- South Korea itinerary 10 days — How to spend 10 days in South Korea perfectly?
- Busan itinerary 4 days (Busan 4D3N itinerary) — How to spend 4 days in Busan perfectly?
- Korean must eat food — Top 14 food you must eat in South Korea
- Best shopping in Seoul — Top 10 best shopping places in Seoul & best underground shopping Seoul
- Top Seoul night market — Top 5 best night market in Seoul, South Korea
This is where the portrait of Yi Seong-gye, founder of the Joseon dynasty, is preserved. Coming here you will be amazed at the beautiful architecture of this temple. Not to mention, if you are a Korean movie fan, you definitely have to visit here once to watch the film studio of “Love in the Moonlight” with the handsome Prince Park Bo-Gum who make your heart sob.. There will be free tours guide in English / Chinese / Korean language every hour, if you want to learn about the history of the shrine, or if not, you should take a walk in the shrine, there are many beautiful corners to take pictures.
Address: 44 Taejo-ro, Pungnam-dong, Wansan-gu, Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea
Phone: +82 63-287-1330
Entrance fee: Adults 3,000 won / Teenagers 2,000 won / Children 1,000 won
Getting there: From Omokdae & Imokdae, continue walking 100m along the Taejo-ro road is reach.
Jeondong Catholic Cathedral
Located right at the entrance to Jeonju ancient village, this church is also one of the places visited by many visitors. The church was built by the French missionary. In general there is not much things to see at here, in addition to the church architecture is quite beautiful, you can visit it before or after visiting the Jeonju village to your trip is more complete.
Address: 51, Taejo-ro, Wansan-gu, Jeonju-si, Jeollabuk-do
Hours: 05:30 – 20:00
Phone: +82 63-284-3222
Getting there: From Jeonju Intercity/Express Bus Terminal, take the Bus No. 5-1, 5-2 or 79.
This market is more than 100 years old, this is a traditional market with nearly 800 stalls, selling daily necessities of people. In the market there are also interesting souvenirs, crafts that you can buy as gifts, or remember to find some popular food area to enjoy the local cuisine. There are occasional art shows such as music show in the middle of the market. However, this market is quite similar to many big markets in Vietnam, probably Westerners will prefer, so if you have time, you can also try to know.
Address: 19-3 Pungnammun 1-gil, Jeonong 3(sam)-ga, Wansan-gu, Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea
Hours: 09:00-21:30. Varies by store
Phone: +82 63-284-1344
Riding at Jeonju Hanok Rail Bike
With peaceful and poetic scenery, fresh air in Jeonju, in addition to walking, riding on the rail bikes is also fun, riding a bike and watching the scenery without having to avoid the car on the road. We do not understand why this type of experience in Korea is so popular, not only in Jeonju but also in Nami. Sure it is both safety and easy to see for viewing scenery, the bike also has a roof, so you should worry about the weather, sunny or raining does not effects. In addition to the routes with charming scenery, there will be tunnels with sparkling led lights, very eye-catching.
Jeonju blog: What to eat in Jeonju?
We forget yet to introduce, Jeonju is home to Bibimbap national dish (aka rice mixed), in addition to eat original Bibimbap, the ingredients and vegetables in Jeonju also have better quality. Most of the restaurants serve this dish, but according to many reviews, Gajok Hoegwan Restaurant is located at 17, Jeollagamyeong 5-gil, Wansan-gu quite popular. Phone: +82 63-284-0982
If your trip plan will visit the ancient village of Jeonju, remember to stay hungry to eat all the street food here. There are many snacks, heavy meals, light meals, etc… flooded in Jeonju. Our advice is to eat as many dishes as you can eat, try as many dishes as possible because every dish is worth trying. Some dishes you can try such as:
Grilled octopus, very soft and big, served with delicious cheese sauce forget about the way to home. Price about 3.000KRW.
Go to Gyodong Korokke to try the Jeonju Bibimbap Korokke (2,500 KRW / pc), it will definitely be a favorite for you to eat spicy. Inside the cake will have the same ingredients as mixed rice (including vegetables, rice, chili paste, etc.).
Eat something as you want but do not forget to try the handmade Choco pie at PNB Bakery’s Choco Pies (2,000 KRW), Jeonju specialties. The cake is very soft, spongy with delicious chocolate taste blended with fresh cream, surely after finished eat you will not regret it for a lifetime.
PNB Bakery’s Choco Pies
Address: PNB 풍년제과 (Pungnyeon Jegwa), Eunhaeng-ro 61-1 (gyo dong), Wansan-gu, Jeonju-si, Jeollabuk-do
Note: Located at Jeonju Hanok Village at intersection between Taejo Road and Gingko Road.
Business hours: 8.30am-10.00pm
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Seoul travel guide and top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Seoul itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Seoul & what to do in Seoul for 5 days perfectly?