Where are “must-go” famous places in Busan and what are “must-have” experiences in Busan? Well, there is Haedong Yonggungsa Temple lying on the beautiful sea cliffs, Gamcheon Culture Village with colorful houses, or the majestic beauty of the road along the coast of Taejongdae National Park. In addition, wearing traditional Hanbok costumes and walking around the ancient streets in Busan is also an interesting experience. But the most typical cultural feature of the coastal city of Busan can not help but mentioning is the markets in general and the seafood markets in particular! So, what are best markets to shop in Busan? Let’s check it out our Busan market blog with suggested 5 best markets in Busan including fish market in Busan korea (Busan fish market), seafood market in Busan (Busan seafood market) and Busan traditional market to find out the answer!
- Jagalchi market blog — How to visit & enjoying sashimi at Jagalchi fish market in Busan, South Korea?
- Dongdaemun market guide — What to buy in Dongdaemun Market & what to eat at Dongdaemun food market in Seoul?
- Explore East Busan — Review 1 day tour to discover great sights in East Busan
- Flea market Seoul — 4 vintage & best flea markets in Seoul you should visit
- Gamcheon culture village blog — How to go & What to do at Gamcheon culture village?
Jagalchi Fish Market – famous fish market of Busan
Jagalchi Market is a symbol fish market of the coastal city of Busan. Coming to Busan, you definitely have to buy fish here and enjoy the “Authentic Korean ” foods made from fish and many other seafood. Built during the era of Korea as a colony of Japan, Jagalchi Market still preserves its overall architectural style. As a coastal city, the fish and seafood here is extremely fresh!
Address: 52 Jagalchihaean-ro, Nampo-dong, Jung-gu, Busan, South Korea
Hours: 8 AM – 10 PM, Daily
Phone: +82 51-713-8000
Getting there: Jagalchi subway station
Busan traditional market: Gukje Market
Gukje Market is the largest traditional market in Busan (Busan traditional market). It can be said as a traditional market but the sellers at the market can speak quite a lot of languages, so people have just named it “International Market”. Gukje Market is very famous in Busan because here you can “buy anything you want”, especially the super delicious foods, featuring of “Busan” such as spicy vermicelli, rice paper cover with nuts, rice noodles, pork feet (jokbal) , pork and rice cake soup… The market sells “everything” but it is clearly planned into separate areas. If you want to buy anything, go to the following areas, which are easy to find:
- Gourmand area with spicy noodles “true style” of Busan.
- Go to the Arirang and the Light areas to buy souvenirs and sparkling light equipment.
- Buy pure sweet red bean shaved ice at Patbingsu alley next to Dongju Girls’ School and behind the Saebusan building.
Address: 25 Gukjesijang 2-gil, Gwangbok-dong, Jung-gu, Busan, South Korea
Hours: 7AM–10PM / Closed: 1st & 3rd Sundays
Phone: +82 51-245-7389
Getting there: Jagalchi Station (Busan Subway Line 1), Exit 7. Then take a walk about 30 meters, then turn left, and walk straight 5 minutes to come.
Bupyeong Kkangtong Market (Night Market)
Kkangtong in Korean means “canned”. Therefore, it is easy to understand that the main product of the market is canned food. The market got its name because during the Korean War, it was a storage area for many types of canned goods imported from the United States to US forces stationed in South Korea. Nowadays, due to the liberalization of trade, many types of imported goods besides canned food such as wine, clothing, decorations, accessories, fashion items and electronics, etc. are also sold in this market. Kkangtong Night Market is open from 19:30 – 24:00. You can easily buy many Busan-style dishes and other international dishes like Japan and the Philippines here.
Address: 39 Bupyeong 1-gil, Bupyeong-dong, Jung-gu, Busan, South Korea
Hours: 7:30 PM – 12 PM
Phone: +82 51-243-1128
Getting there: Local bus: 8, 11 , 96 , 103 , 113 , 126 / Express bus: 1000
Gijang Market (Gijang Crab Market) – Famous crab market of Busan
Gijang Market is a flea market that sells a variety of goods and products, including seafood and agricultural products. The most popular specialty in the market is snow crab. If you come to Busan in the spring, you can buy seaweed and anchovies, but if you come in the fall, it’s easy to buy cutlass fish (in two months – before and after Chuseok (Mid-Autumn Festival – Korean Thanksgiving). Buying seafood at this market is super fresh because they are caught by local fishermen off the nearby Gijang beach and sold at the market.
Steamed fresh snow crab is featured here, extremely tasty. If you don’t know what to buy, buy snow crab in Busan, unrivaled specialty of Busan.
Address: 64-2 Daera-ri, Gijang-eup, Gijang, Busan, South Korea
Bujeon Market – Ginseng Market
If you travel with your parents, Bujeon Market is definitely a must-visit place because at Bujeon Market, you will easily buy a variety of ginseng at an affordable price: fresh ginseng, dried ginseng and persimmon ginseng. If you not traveling with the elderly, you also remember to visit the market to buy some ginseng as a gift for relatives and friends, a specialty product of Korea and luxury.
Address: 23 Jungang-daero 783beon-gil, Bujeon 1(il)-dong, Busanjin-gu, Busan, South Korea
Hours: 2:30AM–7:30PM / Sunday: Closed
Phone: +82 51-818-1091
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Busan you can refer to
- Private Gimhae Airport Transfers (PUS) for Busan
- Exploring Busan Full Day Tour
- Busan East Coast Cultural Day Tour
- East Busan Exploration
- Gimhae Nakdong River Railbike, BIFF Square, Wine Cave, and Gamcheon Culture Village Day Tour
- Exploring Busan Full Day Tour
- BUTI Busan City Tour One Day Bus Pass
- Busan City Jumbo Tour Bus Pass
- [Klook Exclusive] Busan SEA LIFE Aquarium Skip-the-Line Admission Ticket with Souvenir Photo
- Busan Tower Ticket
- [Special Promo] Train to Busan Horror House Combo Admission Ticket
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket: Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5Days
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
Are you looking for more Busan travel guide: Things to do, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out our Busan blog — The fullest Busan travel guide & suggested Busan itinerary on how to spend 3 days in Busan, South Korea.