Traveling to Jeju island, people often think about? The tranquil and rustic island of Korea, where there are long coastlines of blue water, noisy waves, mild weather, hundreds of flowers that are suitable for relaxation and sightseeing. However, the island is not large but there are many unique museums. Do not rush to think of the museum is full of old items, listening to the history of lectures but museums in Jeju, there are many museums with themes, interesting styles will suitable for you to go with your family. If you visit this beautiful island, do not forget to visit some of the museums that Living Nomads has to offer.Now, let’s explore to Jeju museum (Jeju island museum) — Top 5 best museums in Jeju, South Korea you should not miss below.
- Jeju itinerary 3 days — What to do in Jeju for 3 days & How to spend 3 days in Jeju island perfectly for couples?
- What to eat in Jeju island & where to eat in Jeju? — 21 food must eat in Jeju island (Jeju must eat food) & best places to try them
- Jeju day trip blog — How to explore Jeju east coast in 1 day itinerary?
- Where to go in Jeju? — Top 21 most famous, must go & best places to visit in Jeju
- Jeju itinerary 4 days — What to do in Jeju for 4 days & How to spend 4 days in Jeju island perfectly?
1. Seongeup Folk Village
If you love discovering a bit of history, customs, old habits of Jeju people, or simply you are a fan of Korean dramas, want to take a closer look at the movie scene. It is a must to go to Seongeup Folk Village.
One thing creates a special Seongeup Folk Village is that the beautiful houses, looking farther away or standing upside down look like mushrooms, super cute. These homes are hundreds of years old, built entirely of lava rocks from volcanoes and roofs of straw and bamboo are still very solid. While some of the houses have been converted into tourist attractions, many of the families are living in the old villages.
Visit the village in the spring is the most beautiful time, at this time flowers bloom, interstate the houses are the flower garden is very poetic. However, if you have the opportunity to try to come here in winter when the snow white village also makes you mad.
In particular, if you want to have a “life”, “unique” photos when visiting the village, you can rent a set of hanbok to wear and take pictures in the village.
Seongeup Folk Village
Address: 19 Seongeupjeonguihyeon-ro, Pyoseon-myeon, Seogwipo, Jeju-do, Korea
Telephone: +82 64-710-6797
How to get there:
- From Jeju Intercity Bus Terminal, take the bus to Beonnyeong-ro. Get off at Seongeup 1 (il) -ri ‘(성읍리) samuso then go about 200m. (1 hour 40 minutes)
- From Seogwipo Intercity Bus Terminal, take the bus to Dongilju. Get off at Pyoseon-ri samuso, turn left at the intersection and go straight until you reach the bus stop, take the car to Beonnyeong-ro (45 minutes)Telephone: +82 2-789-1674
2. Jeju Air and Space Museum
With an area of over 300.000 square meters, Jeju Air and Space Museum is considered as the largest air museum in Asia. Here, you will be overwhelmed with dozens of aircraft are displayed throughout the space of the museum.
For those who are passionate about the universe in general and aircraft in particular, it is definitely not impossible to visit here to be able to watch and learn about real aircraft as well as learn about space. In addition, the museum has a number of “super cool” programs such as the “How Thing Fly” experience that guides flying principles such as scissors, thrusters, and flight controls, watching the stars, exploring the mystery of space travel through virtual space in the 5D Experience Room, create water rockets, airplane architecture, and camp out in space.
Tickets for the museum are range from 11.000-15.500 won (about 10 dollars to 14 dollars) and are only available for adults and children aged 8 and up.
Jeju Air and Space Museum
Address: 218, Nokchabunjae-ro, Andeok-myeon, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do
Opening hours: 9am – 6pm. Closed on the first Monday of every month.
How to get there: Take bus 250-3, 771-1, 771-2, 784-1, 784-2, 820-1 stop at Jeju Aerospace Museum.
3. O’sulloc Tea Museum
Those who are crazy fans of tea, especially green tea will definitely have to go to O’sulloc Tea Museum. This is where you can learn all the cultural delicacies of Korea and other Asian and Western countries, as well as enjoy countless different types of tea and also the dishes of green tea God here.
However, the museum is quite small, but you can conveniently visit the beautiful Innisfree and much delicious foods.
O’sulloc Tea Museum
Address: Namjeju-gun, Jeju-do.
Opening hours: The museum is opened at 9 am, so you can come early to get the tea field opposite the scenic road and take a look at your beautiful photos.
How to get there: Take bus 701 to Jeju Intercity Terminal, then catch bus number 755
4. Hello Kitty Island
If you go with the children, or the type of vintage girls, love the pink and fans of Hello Kitty should definitely not miss Hello Kity Island.
Hello Kitty Island has 3 floors. The first floor is the art gallery, the history of a kitty cat, the second floor has Hello Kitty Cafe, Kitty bedroom, and other special exhibits, the third floor is the 3D theater along with the outdoor exhibition.
Hello Kitty Island
Address: 340, Hanchang-ro, Andeok-myeon, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do
– From July to September: 09 am -8 pm
– From September to June: 09 am-6 pm
How to get there: From Jeju, Intercity Bus Terminal take bus # 750 stop at Sumbinari then walk to Hello Kitty Island.
5. Jeju Play Kpop Museum
Of course, there is no lack of Jeju PLAY KPOP Museum- one of the things that all the world of this “kimchi” country. Instead of looking for the Oppas, you can freely choose to take a photo shoot with Big Bang, Exo, SNSD, etc. without the effort. Not to mention live hologram concert every second.
As a country with a strong entertainment industry, Korean idol museums always know how to make fans frenzy with interactive venues such as singing with singers, makeup artists in their favorite styles. , or try a recording as a singer and especially there are valued photos…
Just a ticket that you can keep the whole idol world in your heart (literally also always)
Jeju Play Kpop Museum
Address: 15 Jungmun Gwangwang-ro 110 beon-gil, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do
Opening hours: 9 am -7pm
How to get there: From Jeju International Airport, take the Airport Bus No. 600 and go down at Korea Tourism Organization, Jeju Branch Bus Stop.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Jeju you can refer to
- Private Jeju International Airport Transfers (CJU) for Jeju City
- Private Jeju International Airport Transfers (CJU) for Seogwipo City
- Jeju City Bus
- Eastern Jeju Discovery
- Western Island Exploration
- Eastern Jeju Private Day Tour
- Western Jeju Private Day Tour
- Southern Jeju Adventure Day Tour
- Jeju Private Car Charter
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket: Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5Days
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
Are you looking for more Jeju travel guide and top things to do in Jeju: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Jeju travel blog (Jeju blog) — The fullest guide for a budget trip to Jeju island, South Korea.