day Tour
- Tokyo Highlights Private Day Tour
- Nikko Day Tour from Tokyo
- Mt Fuji & Hakone Day Tour: Lake Ashi & Ropeway Day Trip from Tokyo
- Nikko Cultural Day Tour from Tokyo
- Tokyo Subway Ticket (24, 48, or 72 Hours)
- Tokyo Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket
- Shuttle Bus Transfers (One Way/Round Trip) from Shinjuku/Ikebukuro to Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea
- Sky Hop-on and Hop-off Bus Pass
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (JP Airports Pick Up) for Japan
- 4G WiFi (Japan Pick Up) for Japan
- JR Pass for Whole Japan (7, 14, or 21 Days)
Are you looking for more Tokyo travel guide and top things to do in Tokyo: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Tokyo travel blog — The fullest Tokyo city guide for a budget trip for the first time visiting Tokyo, Japan.